“Not a bad hotel for cheap price”

Champions World Resort
Ranked #33 of 154 Hotels in Kissimmee
Reviewed 13 February 2011

I stayed here from 2/06/11 to 2/12/11..I booked thru a travel agent and was a little worried after reading some reviews on here..just goes to show you can't always believe what ppl say..I had an easy check in n when I got to my room I was very surprised at how clean it was..housekeeping was good they kept us stocked with what we needed..the hotel has 3 pools and one is covered and heated and also clean..the only complaint is that there's only 1 jacuzzi and its in the back where they barely even rent out there so at nite its secluded which is nice but a little scary..I enjoyed it ..I would recommend this place its not expensive, its decent for the $...ppl who complain r just expecting a 5 star hotel for the 3 star price

• Stayed: February 2011
There are newer reviews for Champions World Resort

Reviewed 7 February 2011

My husband and I spent 3 nights there and had a wonderful stay. The rooms were clean a little out dated but nice hopeful they will do some renovations in the future and the pools looked nice but we were too busy to enjoy them. The location was great very close to Disney. The only problem we had during our stay was that the air conditioner was not working properly and we were giving a new room right away. The staff was great and accomodating. Would definitely go back for our next trip to Florida.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 January 2011

This hotel was a suprise for me I was hesitant based off the reviews but it really turned out to be a decent place. Now its not the Hilton so dont show up there expecting that but its no dump either. I enjoyed my stay so much I wasnt sure I wanted to share my experience as I might not be able to get a room next time if they are booked up.

Rooms were clean and of average size we had no issues with pest or the likes the pillows eh were kinda thin but one call and we had some better ones.

Staff was very responsive!

I got a great rate and for one night elsewhere was able to stay 3 here, not that we were at the room that much most of the time we were in Disney.

Getting to Disney was a breeze the entrance was not too far away and along the way were many places to eat and shop.

If you want to go to Disney on a budget consider this hotel you can feel safe and maximize your dollar so you can spend more in the park or maybe the Disney outlet store ;)

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank Mystery_Traveler_0
Reviewed 29 January 2011

Champions World Resort is a dump. We stayed there for 4 nights and if we had not made our reservations thru a travel company with the soccer organization we were with I would have only been there one night. Of the 4 mornings we got ready....2 of those we had no hot water. One evening our AC didnt work and had to call in maintance late one night after kids were asleep and we were ready for bed. The tolite flushed every other flush, the safe didnt work, the "rooms wtih a view" are simply in a covered area where the pool is so the noises echo. The staff was rude and made no attempts to compensate me for my horrible stay. The maintance man argued with me about the water temp. I am not picky--we knew when we made our reservations that we were not staying in a 5 star hotel and I can over look a lot,,,,,,but I CAN NOT over look taking cold showers and not having AC and having staff not believe me.
Pro, this place is in a good location. It is a very easy drive to the Disney parks. There are several resturants, target and Walmart very close. The bed was comfortable

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 January 2011

great service, very clean rooms, excellante staff and great locatioin everything you need is close by. great pool and also you could bbq by the pinic area. booking again for 10 night in june 2011 with family!!!!!!! would recommand to anyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 January 2011

Wow amazing rip off. This place is horrible. Stench room, badly built bathroom, unsecured parking, insane price, price gouging on everything on top if the insane nightly price, and when I needed something taken care of during the day when I didn't have time to go back to the hotel they couldn't be bothered to answer the phone. This hotel takes tourism town rips off to new heights. I did not stay here, since it's insane to stay in this horrible hotel, i'll just take a another hotel. Don’t even think about this hotel. Not even dreams.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank nkumaran
Reviewed 15 December 2010

Stayed here with a football group, and it was a NIGHTMARE. Long story short the health department was called due to the toilets overflowing to the rooms below. The beds were broken, the doors would not lock and roaches came out at night. When tried to approach any management, they wanted you to prove water was leaking all over the rug, and when you did they just moved you to another room.....which was worse. I was also fooled by the good reviews this place got, and now believe its the staff just trying to offset all the bad reviews. I was also there the week of Dec 6 and for anyone to say they relaxed in the pool is insane. The weather was recorded breaking COLD and never exceeded 60 degrees, and the pool was murky as heck! Do not stay here!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank beenplaces_78
mplasencia, Manager at Champions World Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2010

I was personally involved with this situation during this trying to apeace the screaming and yelleing guests from this group. First of all ther claims of roaches are unfounded as we have a thorough pest control program and the room in which they claimed had roaches had no evidence of such. The health department did not come out for any complaints. As a mater of fact the hotel had to call the Sheriff office beacuse the group was so unrully. The bed are inspected before each new guest arrival and we would have noticed any breaks on the beds. The pools are services daily by a profesional pool cleaning company and we did not receive any complaints of pools being dirty. The weather was indeed cold as it was in the rest of the county but only God has control of that. We provide affordable accommodations and the best services possible. Our staff goes out of their way to satisfy our guest.