2,419 results
All reviewscovered poolnature parksoccer fieldfire pitfridge and microwavehot tubcoffee makerdisney parkspizza hutshuttle servicepoolsdaltonorlandoplaygroundthemetargetpond
Reviewed 16 March 2010

I've stayed at the hotel twice over the past few months. The latest being in Feb. Overall I think the hotel is a bargain for the price. Compared to similarly priced hotels in the area, it is much better. The location is on the quieter side of 192, but only a few min from the Disney Maingate. The Pool area looks nice and inviting. The hotel is great for middle class family and friends looking for a decent place to stay, close to Disney without breaking the bank. The staff seemed helpful enough, and the rooms while outdated were fairly clean. The hotel could use a renovation, but it isn't something out of this world. The Beds are firms, and you have a microwave, fridge, and coffeemaker in the room.
Honestly my Biggest complaint, is the Wi-Fi. This day in age, its a big deal. The property is on a quite sizeable lot, but it seems it lacks the range to effectively service the hotel. It was hard getting connected, and slow when connected. These are issues that could be fixed with a couple hundred bucks, so I assume they'll take care of it soon enough.
Overall, if you're looking to stay close to Disney, without breaking the bank, this is your place. Just don't go in expecting a resort, and you'll be fine.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank TheSaint238
mplaencia, General Manager at Champions World Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2010

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate hearing from you. We are implementing some upgrades to our WiFi service that should improve processing speed. Once again, thank you for your comments.

Mario Plasencia

Reviewed 14 March 2010

The hotel is located nearby to Disney. As of hotel room amenities, there was microwave, safe, television. I didn't like the AC, but that's ok I guess for the price I paid. Over all good, would stay again

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 March 2010

We saw this place online for cheep so we decided to stay for $32 a night we thought great deal. Not a great place at all we arrived late and checked in then they wanted us to talk to the frount person so we did. Spent 1hr with him he told us that we can get a free breakfast if we went through a time share which he said was not one. They had free shuttles to Disney. We were told that the shuttle only pickes pick up in magic kingdom and that we had to be back by 925 at night in order to get picked up and they ended up going to epcot any way and they were late . the shower did not have cold water and the beds felt like you were sleeping on rocks. and we could here the family next to us the walls werenot proof. It was not what it looked on the net

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 March 2010

The snowstorms on the East Coast delayed our trip and we had to scramble at the last minute to rebook our flight and our hotel. Our favorite hotel was not available for our new travel dates, of course, so I logged on to travelocity and prayed. I found several hotels in my price range, which is budget, and then logged on over to TripAdvisor to compare the reviews. Champions World Resort had the best reviews of my selections and so I called and booked it. Since I don't rent a car, the hotel I use has to have shuttles to the Disney Parks, Seaworld Parks, and Universal. Our 10 day vacation got cut to 7 days with the new flight arrangements and the girls, my daughter, her best friend, and granddaughter were already dissappointed. I wanted to find a hotel they would enjoy, with a pool, gameroom, playground, etc. Champions had all of the above.
Since I have to hire a ride from the airport to the hotel I inquired of Champions if they had a service for airport arrivals. They had me call a local service that they use that gives Champion's guests a discount. Of course I shopped around, and the rate by USA Tours that Champion told me about were the lowest, about $20 less per trip. I was very pleased by that even before we arrived.
Our poolside room had a microwave and fridge, and that was great! Plus, it overlooked the covered pool. The girls barely dragged their suitcased into the room before changing and heading out to the pool! They had a great time, and even got to swim one warm day that was too rainy for the parks.
The room was clean and cozy, although a bit old. The beds were comfy and the coffee maker worked. I was very happy!
The lobby had a diningroom that offered a very reasonable breakfast buffet with kids free. It was quick and convenient for the days we were going to the parks and the coffee was very good. I got a cup to go most mornings for the shuttle ride.
The shuttle to the various parks is such a convenience, and a must for me as I don' t rent a car. It saves a ton of money! It was always exactly on time! The ride to the parks was about a half hour each way.
The lobby also had a little store with pre-packaged foods and snacks, milk ,etc. And thank goodness, razors, for 25c each. The girls did not bring razors and they planned to sunbathe at Aquatica so it was a minor crisis averted.
I was able to log on to the free wifi on my laptop with no problem, but it was a bit slower than I am used to. The staff was amazing! Rodrigo, who was in the lobby most nights and answered the phones was always friendly and helpful when I called about shuttle times, pizza delivery, quarters for the onsite laundry room, etc. The gentleman who worked in the lobby store was helpful with restaurant suggestions and came to the rescue with shampoo and the 25c razors!
There is Dominos and Subway right across the road, and a gift shop next door. For not having a rental car the location was quite nice with everything we need a quick walk away.
The girls loved Champions and had a great time. I would definately return again for the price and the service!

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank klynne2
Reviewed 8 March 2010

Spots of mold in room & bathroom. Wear sandals IN the room, carpet is filthy. Mattresses old, sheets scratchy (cheap & threadbare). Bar is unattractive & very basic, garishly & brightly lit. In Orlando, you can a whole lot better than this place, for the same money. Avoid this place !

• Stayed: January 2010