2,417 results
All reviewscovered poolnature parksoccer fieldfire pitfridge and microwavehot tubcoffee makerdisney parkspizza hutshuttle servicepoolsdaltonorlandoplaygroundthemetargetpond
Reviewed 26 April 2010

this "hotel" is not a resort...it is more a motel than anything else....the staff are very un-helpful and rude.....it is not a good location for the attractions..it took us 3 hours and 5 buses to get to maceys.......there is only one free shuttle bus each day to unverisal and seaworld leaving at 7.30am returing at 8.30pm..you have to make ur own way to the other parks.....the pools were dirty and there is no filter in the pool...i would never recommend this MOTEL to anyone...due to the volanco we were stranded an extra 5 days they offered no help and we had to pay to use there phone and internet......

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family
mplaencia, General Manager at Champions World Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2010

We would like to express our apologies to the guest for not meeting their expectations. Howver, I would like to clarify a couple of points. We do not offer shuttle service to MACY'S. You must take public transportation if you do not have a car. We do offer FREE Shuttle services to the main attractions (Disney/Universal/Seaworld/) and factory outlet malls. Our 5 pools our maintained by a professional national pool company which service the pools. Our pools are in good standing with the Florida Department of Health and have passed all inspection. Our staff goes out of their way to ensure guest statisfaction.

Reviewed 23 April 2010

Scary! We stayed one night and left! Drunks, people throwing things at the wall behind us! Pros-bucket of beer and two dollar margaritas.

Reviewed 21 April 2010

We have stayed at this hotel several times over the past few years and have always been satisfied. The last time, we asked the front desk clerk for a poolside room and were told that none was available. He gave us an outside room but when we got there we found that the toilet backed up when flushed. We asked for a move within one hour and were then given a poolside room, which had to have been available in the first place! Why did he not give it to us when asked? Was he just trying to be smart?

After a few hours rest in our "new" room, we decided to go out to eat but could not open the room door! The lock was stuck and would not budge. I called the front desk and said that we wanted to go out, to which he replied "go ahead". I deserved that! When I explained the problem, he sent up a maintenence man who looked like Jed Clampett from Beverly Hill Billys. This guy was very friendly and tried his best but he could not open the door. Eventually, he passed me a wrench through the gap under the door and told me to bust the lock with brute force! This I did and we were released!

These were amusing episodes and we enjoyed our stay. The hotel is clean, there are no bugs and the pools are very good.

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 April 2010

This place was nicer than I expected. I booked 5 nights orginally and ended up staying longer for a total of 8 nights. We stayed in the Deluxe pool room which overlooked the pool. The room was is very spacious,clean, and included a frig, microwave, and coffee maker. The hotel is in a great location. Feels very safe staying here. I've stayed in Disney hotels before and that was a concern before I stayed here but it's no longer a certain. The drive to Disney is about a 10 minture drive. I would defintely stay here again.

Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 April 2010

I was very disappointed the night we arrived at the champions resort. I felt totally misled by the beautiful pictures on the internet. The rooms were old. The walls needed to be painted. There was smell of mildew and old worn dirtiness. The covers were old and God knows how many germs from people were in the thread of the covers, as they were poor quality and worn. The carpets were dirty. We had 12 rooms. A few showers did not work or did not have hot water. I was afraid to allow the children to lean on the railings out on the balcony because it was a piece of wood nailed into another piece of wood. Horrible appearance. It was bad. I did not allow the children to lay on the beds. You would think after this place received a review on bed bugs this past February, they would invest in buying new linen and covers for the beds. They did not. It was disgusting. Really. We took our belongings and left the motel the same night. That was the best thing we did. We went to another hotel nearby and had a good nights sleep without worrying about filth and bugs. I would NOT recommend this motel to anyone. Management should be ashamed of themselves.

• Stayed: April 2010