“Staff at Hotel was Awesome”

Champions World Resort
Ranked #34 of 152 Hotels in Kissimmee
Miramar Beach, Florida
“Staff at Hotel was Awesome”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2013

My wife and I recently stayed at Champions and were very impressed with the people working there! The Manager Dalton was so accommodating when we mentioned a problem we had and took care of it immediately. The front Desk LaTisha had a friendly smile and answered all our questions. Miguel who was in the bar and served our food was great. We really enjoyed our stay and had a great time on our vacation.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
ChampionsWorldSales, Director of Sales at Champions World Resort, responded to this review, 29 October 2013
Dear Wayne:

Thank you for letting us know about the quality of our service.

We will indeed pass along the well deserved praises to our associates managers for a job well done.

We are happy to hear that we where there to make your vacation a memorable one along with providing you with good service.

We do hope that when you come to visit our area that you will again be our guests. Thank you for your patronage.

Sincerely

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (357)
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2013

We stay for a surprise trip to Disney with our kids. We receive great service, excellent value and was very clean. The front desk, housekeeping and the restaurant staff where amazing. I really recommend it if you want to be close to Disney, good clean hotel room and treated right.

• Stayed July 2013
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are performing. We are happy to hear that your time spent with us was memorable and more importantly that your memories from your vacation will last a life time!

Hope to see you again soon!
Memphis, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2013

From the moment I arrived the resort from the shuttle I was a bit leery, it looked a bit shabby compared to some resorts I had passed on the way. These feelings completely dissipated while checking in. Erika got me checked in and was super friendly. The lobby was very nice. I had quite a bit of baggage and Tony [general manager] who happened to be passing by helped me get all this to the room assigned me. Apparently there are different grades of rooms there because they are getting remodeled. I got to see 3 different types of rooms before settling in room 120, which is excellent. Better than the pictures I had seen on site. The room was very clean, spacious, mattress firm, nice TV...and even though maintenance did work every day I could not hear them unless I came outside. Housekeeping kept me in clean towels and were very helpful. After getting settled in, I immediately went to the restaurant/lounge where I was served by Maurice, Jay, and Russell who were very professional and friendly. They have good food and a juke box. The locals across the street come in daily and gave me all kinds of pointers on attractions in the area, and were wonderful to talk with. Many thanks to Bob, Ina, Dutch, and so many more locals. It was my birthday week and they had run out of my favorite liquor, but made it a point to order it in for my birthday night. They also surprised me with a small birthday cake! The special care I received here touched my heart! The pools and hot tub were my main concern and they were clean and properly maintained. Only wish they were open later, as I'm a night owl working night shift. Breakfast buffet was wonderful! The bacon and waffles were cooked to perfection. I stayed Sept. 17-23/13 and would not hesitate to come back. A special thanks to Mr. Tony and Alan Captain Reeves, both of who were spot on in their hospitality. I made many wonderful friends here and most certainly will recommend this place to all friends visiting this area. Thank you Champions for making my birthday a very special and memorable occasion. The warm friendly atmosphere here and personal caring of employees has surpassed every other place I have stayed. Plus, it really is beautiful here with lush tropical scenery, BBQ pits for cooking, nature trails and large warm pools.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2013

I stayed here from 17th-27th Sept and found the outside looking a little dated and not very appealing on fist sight, Once inside the reception area it was easy to see that the area was well kept and very clean, Check-in was very quick and carried out with a smile, all sorted within 5 minutes.

Room I was allocated overlooked the undercover swimming pool, the room was very clean and had a microwave, coffee machine, fridge flat screen TV, Iron and board, 2 queen size beds, table and chairs. The bathroom was clean with complimentary shampoo and conditioner, electric hair dryer. The decoration in the room was dated and requires updating.

I thought it was strange why there was a 1" gap under the door, this allowed the possibility of insects to come into the room, I never saw any cockroaches anywhere on the site during my 10 day stay, the rooms were cleaned daily to a good standard although the maids can be noisy with their trolleys around 8am lol.

Free internet was available in the rooms but the system was quite poor at times and signal loss occurred often, following a heavy 2 days of rain the system was unusable unless you went to the reception. The hotel has since replaced/upgraded their system and it was working a lot better.

This hotel is around 20 minutes from Downtown Disney on the west side of the 192 and is close to Publix and Target and also numerous restaurants.

If you're looking for a budget hotel that provides transport to the parks, free internet and a very clean room then this is the place. I would definitely recommend this hotel!!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Mightymag
Hertfordshire, UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2013

OK, first things first....this ISN'T the Ritz or the Beverley Wilshier. Its is a great budget hotel/motel.
The staff are excellent, the place clean, food good value. For those on a budget of sorts, it will mean you can free up more cash to spend on eating out, visiting parks etc. The barstaff were excellent, the cleaners always polite and friendly. My partner and I had a great time, and got some great advice from the staff regarding where to go eat, night out that DIDN'T involve Mickey or Minnie. There are plenty of great restaurants in Kissimmee, our fave was the Bonefish, where they served up the best seafood we had. Downtown Kissimme is a great night out, its like Key West if you have been there. Nice little boutique style shops aas well as a fair few bars and some fairground rides. And its easy from the resort. Jump on a bus, the stop is outside ! Takes about 15mins. Another great place to eat is the Japanese in Kissimmee, Kobe. Great laugh as the chefs chop the food in front of you........lovely experience !!!! Try visiting Westgate for the time-share....its an easy way t get breakfast AND we got $140 for doing it, PLUS we got half-price EPCOT tickets. Parks are phenomenal, EXCEPT EPCOT, its old and has a dated and tired feel about it. SeaWorld was our favourite, especialy the show in the evening. All in all, great place to stay and a great place to visit !!

Room Tip: Get a room as far away frmo the under-cover pool....try one at the back...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Webster, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2013

I have stayed at hotels that cost alot more and weren't as good as this. My son loves the covered pool and the nature walk. the only thing is we go to Universal studios and wet and wild and they are not as close as Disney but not a far trip. The front desk is great and accommodates as much as possible and are very nice. The rooms are clean and have a mini fridge and microwave.

Room Tip: Request lower floor and near lobby. Avoid corner rooms due to stairs are loud.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank William J
Bangor, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2013

Just been there recently and like others a bit apprehensive after reading some of the reviews,but take no notice. We went over from the UK to get married and when we got to the hotel what a surprise we had.The room we had was on the second floor and had some lovely views,the room was clean,also the bathroom and all the linen.Wow great , now checked out the bar , it closed at 9 pm . We could not understand this as that is the time people get back from the parks and are looking to wind down , have a few beers and talk about the day and plan tomorrow,this was my only complaint . The staff were brilliant and very helpful , the guy in the bar was a native indian whose name was TONY , what a guy and what a laugh.We made friends with some of the locals and they were great and had a phew beers.What a great time and hope to go back and celebrate 1 year of marriage.This place is very good value for the money and would tell anyone to go and enjoy your holiday (vacation) ha ha , ENJOY.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple