“worst motel”

Ranked #34 of 152 Hotels in Kissimmee
denver colorado
“worst motel”
Reviewed 13 March 2010

We saw this place online for cheep so we decided to stay for $32 a night we thought great deal. Not a great place at all we arrived late and checked in then they wanted us to talk to the frount person so we did. Spent 1hr with him he told us that we can get a free breakfast if we went through a time share which he said was not one. They had free shuttles to Disney. We were told that the shuttle only pickes pick up in magic kingdom and that we had to be back by 925 at night in order to get picked up and they ended up going to epcot any way and they were late . the shower did not have cold water and the beds felt like you were sleeping on rocks. and we could here the family next to us the walls werenot proof. It was not what it looked on the net

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (356)
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
klynne2
Reviewed 11 March 2010

The snowstorms on the East Coast delayed our trip and we had to scramble at the last minute to rebook our flight and our hotel. Our favorite hotel was not available for our new travel dates, of course, so I logged on to travelocity and prayed. I found several hotels in my price range, which is budget, and then logged on over to TripAdvisor to compare the reviews. Champions World Resort had the best reviews of my selections and so I called and booked it. Since I don't rent a car, the hotel I use has to have shuttles to the Disney Parks, Seaworld Parks, and Universal. Our 10 day vacation got cut to 7 days with the new flight arrangements and the girls, my daughter, her best friend, and granddaughter were already dissappointed. I wanted to find a hotel they would enjoy, with a pool, gameroom, playground, etc. Champions had all of the above.
Since I have to hire a ride from the airport to the hotel I inquired of Champions if they had a service for airport arrivals. They had me call a local service that they use that gives Champion's guests a discount. Of course I shopped around, and the rate by USA Tours that Champion told me about were the lowest, about $20 less per trip. I was very pleased by that even before we arrived.
Our poolside room had a microwave and fridge, and that was great! Plus, it overlooked the covered pool. The girls barely dragged their suitcased into the room before changing and heading out to the pool! They had a great time, and even got to swim one warm day that was too rainy for the parks.
The room was clean and cozy, although a bit old. The beds were comfy and the coffee maker worked. I was very happy!
The lobby had a diningroom that offered a very reasonable breakfast buffet with kids free. It was quick and convenient for the days we were going to the parks and the coffee was very good. I got a cup to go most mornings for the shuttle ride.
The shuttle to the various parks is such a convenience, and a must for me as I don' t rent a car. It saves a ton of money! It was always exactly on time! The ride to the parks was about a half hour each way.
The lobby also had a little store with pre-packaged foods and snacks, milk ,etc. And thank goodness, razors, for 25c each. The girls did not bring razors and they planned to sunbathe at Aquatica so it was a minor crisis averted.
I was able to log on to the free wifi on my laptop with no problem, but it was a bit slower than I am used to. The staff was amazing! Rodrigo, who was in the lobby most nights and answered the phones was always friendly and helpful when I called about shuttle times, pizza delivery, quarters for the onsite laundry room, etc. The gentleman who worked in the lobby store was helpful with restaurant suggestions and came to the rescue with shampoo and the 25c razors!
There is Dominos and Subway right across the road, and a gift shop next door. For not having a rental car the location was quite nice with everything we need a quick walk away.
The girls loved Champions and had a great time. I would definately return again for the price and the service!

2 Thank klynne2
Arlington, VA
Reviewed 8 March 2010

Spots of mold in room & bathroom. Wear sandals IN the room, carpet is filthy. Mattresses old, sheets scratchy (cheap & threadbare). Bar is unattractive & very basic, garishly & brightly lit. In Orlando, you can a whole lot better than this place, for the same money. Avoid this place !

• Stayed January 2010

Travellers are raving about these Kissimmee hotels

pennsylvania
Reviewed 4 March 2010

Thank you for a wonderful stay. Kids had a great time. Lots of things to do for kids. We stood there for a week and had no problems. CLEAN ROOMS !! Housekeepers were great had fresh towels daily and all amenities. Can't wait to go back with friends....

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
mplaencia, General Manager at Champions World Resort, responded to this review, 9 March 2010
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to give us your feedback. We are happy to hear that you had a good stay with us. We thank you for your business and welcome you back in the future. Thank you once again.
Pensacola
Reviewed 26 February 2010

My spouse and children enjoyed the tennis court, the kids' playground, and we had a blast playing softball.
The tours to and from Disney should have more trips scheduled, but overall we enjoyed our trip.
Thanks for the memories!

1 Thank pichike
mplaencia, g at Champions World Resort, responded to this review, 9 March 2010
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay. Please come see us again when you are in the area again. Thank you.
Bracknell
Reviewed 21 February 2010

Never been to a place so appalling!!!!! In the space of two weeks we had been moved into 3 rooms, the first was dirty and the door didn't shut properly, the 2nd lead to us all having bites from bed bugs which was confirmed by an exterminator, the 3rd didn't have hot water actually we had to turn the tap on for 20 mins before the water would even come out, by then we were past even complaining to the hotel as no appologies were ever given intead we went to our Holiday Rep!!!
For 1 or 2 nights I'm sure you would survive but for a two week holiday there are other places for the same price to stay!!!!!!
It is supposedly "the place that champions stay" how wrong did they get that???? NEVER AGAIN!!!!!!

• Stayed February 2010, travelled with family
mplaencia, General Manager at Champions World Resort, responded to this review, 23 February 2010
We certainly apologized to this guest for this incident. We compensated them. We gave them free breakfast. We upgraded the accommodations. I personally helped her make overseas calls letting her utilze our office. We worked closely with the travel agent to ensure that she was refunded her money. Although this rare incident occurred we took immediate action to correct the problem. We have gone a step further in order to insure that all rooms are pest free and ordor free. We purchased commercial equipment that will eliminate any type of bugs and ordor. We are guaranteeing that our rooms are pest and odor free. We regret that this guest suffered an inconvenience but we are committed to prevent future incidents such as this. Thank you.
spring hill, fl
Reviewed 16 February 2010

Great location to celebration- I-4 and family entertainment. I had read reviews but was surprised the rooms smelled clean, the beds were comfortable, the pool and hot tub large and well maintained. a larger resort, but if there for cheap price not bad. I have stayed in Best Westerns that the rooms cost alot more and really were no better. Shower was strong and Hot. We did not have a coffee pot though but otherwise check in was smooth. entrance locks were older and bathroom ceiling could use up date, but could tell new tub/tub surround and toilet. For the price would definately stay again. No damage to my vehicle and I drive a Nissan 350Z

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple