“Amazing Hotel - Will be recommended!”

Champions World Resort
Ranked #33 of 154 Hotels in Kissimmee
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Champions World Resort Hotel was fantastic when we went to stay at the beginning of July. There is daily room service to clean your room, and there are THREE pools to choose from and even a hot tub! You definitely get so much for your money at this hotel and we would recommend anyone to go there.

There are FREE shuttles to Disney's Magic Kingdom and Epcot and also to Universal Studios and SeaWorld! A free shuttle is also provided to get to the local shopping outlet mall - Lake Buena Vista Factory Stores.

The staff there are very friendly and helpful - especially Tamara and Suhaze who made our stay all the more enjoyable with their great customer service and even provided us with tips about where to go as it was our first time to Orlando.

The rooms are basic, but you don't need much. You get what you pay for and these rooms did us just fine. We were pleasantly surprised to be honest. There are two huge beds per room, with plenty of place to store your things; a flatscreen TV with plenty of channels to choose from, a fridge and microwave and coffee machine. There is free access to the WiFi which was great and also the safe was free to use.

We only discovered this on our last day, but the resort also has a nature park place attached to it which is beautiful and a perfect place to catch the sun as well.

Overall it was a great experience and if we were to return to Florida, Champions World Resort would be our first choice to stay again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Louis S

Reviewed 17 July 2014

Not sure if this is simply a motel that is supposed to be value for money as it was booked as part of a total package, but it certainly wouldn't be my first choice of a place to stay. We arrived to find the member of staff outside washing his dog. The room was very dull and dingy, not helped by some walls being painted in a dark colour, (rather than white, which would have helped) as well as dark curtains. Also, given the size of the main room, it would have also benefited from a centre light, rather than relying upon numerous small lights scattered throughout the room. There has obviously been some attempt made to freshen the room up, decoration wise, but the room lacks any comfortable seating, even though there is room for some. There is a useful second sink in a separate area from the bathroom and main room, which has a coffee machine but no kettle, and fresh coffee sachets are left for use daily, as are shampoo, body lotion and clean towels if required. There is a fridge but no cutlery or crockery is provided, apart from a paper cup, for being able to make your own food, even a sandwich. The furnishings are quite basic and well worn. It was rather worrying how easy it was for our door to be jemmied open with a small crowbar when the battery ran out on the lock, and we were unable to get the door open. The member of staff ignored our concern when we expressed it to him. The staff are very pleasant but were unable to answer a number of questions about some of the local attractions. They are all very young and seem quite inexperienced. The over all impression is of an old fashioned holiday camp, run by teenagers, without anyone of adult age around to offer some expertise and sound advice. The WiFi rarely worked unless you went to sit in the lobby. It is useful to have a launderette on site, although this would be benefit from some additional seating. It was fairly noisy around the site both in the mornings, as people were leaving to go out for the day, and late at night, often due to young children shouting and teenagers screaming along the corridors and in the outdoor pool, so lay-ins and early nights were out of the question.

Room Tip: Wifi was free but rarely worked.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Uzum54
Reviewed 16 July 2014

I stayed in the Champions World resort from June 21st to June 28th with my daughter. I booked it base on price and proximity to the Walt Disney World parks plus it is a Good neighbor Hotel for Disney. I was looking for a clean, safe place to sleep because when you go on this type of vacations you spend most of your time in the parks. As the date approaches I got in trip advisor and read reviews and allow the bad feedback (which were not that many, the good feedback was more) to influence me, I was frustrated. But to my surprise what I read on those bad reviews thankfully was not what I got, MY STAY WAS GREAT! It is a nice hotel. I got a 2 bed room in the second floor of the building close to the lobby. The room was clean, the furniture was functional and in excellent conditions, bathroom was also clean, double sink and always clean towels. The rooms have a fridge and a microwave that help me keep my budget under control by having breakfast or a meal in our room. There is no elevator, but there is only 2 floors per building, so going up and down is not that bad. The swimming pool is of good size, it is in the terrace so it is set under a roof and surrounded by fence which I thought it was a good thing since there were a lot of small children around, they even have a small playground. They have a trail that took me through a nice garden. The people that work in the hotel was very helpful from the front desk to the maids everyone was nice and always willing to help. They have a nice restaurant and a store that was perfect to purchase some gifts to take home because the prices were very good. If you are looking for a nice, clean, safe, accessible and practical place to stay near Disney, this is the place. If they keep the good work I will definitely stay again in the future.

Room Tip: The room I got had tiles floor not carpet, which was good especially if you suffer from allergies or...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank lourdes a
JNChampions, Manager at Champions World Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Dear Lourdes,

Thank your for taking a moment to share a review about your experience during your most recent stay. We are grateful that you offered us an opportunity and selected Champions World Resort as your destination. It is gratifying to read that we pleasantly surprised you and you were able enjoy your stay. We hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 15 July 2014

This is our fifth visit to Florida and this was the worse hotel we have stayed in. The motel not hotel was very dated. The room was dark and drab with a large black stain on the ceiling where the aircon unit was. The room was large enough but was not up to Florida standards. It had two double beds but both were tiny and very uncomfortable. Overall it was very shabby. The staff on the desk when we arrived were not rude but they were by no means helpful or happy to see you. There are a lot of hotels in this price range which are better than this one so I would recommend that you seek out one of them.

Room Tip: Please choose a different hotel. As stated there are better for the price.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Alan J

Dear Alan,

We sincerely regret to hear of your dissatisfaction with your recent stay. Our resort strive to provide guests with a satisfactory stay, and we regret that this was not your feeling. This being said, we strongly advise guests to notify our team during the time of their stay of any issues that may arise, allowing us the opportunity to amend them to the best of our abilities. We hope that you will allow us the opportunity to provide you with a much more pleasant stay in the future.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

We may be "trashy" in your other commentators view but my wife and have travelled the world staying in hotels and guest houses of all standards and Star ratings. We have suffered or experienced most levels of accomodation and met examples of all types of humanity.
This hotel had both warmth and friendliness and was a relaxing experiance.
We can only commend the staff and management of this hotel for the courteous and professional manner they showed us throughout the stay.
Our room had been recently refurbished and was spotlessly clean. The shower head constantly dripped but... HEY !. We didn't even report it. The house keeping was excellent and their timing was flexible to us vacating late each day or sleeping in.
The covered swimming pool was noisy with young families enjoying themselves but we chose to use the 2 other pools to unwind at.
The garden area with its man made beach was a calm secret oasis retreat after the hectic Disney experiences of the day.
The breakfast had both hot and cold choices and was presented in a clean and pleasant environment.
In my opinion, the complex would benefit from having its only bar stay open later in the evening as an adult socialising area. However, there was always the rooms fridge and the close by ice machine for those needing to unwind.
Maybe we were just lucky or others were unlucky. Whatever, we had a fantastic stay.
We have recommend this hotel to our family for when they visit the area for its location, amenities and value for money.

Room Tip: If you want quiet ask for a room in 'I' block as seems quieter away from undercover pool are...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank julie_stokes94
JNChampions, Manager at Champions World Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Dear Julie,

Thank you for sharing your experience about your most recent stay. It's always exciting to read when our guests are satisfied with Champions World Resort. We do apologize for the drip in your shower, we would've have sent one of our maintenance guys to take care of that right away! If you have a moment give us a call so we may obtain the room number you were in. Thanks again for your review, we will make sure our maintenance team will look out for shower drips in rooms when they are on their route of our ongoing Preventive Maintenance Program. We hope you return to visit us!

Reviewed 12 July 2014

I bought a Groupon for a 2 night stay and I bailed after the first night. This hotel/motel was probably built in the 70's and although they are trying to re-furbish/modernize it...you can't change the way it was built. I should have known when I walked in the lobby and it didn't have a pleasant smell, that I wasn't going to be happy. Joshua at the front desk was super friendly and was able to get me into my room 15 minutes earlier than check-in time. Although, once in the room...it also smelled funny and the floor had some type of sticky film on it. That night, it was hard for my kids and I to fall asleep as we had an end room on the second floor, next to the stairwell and you could hear running/walking until 11 p.m. IT WAS LOUD!! The beds were ok, but super bouncy and I could feel everytime my kid moved next to me. In the morning I took a shower and the tub wouldn't drain. GROSS! I ended up checking out later that day...an entire day early. The type of patrons staying there were let's say..."trashy!" So much so that I was scared to stay there the second night without having my sister stay with me again as she had to travel home. To sum things up...if you have no expectations of a nice hotel...and you have never stayed in a nice hotel....then this place might work for you. I will never pay $64 a night again to save a couple bucks. I will definitely spend the extra money.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear Kimmie,

We sincerely apologize for the dissatisfaction you had during your most recent stay. It is a priority for us to make sure our guests feel safe and accommodated. It saddens me to read that you left a day early. We strongly advise our guests to notify our team of any issues they may have, allowing us the opportunity to amend them to the best of our ability. We hope you allow us another opportunity to provide you with a much better stay!

Reviewed 11 July 2014

We were given this hotel as part of a holiday package and I was very worried having read some of the reports. However, there was nothing to worry about at all the place is well run, very clean and only 15 minutes to Disney. It takes quite a bit more time to get to Universal and SeaWorld but that would be the same wherever you stayed.

Our rooms (we had 3) were all spacious and well kept the bedding and towels were changed daily and the beds themselves were exceptionally comfortable, plenty of hot water too.

We did have a few issues with being given the key to an already occupied room at the beginning and occasionally the room cards would not work but the provision of a cot (crib) was soon sorted out and a kettle was brought upon request and the maintenance guy helped me to get back into the safe when I forgot (or messed up) the pass code. One room had leaky air-con which they never managed to rectify but it did not case any real issues.

Reception and cleaning staff were all very pleasant and polite sometimes in spite of the language barrier and all pubic areas including the pool were very well kept. July 4th was celebrated with a film and then a visit of a man with some alligators which was a nice touch and appreciated.

We did not eat in the hotel at all, we only used the bar on the first night as we had an early one after travelling, other nights it was closed which was a shame as it was very nice to sit outside on the patio in evening air having a nice cold beer.

I would stay here again if the price was right and would just say that you get what you pay for and this is more than adequate enough when you spend most of our days in the theme parks. It goes very quiet at night apart from the occasional police/fire siren and goods night sleep was had be all.

Room Tip: Rooms near the road are lighter but noisier, ones overlooking the indoor pool are nice. Plenty of p...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear Goldie,

Thank you for sharing your experience during your most recent stay. We apologize for all the issues you encounter upon your arrival. That is definitely not the first impression we set out to make, but we thank you for allowing us the opportunity to assisting you and correcting these concerns before you left. We appreciate your review and we are glad that you had an enjoyable stay with us!