“Great resort in a brilliant location, would definitely stay again”

Encantada -The Official CLC World Resort
Reviewed 29 July 2014

We have just returned from an almost 3 week stay at Encantada Kissimmee with CLC. It was a holiday of a lifetime which we loved and our townhouse was the perfect place for us to stay while we were there. I realise I have written a long review but there was lots I wanted to say and tips I wanted to give.
The house was 3067 White Orchid, which is a 2 bedroom townhouse. It was beautiful, well kept and clean. The facilities inside the house were great. Bed was very big and comfortable, decor was modern and well kept throughout the house. Downstairs is open plan with nice kitchen, large dining table and chairs, sofa, armchairs, large coffee table and large flat screen TV. Washing machine was really useful, being able to wash clothes meant that we could keep space in our cases for lots of shopping while there! There was a drier which I only tried using once for towels but it didn't seem to work, however this could well have been that I wasn't using it properly, but to be honest I don't like using driers in case they shrink clothes so didn't bother with it rest of the hol, just used the clothes horse and banister/doors etc. I also washed all clothes before coming home, meaning no washing to come home to! Ace! If I had wanted to use drier I would have phoned reception and I am sure they would have helped as they were very helpful any other time I needed help or advice. The washing machine had instructions on it, it would be helpful if the drier did as well for those that want to use it and aren't used to using them.
The kitchen facilities were great, only thing that wasn't there was baking tray, but we bought one cheaply at Walmart. In hindsight we should have just told reception and I'm sure they would have provided them, but oh well. Some things were also provided which we did not expect, including toilet roll, bin bags (although these are bit too small for kitchen bin, but do fine), kitchen roll, few dishwasher tablets, washing up liquid, washing machine powder, mini shampoo and shower gels. These things are replenished when house is cleaned weekly. Towels were replenished then as well as bed sheets changed, but obviously you can wash yourself if you want as well. I needed another bin bag so just phoned reception and asked and they provided it no problem.
It was amazing to have our own patio area at back with a large table, chairs and umbrella, plus 2 sun loungers and another small table, and a Jacuzzi. Jaccuzzi was fab after long day at parks with lots of walking, and was also great to cool down in on hot days lying out the back, just turn the temperature down, let it adjust and jump in (although didn't do this often with so much to do in Orlando!). The patio areas also have a sort of fine fencing around them which is great at stopping most bugs getting in, the big ones anyway.
Pool cleaners Carlos and Angel were great at cleaning out our jaccuzzi when algae had appeared due to rain etc, and they were both really friendly, great guys.
All of the staff we encountered and dealt with were very friendly and helpful. I can't comment on any of the companies other than CLC managing houses there, but I would definitely recommend going with CLC, we did so after reading the reviews on trip advisor and the replies from management companies. From reading these it appears that it is the properties that are not managed by CLC that have the problems and not as good service, so it's it's def worth going with CLC. Although I have to say, we looked at booking directly with them but it was about £500 dearer than booking through a different site! This was a shame in a way as would have liked to book direct, but we were not going to pay that much extra, so we booked with other company and checked first that it was with CLC management. Advice for those looking to do the same - as long as the booking says 'CLC' at the beginning then you are going with their management company. We got a great deal of only £1350 for the accommodation for almost 3 weeks, and although there were only 2 of us, this was a house that could have slept 4 people which would make it even cheaper! We feel that it was well worth the money, and gave us much more space, freedom and spending money than staying in a hotel! It was also great to be able to buy water, juice, snacks, food etc from supermarket and have it in the house.
Can't really comment on the Clubhouse very much as we didn't really use it. We went for a drink there twice and sat outside. It is small but seemed nice, and pool area certainly looked nice and clean. There were 2 small pools, although have to say it was very busy with children, so would be good for families but for us as a young couple it wasn't really a pool area for us. This didn't matter at all to us though as we were out so often doing stuff anyway, and our patio with jaccuzzi was perfect for us. Was more chilled and private as well.
Only real problem I had was with ants. There seemed to be colony of them outside our door, they were going in and out of ground through hole at edge of path, and unfortunately ended up in our house by the front door. At one point they ended up on kitchen bunker and round about the bin. I phoned reception who were very friendly and sent someone to deal with it. When we returned home they had indeed been killed, although they had not been removed which was a bit disappointing, but not end of the world as I mopped them up myself. Found the odd ant or 2 at different points, but then I do realise that this is Florida and is tropical climate so wasn't too bothered. Ended up calling about them another time when there were quite a lot around floor inside the front door. Again, someone was sent very quickly to spray and kill them, this was near the end of our stay so didn't have to call again. I think if we had been staying longer I would have got irritated and wanted the hole to be dealt with for a more permanent solution. This was really the only complaint I have though, although I do agree with other reviews that the house could have done with deeper clean (the odd marks on walls, this kind of thing) more often than they seem to get. However we still found the house clean enough, if there had been anything concerning I would have said to reception, and I'm sure it would have been dealt with. Therefore, these have not affected my rating of the resort.
We were really delighted with the location of Encantada, much better than we were expecting. When traffic was good we got to Disney parks in 10 minutes, Universal 30 minutes, Wet and Wild 30 minutes. Busch Gardens is longer at about 1n hour and 15 mins away, but is really worth it for those of you who love rollercoasters, it has the most proper coasters out of all the parks.
Later in the mornings the traffic definitely got busier and added bit onto travel times, sometimes it was bad and sometimes not bad at all, but definitely quicker that bit earlier in mornings, e.g. before 930/10am. Think everyone is heading to parks later in the mornings, and locals agreed this tends to be what happens with traffic.
Encantada is just few minutes drive from lots of restaurants, many gift shops, and miniature golf. There are places all along the 192 (the main road Encantada is off of). We loved Red Lobster. We shared a lobster and steak, so yummy we went and had exact same twice! Wish we had them in UK! Almost all of the restaurants are chains, that's just the way it is over there, but there are some really nice ones. Others include Longhorn steakhouse and Bahama Breeze (right next to each other).
If you are going to Downtown Disney, which I highly recommend, then definitely eat at the Irish bar, can't remember exactly what it's called but you'll find it when you're there, food was delicious, it was recommended to us by a local taxi driver, and we also went twice.
There's a seven eleven at top of the road. There's a Publix supermarket few minutes drive but we didn't use this as it's meant to be more expensive and we just used Walmart, which is about 10 minutes drive away, it has everything and is cheap.
I would also highly recommend doing the medieval tournament and meal, was lovely food, good fun, something different and all round great night. Pick up leaflets and booklets from local restaurants etc for discounts on loads of activities, including the medieval tournament/meal. We got loads of discount leaflets/books from Golden Coral buffet, 5 mins drive away. The meal was ok here but not the best we had, still found stuff to eat though. The discount leaflets definitely came in handy.
Old Town is also a great little place to visit, it's about 10 minutes drive from Encantada. The local taxi driver also recommended it to us. There are lots of little quirky shops there to get good souvenirs and gifts at good prices, couple of small places to eat, a bar with live music, and the some of the best rides in all of Orlando! The Skycoaster is 300 foot high, you're strapped into a harness with 1 or 2 others, you're then lying down and hoisted up to the top of the pole, then you are dropped FREE FALL headfirst before swinging across the water like superman! It was absolutely terrifying but AMAZING! I love rides and rollercoasters and never get properly scared, but I def was on this! Totally worth it though, lol. Ride named Vomatron was also brilliant! We loved Disney and Universal, and there are some great rides there (particularly Universal for more thrill rides) but these 2 were def 2 of our favourites. There's lots of other smaller rides here as well.
We has such an amazing holiday, wish we were still there! Hope to be back soon and would definitely stay at Encantada again.

From Edinburgh

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
11  Thank Pam337
Laura S, General Manager at Encantada -The Official CLC World Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post your review, which contains lots of useful information for other visitors. We definitely want our guests to feel as if they are staying in a home from home, with all the benefits that brings, so I was delighted to see that you enjoyed your time with us. It’s always good to get feedback from our guests as it helps us to maintain our standards. We feel very privileged that our location puts us at the heart of so much that this area has to offer and it was good to see that you filled your time with so many activities - Old Town is great fun and the Skycoaster is very popular with intrepid souls! We look forward to welcoming you back!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,277)

Reviewed 22 July 2014

I'm really confused about the AWESOME reviews for Encantada Resort. Maybe it was just our villa that was filthy.The best thing about the villa was that it was close to the theme parks. However 8577 Bay Lilly Loop was really quite a disappointment. First of all it looked as if the baseboards in the villa had never been cleaned and things were rally dusty. The walls were more than scuffed up. This was supposed to be a "luxury" villa. It was very hot when we arrived. It was set to 80. We were told we could have the thermostat no lower than 74, so we set it there and it was still burning up in the villa. Also the floors looked/felt quite nasty. There were hairs all over the floor in the bathrooms as well as dirty sinks. The master bedroom sheets looked dirty and had lent rolls all over them, and the comforter actually had stains on it. The couch and kitchen chairs were stained as well. The toilet brushes in the bathroom all looked hideous, and the laminate flooring felt very dirty and greasy. The upstairs master bathroom barely flushed. We had to keep flushing. They charge a cleaning fee but it looks like the unit is rarely cleaned. Also the tv is the smallest in the master bedroom, while the two bedrooms with twin beds have larger tvs. My 2 children (ages 2 and 6) were sitting on the edge of the bed watching TV and the bed started to flip up (not safe). We called and complained about the cleanliness and the safety of the bed. We also called about how hot it was. A guy came to look at the bed and said there was nothing he could do that this was how the beds are made. We also told him that the pool was dirty and he said that was something for the pool guy to handle and that he would let the proper persons know. Nothing was ever done and the pool was never cleaned. We also informed him that the ceiling fan wasn't working correctly in the guest room. Nothing was done about that. The only thing he did about the heat was turned the thermostat to 71..which we were told we could not do. There was obviously problems with the AC b/c it was still too hot at 71. Also when the lady came to clean she was very nice, however she only changed the sheets and nothing was done about the nasty comforter. She did come and sweep and mop the upstairs floors for us, and we told her don't worry about the bottom floor since we would be in the house and had 2 small children. She said she would come back to fold the sheets after they dried, however she never came back. Also, we got a note on our door saying that pest control would be coming, which was fine since we would be at Disney World at the time. However, there were still tons of ants out by the pool (which was dirty). Definitely won't be staying at Encantada again unless we get a different house.

6  Thank Carlos T
Laura S, General Manager at Encantada -The Official CLC World Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

I was so sorry to see that your experience was so much at odds with that generally enjoyed by our guests at Encantada, many of whom kindly take the time to post very positive Trip Advisor reviews. CLC Encantada is a CLC World resort and many of the townhomes are managed by CLC, and set high standards for maintenance, cleanliness and customer care. However, there are in addition privately owned properties for which CLC World have no responsibility. We always encourage direct feedback from our visitors as it helps us to maintain our standards.

Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

Have visited this resort twice once in August 2012 & again in July 2013. On both occasions we were club la costa guests. We cannot rate this resort highly enough.. The accommodation on both occasions was 5 star in fact on the 2nd occasion the house we stayed in was brand new. Very clean, clubhouse good as was pool area. Th location of this resort is it's biggest attraction.. Just off 192 and 10 mins to Disney. Hope to be back soon! C&J Edinburgh uk

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank Marydollclaire
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Stayed at the Encantada Resort for two weeks in June and had a relaxing and enjoyable stay. Had a little difficulty finding the place in the dark as the 192 is dug up for roadworks where you turn for Secret Lake Drive and we missed the sign.
On arrival the evening reception staff were welcoming and efficient and we were opening the door of our two bed town house only minutes after arrival. The house was well designed, well appointed and decorated in a contemporary style. Bought the basics, milk etc from the 7/11 at the end of the road and were relaxing after a long days travel in the hot tub on the screened lanai within the hour. Bliss !
The house had a large double bed in the master bedroom, a small walk in closed with safe and an en suite shower room. The bed was very comfortable and the shower room small but more than adequate. In our home the other bedroom, also en suite, had two single beds.
The living space had a large dining table, sitting area with two sofas and coffee table and sliding patio doors to the screened back patio area. This outside space was very private and had two loungers as well as a table and chairs with sun umbrella for outside dining. All homes seemed to have a hot tub and many of the 3 bed houses had a small private pool.
Off the living area is a cloakroom/toilet and a large utility room with washer and dryer. The open plan kitchen was excellent with granite counter tops and quality appliances. It was well stocked but when I went to use the oven I found that there were no oven trays or a pot holder so could not bake or grill/broil. Spoke to the girls on reception in the morning and new trays etc were waiting in the house when we got back. Excellent service.
The homes are cleaned once a week and bed linen etc replaced. There were spare towels and linens in the house and with the washing machine it is easy to freshen things up as required. The standard of cleaning was excellent but there is obviously not time for the staff to do a deep clean and the base boards (skirting boards) were dusty, there were stains on some of the soft furnishings, marks on walls and the carpets in our house were in need of a clean.
The grounds are well kept and the planting is beautiful. The club house was much smaller than we expected and houses the bar/restaurant, reception, a sitting area, 4 computers and there is a small gym and games room. Outside there is a shallow children’s pool and a second larger pool. There were plenty of chairs and loungers though there was a shortage of umbrellas’ You can fish in the pretty lake round which many of the homes are built, there is a paved path for walkers and a good outside children’s play area by the pool.
The food in the club house was limited - pizza and toasted sandwiches rather than restaurant food but reasonably priced. Wifi is free in the club house and it was useful to be able to print boarding passes and search the web day trips and eating out. Tickets to all local attractions can be bought and arranged through the resort and I believe they can also fix transport.
Location wise Encantada is just off the 192 which is the main route for shops, restaurants, supermarkets etc. You can find everything you need within a short drive of the resort and it is well situated for Disney and most of the big attractions. The interstate is close by and you can do Tampa and the Gulf Coast or the Space coast in just over an hour and a half.
We found the place very friendly, the staff superb, the houses so much nicer than a hotel room and the location excellent.
Only negative factors I can think of are the deep cleaning points and that it would have been nice to have somewhere to shower and change before our night flight home as we had to be out of our house by midday.
For families or couples that want the privacy and flexibility of a home with excellent kitchen and laundry facilities Encantada should not disappoint.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Loanhead
Laura S, General Manager at Encantada -The Official CLC World Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We welcome feedback from our guests as it helps us to maintain our high standards and your comments have been noted. We aim to provide accommodation that provides home from home comforts so it’s nice to hear that you enjoyed your stay and enjoyed your hot tub! We do arrange showering facilities for guests to use on departure day but this is of course subject to accommodation availability, so please accept my apologies that on this occasion we were unable to do so.

Reviewed 17 July 2014

My family and I visited Florida July 2014 and stayed at Encantada. I will start by saying this was our first Disney experience and we were traveling with my husband a dialysis patient. This was his first travel experience since being diagnosed with kidney failure. He was tired and uncomfortable and needed to rest. We arrived in orlando at 830 and arrived at the condo at 1030 6 hrs before check in. This vacation was not off to a good start. If my husband takes ill we surely will have to return to ny. I went to speak to the clerk at that front desk her name was Diane. I explained my situation to Diane and she immediately sprung into action. Diane was on the phone checking on the cleaning of the unit and getting everyone into high gear to prepare it for early occupancy. It was at this time that my husband said he would like to eat so we ventured off to the golden coral for lunch. We returned back to the hotel in less than an hr and Diane had the unit ready. Her professionalism was unsurpassed. Upon arrival to our unit we found that our home away from home felt just like home. It was clean and well furnished. There was ample amount of flatware and dishes pots and pans. There was even starter cleaning supplies and coffee. There were plenty of linens and towels. The hot tub was amazing and even more so at night as our unit faced magic kingdom and we were in full view of the fireworks. We are already planning our 2015 trip which will be 10 days. We will be staying here at Encantada with Diane and her amazing team. Thanks Diane. Remember we were one your your favorites.

4  Thank Cynthia B
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Our stay at the resort was wonderful and the management was very nice and pleasant. The town home was spacious and set up nicely for visitor. Very clean through out the home. I would recommend this for large families or multiple families.

1  Thank Robert J
Reviewed 16 July 2014

We returned a couple of weeks ago from a fabulous 2 week stay at the Encantada resort, booked through British Airways holidays. The whole experience from the straight forward check in with friendly staff (helpful after 19 hours travelling) to check out was great. We stayed in a 2 bed townhouse with our toddler (2 and a half) and it was a great, flexible alternative to a hotel. The house was like a home away from home in terms of facilities, and a minor issue with a broken toaster was rectified within minutes. The house was clean and comfortable and peaceful after busy days in the theme parks. The resort is just off the 192 and feels very secure with security gates at the entrance. On rest days from parks we were able to relax at the communal pool (our house had a hot tub, rather than a small pool at the larger properties) and prepare our own meals in the well kitted out kitchen. There are plenty of restaurants, a Publix, Target, WalMart, Walgreens and walk-in medical centre (if needed) all within a 5-10 minute drive. The Disney resort is only 10-15 minutes drive away (depending on which park you are heading to) and Universal/Sea World all around 20 minutes drive away and the road network is easy to navigate. I would definitely recommend the Encatada as a great place for a trip to Disney/Universal etc. and I am sure we will visit again in the future.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank AJ1976
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kissimmee
Quality Suites The Royale Parc Suites
Regal Oaks - The Official CLC World Resort
Liki Tiki Village
Liki Tiki Village
#27 of 155 in Kissimmee

Been to Encantada -The Official CLC World Resort? Share your experiences!