“It surprised me!!”

Ranked #35 of 152 Hotels in Kissimmee
Aguadilla, Puerto Rico
“It surprised me!!”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

I stayed in the Champions World resort from June 21st to June 28th with my daughter. I booked it base on price and proximity to the Walt Disney World parks plus it is a Good neighbor Hotel for Disney. I was looking for a clean, safe place to sleep because when you go on this type of vacations you spend most of your time in the parks. As the date approaches I got in trip advisor and read reviews and allow the bad feedback (which were not that many, the good feedback was more) to influence me, I was frustrated. But to my surprise what I read on those bad reviews thankfully was not what I got, MY STAY WAS GREAT! It is a nice hotel. I got a 2 bed room in the second floor of the building close to the lobby. The room was clean, the furniture was functional and in excellent conditions, bathroom was also clean, double sink and always clean towels. The rooms have a fridge and a microwave that help me keep my budget under control by having breakfast or a meal in our room. There is no elevator, but there is only 2 floors per building, so going up and down is not that bad. The swimming pool is of good size, it is in the terrace so it is set under a roof and surrounded by fence which I thought it was a good thing since there were a lot of small children around, they even have a small playground. They have a trail that took me through a nice garden. The people that work in the hotel was very helpful from the front desk to the maids everyone was nice and always willing to help. They have a nice restaurant and a store that was perfect to purchase some gifts to take home because the prices were very good. If you are looking for a nice, clean, safe, accessible and practical place to stay near Disney, this is the place. If they keep the good work I will definitely stay again in the future.

Room Tip: The room I got had tiles floor not carpet, which was good especially if you suffer from allergies or...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank lourdes a
JNChampions, Manager at Champions World Resort, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Dear Lourdes,

Thank your for taking a moment to share a review about your experience during your most recent stay. We are grateful that you offered us an opportunity and selected Champions World Resort as your destination. It is gratifying to read that we pleasantly surprised you and you were able enjoy your stay. We hope to see you soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (366)
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Stafford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 July 2014

This is our fifth visit to Florida and this was the worse hotel we have stayed in. The motel not hotel was very dated. The room was dark and drab with a large black stain on the ceiling where the aircon unit was. The room was large enough but was not up to Florida standards. It had two double beds but both were tiny and very uncomfortable. Overall it was very shabby. The staff on the desk when we arrived were not rude but they were by no means helpful or happy to see you. There are a lot of hotels in this price range which are better than this one so I would recommend that you seek out one of them.

Room Tip: Please choose a different hotel. As stated there are better for the price.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Alan J
Dear Alan,

We sincerely regret to hear of your dissatisfaction with your recent stay. Our resort strive to provide guests with a satisfactory stay, and we regret that this was not your feeling. This being said, we strongly advise guests to notify our team during the time of their stay of any issues that may arise, allowing us the opportunity to amend them to the best of our abilities. We hope that you will allow us the opportunity to provide you with a much more pleasant stay in the future.

Travellers are raving about these Kissimmee hotels

Bedfordshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We may be "trashy" in your other commentators view but my wife and have travelled the world staying in hotels and guest houses of all standards and Star ratings. We have suffered or experienced most levels of accomodation and met examples of all types of humanity.
This hotel had both warmth and friendliness and was a relaxing experiance.
We can only commend the staff and management of this hotel for the courteous and professional manner they showed us throughout the stay.
Our room had been recently refurbished and was spotlessly clean. The shower head constantly dripped but... HEY !. We didn't even report it. The house keeping was excellent and their timing was flexible to us vacating late each day or sleeping in.
The covered swimming pool was noisy with young families enjoying themselves but we chose to use the 2 other pools to unwind at.
The garden area with its man made beach was a calm secret oasis retreat after the hectic Disney experiences of the day.
The breakfast had both hot and cold choices and was presented in a clean and pleasant environment.
In my opinion, the complex would benefit from having its only bar stay open later in the evening as an adult socialising area. However, there was always the rooms fridge and the close by ice machine for those needing to unwind.
Maybe we were just lucky or others were unlucky. Whatever, we had a fantastic stay.
We have recommend this hotel to our family for when they visit the area for its location, amenities and value for money.

Room Tip: If you want quiet ask for a room in 'I' block as seems quieter away from undercover pool are...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank julie_stokes94
JNChampions, Manager at Champions World Resort, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Dear Julie,

Thank you for sharing your experience about your most recent stay. It's always exciting to read when our guests are satisfied with Champions World Resort. We do apologize for the drip in your shower, we would've have sent one of our maintenance guys to take care of that right away! If you have a moment give us a call so we may obtain the room number you were in. Thanks again for your review, we will make sure our maintenance team will look out for shower drips in rooms when they are on their route of our ongoing Preventive Maintenance Program. We hope you return to visit us!
Reviewed 12 July 2014

I bought a Groupon for a 2 night stay and I bailed after the first night. This hotel/motel was probably built in the 70's and although they are trying to re-furbish/modernize it...you can't change the way it was built. I should have known when I walked in the lobby and it didn't have a pleasant smell, that I wasn't going to be happy. Joshua at the front desk was super friendly and was able to get me into my room 15 minutes earlier than check-in time. Although, once in the room...it also smelled funny and the floor had some type of sticky film on it. That night, it was hard for my kids and I to fall asleep as we had an end room on the second floor, next to the stairwell and you could hear running/walking until 11 p.m. IT WAS LOUD!! The beds were ok, but super bouncy and I could feel everytime my kid moved next to me. In the morning I took a shower and the tub wouldn't drain. GROSS! I ended up checking out later that day...an entire day early. The type of patrons staying there were let's say..."trashy!" So much so that I was scared to stay there the second night without having my sister stay with me again as she had to travel home. To sum things up...if you have no expectations of a nice hotel...and you have never stayed in a nice hotel....then this place might work for you. I will never pay $64 a night again to save a couple bucks. I will definitely spend the extra money.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear Kimmie,

We sincerely apologize for the dissatisfaction you had during your most recent stay. It is a priority for us to make sure our guests feel safe and accommodated. It saddens me to read that you left a day early. We strongly advise our guests to notify our team of any issues they may have, allowing us the opportunity to amend them to the best of our ability. We hope you allow us another opportunity to provide you with a much better stay!
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 July 2014

We were given this hotel as part of a holiday package and I was very worried having read some of the reports. However, there was nothing to worry about at all the place is well run, very clean and only 15 minutes to Disney. It takes quite a bit more time to get to Universal and SeaWorld but that would be the same wherever you stayed.

Our rooms (we had 3) were all spacious and well kept the bedding and towels were changed daily and the beds themselves were exceptionally comfortable, plenty of hot water too.

We did have a few issues with being given the key to an already occupied room at the beginning and occasionally the room cards would not work but the provision of a cot (crib) was soon sorted out and a kettle was brought upon request and the maintenance guy helped me to get back into the safe when I forgot (or messed up) the pass code. One room had leaky air-con which they never managed to rectify but it did not case any real issues.

Reception and cleaning staff were all very pleasant and polite sometimes in spite of the language barrier and all pubic areas including the pool were very well kept. July 4th was celebrated with a film and then a visit of a man with some alligators which was a nice touch and appreciated.

We did not eat in the hotel at all, we only used the bar on the first night as we had an early one after travelling, other nights it was closed which was a shame as it was very nice to sit outside on the patio in evening air having a nice cold beer.

I would stay here again if the price was right and would just say that you get what you pay for and this is more than adequate enough when you spend most of our days in the theme parks. It goes very quiet at night apart from the occasional police/fire siren and goods night sleep was had be all.

Room Tip: Rooms near the road are lighter but noisier, ones overlooking the indoor pool are nice. Plenty of p...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear Goldie,

Thank you for sharing your experience during your most recent stay. We apologize for all the issues you encounter upon your arrival. That is definitely not the first impression we set out to make, but we thank you for allowing us the opportunity to assisting you and correcting these concerns before you left. We appreciate your review and we are glad that you had an enjoyable stay with us!
West Orange, New Jersey
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Very clean and close to everything. The staff was awesome especially Ms Katherine who greeted me and made herself available to help me throughout my stay. We decided to go out an explore the area on our own and thought we needed a rental car. She was willing to help us get to our pick up by offering us a ride! Now, that is what I called customer service! Thank you again Ms Katherine for going the extra mile to make our vacation great! See you next year

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Cynt,

Thank you for sharing your experience about your most recent stay at Champions World Resort. We are excited that you enjoyed your stay and Katherine was able to go beyond your expectations to assist you. It is our priority to provide the best customer service we can provide to all of our guests! We hope you allow us the opportunity to host your next visit to Florida!
Heywood
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Stayed here for two weeks June/July 2014. On checking in the rooms that had been requested and confirmed three weeks earlier were not the ones allocated. Complained to the front desk, and was told they would sort it out the next day, which to their credit they did. The new rooms were fine with exception that phone did not work in one, and the hand basin plug (one of those that are operated by a lever) did not work. These faults were reported to the front desk on the second day of our stay, and again on the fifth day of our stay, and to a supervisor on the seventh day. The fault still had not been sorted when we left to come home. Another failing was the bar, Miguel the barman was superb, but when coming back from Theme parks at ten oclock to find the bar closed was a little annoying for a largish International hotel. Apart from these two points the hotel was very good, clean linen daily, good facilities, and I would probably consider it next time I went to Florida.

Room Tip: Try to get a room close to the hotel reception area, or at least overlooking one of the three pools
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Philip,

Thank you for sharing the details of your most recent stay with Champions World Resort. We apologize for the issues you encountered when you arrived to your room and communicating to our team. Although you encountered these issues we are glad to read that you had an overall pleasant stay. We hope that you will return so we may an opportunity to serve you better!