“AWESOME!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #33 of 153 Hotels in Kissimmee
Key Largo, Florida
“AWESOME!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2014

The place was much bigger than anticipated. Extremely nice. There were three pools and they were clean & nice, staff very friendly, and room was clean, big, and very welcoming. We had a wonderful stay--It was AWESOME!!

Room Tip: Mention why you are there. We were on a "romantic weekend" rekindling our love and we got...
2 Thank QicVic

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (349)
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Magnolia, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2014 via mobile

Clean comfortable beds and roomy rooms. Cable TV kinda staticky though so we didn't watch. Very convenient to WDW but you better have reservations, at least during school holidays & vacations. In-room safe for your valuables. You can buy your Disney tickets directly in the lobby & they're the newer Credit-card ones so you don't have to upgrade in the park.

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Debbie C
Memphis, Tennessee
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2014

Have you seen Vacancy (the movie)? This is what this place reminds me of. We were in search of a resort with a vacancy due to our reservations at another resort being changed. We only needed one night somewhere and found this place online while driving to Orlando. BEWARE!! This is not a resort but a large motel. It will make your heart sink when you arrive as the exterior is absolutely hideous. I will say that the room we had was clean with new inexpensive furniture even the flat screen television. The floors had been tiled and the wi-fi was good. The only downside to the room was the awful, heavy perfumed odor that overwhelms you. There is a deodorizer of some sort mounted on the wall. If you have asthma or allergies this may bother you. We paid $37 plus taxes and a $7 resort fee which was about $50. For a quick in between stay, choose somewhere else. I guess this is ok but I wouldn't recommend it if something else is available.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Stephanie E

Travellers are raving about these Kissimmee hotels

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2014 via mobile

This is the cleanest hotel off of Disney property. We had ground floor room. All tile floors, fridge and microwave in every room. White linens on bed, that were actually white no stains!! Flat screen tvs. The whole grounds are clean. There is a trail in back with lots of waterfalls and a private beach with paddle boats! This is not advertised enough! Security at night is plentiful. They lock down the pools at 11 so you can sleep if you have a pool room. No parties all night here. No locals living here.

Breakfast buffet was around $10 per person. Lots of options, pancake, eggs sausage, grits, potatoes, cereals, juice. Very convenient if your going straight to the parks. I was worried that the heated pool would be too cold but still advertised as "heated" like most hotels in this area. It is very warm and truly a heated pool. The heated pool is outside but has a concrete awning over it. Perfect for not burning up in the Florida sun. There's still 2 other pools and huge hot tub so it never feels crowded. A nice restaurant and bar here as well.

This place has everything. Don't miss out on the trail by the beach! Lots of places for pictures by the palm trees!

• Stayed March 2014
2 Thank Sk322601
Houston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2014

I booked thru Hotwire and when it was revealed that it was the Champions World Resort - I immediately thought "What the heck?" I've never heard of this place!

When I checked in I was immediately impressed. While the hotel is an older property - I could tell that they spend time and consideration in updating the property. The lobby was contemporary and their staff was wonderful! Check-in was quick and the staff obviously knew what they were doing!

Upon checking out my room - I immediately noticed that I didn't have bedside lamps. Both of them were missing. I called the front desk and inquired if the room was missing the lamps or they simply didn't provide them. He informed me that they must be missing and he said he would call maintenance. Within 15 minutes - I had 2 lamps that matched the decor. Speaking of decor - the room was modern, and actually very nice. I love the tiled floor vs carpet because I always hate it when I look at my socks and they are dirty....even in upscale $200 hotels. I could tell that this hotel room was clean.

I am here for 3 nights and I am really impressed. They have 3 pools and an whole sports park that is right behind the property. Tennis, basketball, walking paths, ponds, etc.

Great hotel at a fantastic price!!!!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank hendejm
Halifax, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2014

We stayed 7 nights and had a great time. The staff were wonderful, from the front desk, the housekeepers, to the dining room very helpful and friendly. The breakfast buffet was affordable 15$ before 8am and 20$ after for two adults and there was a variety each day (eggs, bacon, sausage, fruit, pancakes, tea biscuits, cereal, muffins, etc). They also serve a delicious steak for diner also reasonably priced $12.99 for 9oz. There are three pools all very well maintained and a large hot tub. The shuttle service to Disney was dependable leaving for Magic Kingdom at 1045 and returning at 830 and 1000pm nightly, Epcot shuttle left at 0945 and returned at 945 nightly, also an early shuttle to Sea World and Universal 730 am. The shuttle drivers also very helpful and knowledgeable. Yes the rooms could use some updating, but they were comfortable and we had no issues with cleanliness, the walls are not soundproof so at times it can be a little noisy but all in all we slept well. I would go back.

Eagan, Minnesota
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

My family and I stayed here for 7 days. The price was right - but here are the negatives:
* Room(s) smelled incrediby moldy (we moved to a different room after we walked into our original room because of the smell. The new room did not smell any better than the first, and the staff claimed it was from previous tennants wet bathing suits -- very unlikely in my opinion. As previous members have stated, all of our clothes reaked after the first night in the hotel.
* There was a microwave and refrigerator...HOWEVER THERE WERE NOT ENOUGH OUTLETS TO USE BOTH!!! There is a VERY insufficient number of outlets in the rooms, and the outlets that are there are very poor (several times my phone charger unplugged from the outlet and fell on the floor). I had to unplug most of the lamps in order to charge our 2 cell phones and camera battery. I would think there would be some type of requirement for more outlets. The total number of outlets in our room was 7. That includes the bathroom, the hall, and the room. 3lights take up 3. The refridgerator takes up 1. That leaves 3 in the bathroom and the other sink. So there are no open outlets in the "living" area - including no open ones for the microwave unless you unplug a light or the refrigerator.
* The cleaning of our room was not very thorough. I left an empty box of candy on the floor next to one of the beds on the first night. It was still there on the 7th day. Bedding appeared to have been changed but not much else.
* The floor is very uncomfortable.
* The beds, and pillows, were very uncomfortable.

Positives:
* Staff very helpful -- as a previous commentor stated a week ago, they were allowed to use the office printer to print out a boarding pass. This also happened to us...which means their printer in the computer room has been not working for at least a week, but at least they have an alternate to use.
* The price was right - because of the money we saved on this hotel we were able to do more in Orlando.

Overall -- I would not stay here again, however if you are looking for an affordable alternative to the ridiculously priced Disney hotels, and if you want to stay close to the park, this would fit the bill.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family