“Nice resort - especially for a time share”

Holiday Inn Club Vacations At Orange Lake Resort
Ranked #19 of 154 Hotels in Kissimmee
Reviewed 12 August 2011

Nice resort. Huge property. Tons of pools and activities like mini-golf, water slide, etc. We stayed in a 3 bedroom 3 bath in the West Village. Huge unit with well equipped kitchen, laundry, etc. Great for family gathering. Inside unit, you could see a little wear and tear on the kitchen and bathroom, but very clean and nice furniture. Grounds were beautiful. Didn't try any of the restaurants. River Island complex is the newest and should be more up to date. Only complaint I can think of is that pools were very crowded -- might have had something to do with the 100+ temperature outside.

Room Tip: ask for newest building
2  Thank LandlockedNoVA
Write a ReviewReviews (6,072)

Reviewed 11 August 2011

We stayed at Orange Lake for a week and loved it. The room was great for my family with three kids and my parents as well. The pools were alot of fun. River Island was by far the best. Don't pay the $9 for a tube on the lazy river. Just wait for people to leave them and then snag one. The other pools are great as well. The food was so-so. The breakfast character buffet was fun but the dinner at River Island Grilling Company was terrible. The ribs were awful and the tried to pawn off another piece of steak as a filet and the manager even admitted to it. Trivia at Legacy was fun. The golf was fantastic and I would recommend visiting the McCord Golf Academy. Friendly staff, very knowledgable, good clinics.

• Stayed: August 2011
2  Thank Pack7671
Reviewed 11 August 2011

I visited the Orange Lake Resort while staying in Orlando for a Timshare presentation. I had NO intention of buying anyting - just wanted the Promo Buckks. I will tell you that the salesman was great - he was able to work with my budget and I left a happy owner. I 'm so glad I did - it has been one of the best investments I have ever made. WE have been back several times and the Orangel Lake Resort NEVER dissapoints. I have a 13 year old son and he is NEVER bored. I like that it is a gated community and I feel safe allowing him to "roam" without me. He likes that there is so much to do and the added sense of "liberty" LOL Basketball, tennis, miniature golf and oh yes the lovely LAZY RIVER! I have invited friends to stay thre many times and all have been very pleased!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank Amelia C
Reviewed 11 August 2011

This is a big resort with many sections. The newest section of the resort is called River Island. Tip- if you want to be by the lazy river , bars and resturant stay at this part. each section does offer something different . Overall I recomend this resort for price ,convenience, and room size.

2  Thank KevinFrog
Reviewed 11 August 2011

I am a seasoned travellor and have been to different timeshares all around. I was told this place was top of the line and it was one of the best resorts. Well I arrived on July 29 and was immediately pleased with my surrondings, when I got to the front desk I was also impressed. I got checked in by Tony and was pleased with how fast check in was. A little too fast I thougt at first but at that time I was bothered. I was informed about the coupon deal they try to sell you so you could go on the one day presentation. That came off as a bit pressuring. The gentleman who was informing my family and I about the presentation facial expression quickly changed when I stated I was unable to go to the presentation. The smile became to a face of disappointment. Persons come to this resort for a vacation not to be pressured into having coupons.

I was given my room number we were given a building that was closet to the exit as soon as I arrived to my villa building and walked to the elevators and i was immediately disappointed in the presentation. The elevators looks old and beat down they can be comparable to motel elevators. WHEN I GO ON MY FLOOR I WAS TAKEN BACK NY THE NAST FILLED GARBAGE BIN THAT WAS RIGHT NEXT TO THE ELEVATOR DOORS. ANDAS I APPROACHED MY ROOM THERE WAS A BIG SACK OF FILTHY LINENS SITTING UP OUTSIDE THE DOOR TO THE VILLA I WAS ASSIGNED TO. I went back to the front desk and explained to that I was not pleased by the surrondings of my room and I needed a new villa asap. Luckily I spoke to Olivia and she showed she was truly concerned and she changed our villa. We later ended up in the Tennis Villas which Olivia stated were newly renovated. The rooms are really beautiful the decor can be modernised but the room was nice. The surrondings were also ALOT better however, the elevators were still very dated and abused.
Another thing I didn't like was that I stayed at the resort for 7 days and not once did a housekeeper come in to bring fresh linens and towels. I have stayed at other timeshare resorts and atleast one day out of a week someone comes and brings new linens. Besides the fact that they never brought any linens housekeeping had the nerve to call me an hour before check out time to rush my family and I out of the room.

I don't care to come to stay at this resort again, I had too may bad experiences and tasteless events during this trip.

2  Thank G B
Reviewed 9 August 2011

Where to I begin? I purchased this resort back in 1984 and have watched grow each year! I purchased it with my x-husband before we even had our daughter. When our daughter was born she visited each year with us. She is now 26 years old and continues to enjoy this resort even as an adult. Who knows one day we may even bring my grandchild there! Its a top notch resort and I wouldnt stay anywhere else in Florida. I went through being a newleywed here to being a single parent, to sharing it with my daughter now as an adult with her friends and mine. It it perfect for every stage in your life. Plenty to do for all! Great Job Orange Lake hope to spend many more vacations there.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with friends
3  Thank mbarsotti
Reviewed 8 August 2011

I absolutely love this resort! There's always tons to do for families-golf, putt-putt, fishing, waterpark, lazy river, kid's fun area...and more! We've stayed in the 1 bedroom studio & the 2 bedroom villa and both times, the accommodations were very comfortable, spacious, clean and nice. The studio is more modern & fashionable while the villa had more of a "beachy" feel.

The restaurants onsite are very affordable & tasty. Prices are similar to Applebee's but taste alot better!

Some people complain about the "pressure" of the time share aspect but we just said no thanks at check-in and were not bothered again.

This resort is one of my all time favorite vacation spots & I recommend it to everyone. We always have a great time. If you are planning on going to Disney or Universal, I would especially recommend it as it's only about a 15-20 minute drive away but alot less expensive than the typical "Disney" resorts. Well worth the money! I can't wait to go back next year!

• Stayed: April 2011