Holiday Inn Club Vacations At Orange Lake Resort
Very Good 4/5
Grand Palms(Kissimmee)
Good 3.5/5
Great 4.5/5
The Grove Resort & Spa Orlando(Orlando)
  • Pool
6,264 results
All reviewsriver islandeast villagelazy rivertime sharehippo slidesplash lagoonvillage poolmini golfsales pitchbedroom villatimeshare presentationputt puttrci exchangefull kitchentimeshare tourparking passwater slides
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 May 2013

This is our second time staying at this property. Once again, we rented a 2 BR Villa which is very spacious, clean and has all the amenities that we needed for a comfortable stay. We stayed a total of nine nights and did not want to come home. From the balcony at our East Village Villa, we saw the fireworks from Disney every evening. Directly outside of the resort, we had the convenience of shopping at Publix, Target and Walgreens. If you are looking for clean rooms, beautiful pools with a lazy river and excellent golf within minutes of Disney, then don't hesitate in booking this resort. We are looking forward to coming back again next year.

Room Tip: If you want your kids to have instant access to the pools, then book your stay in River Island.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PJCMD
Reviewed 3 May 2013 via mobile

Its was our best vacation ever. Your resort was exceptional, the experience was out of this world. The rooms were so bug for my twins(6 years) lots of room for them to play. The enclosed balcony was fastastic.
Not happy about the 4 hrs we spent with the sales agent. Overall experience was superb.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank bissod
Reviewed 2 May 2013

We were very impressed when we checked into our 2 bdrm villa in west village area. Very spacious, beds nice and comfy, everything decorated nicely. We felt right at home. Only problem was apparently at check in they charged a $250 deposit to my debit card with NO warning. Not when I made the reservation nor when I was checking in. I had no clue till I was buying groceries at Target at 9pm and my card was declined. When I called the hotel the girl I spoke to would not transfer me to a manager and said there was nothing they could do PERIOD. My husbands check wasn't being deposited till Friday and here it was Wednesday and she was telling me basically tough that we were now stranded with no funds because of this unknown deposit and even said to me well it's in the packet we give you with your hotel keys...oh the one AFTER you've charged my cc and I've walked away? Ok. By the time I got to the front desk needless to say I was livid. The manager came to see me right away and had a totally different tune than the girl on the phone. He was very understanding and said he would have the AM mgr call my bank 1st thing and have my funds released and was even double checking to make sure my family had food for the night and morning. Anyone who travels especially with 3 small children knows that every dollar counts on these trips so $250 is a BIG deal that most definitely needs to be communicated upon MAKING the reservation. Other than that we did have some sugar type ants on the kitchen counter that they came and took care of. Overall we would stay here again when traveling with the kids. We have been pleased with the villa itself and have only been asked about a timeshare once. My poor rating on service was for the rude, unconcerned, non compassionate girl I spoke to on the phone when I was in the middle of the zero $$ crisis.

Room Tip: West villa was nice and quiet
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Erica V
Ashley U, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations At Orange Lake Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2013

Hello and thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We are happy to hear that you and your family enjoyed your villa and the amenities around the resort. We are disappointed to learn of the issues that you encountered during your stay with us. It is true that like almost all Orlando and US Hotels, we hold a security deposit for incidentals incurred during your stay. Unlike many Orlando hotels, our deposit is significantly less; as some properties in the area charge up to $1,000. We apologize if you felt that this policy was not communicated to you effectively at the time of your booking or check-in. We appreciate you bringing your needs to our attention, and we apologize that the first employee you reached out to did not treat your needs with the care and concern that our guests have come to expect from us. We thank you again for your review, and we hope to see you again soon for another vacation.

Reviewed 2 May 2013

We stayed in a two bedroom villa - very spacious and had alot of extra amenities such as laundry soap, dishwashing detergent, lotions, etc. I was very happy with the size of the villa, and it was nice and clean. This property is HUGE and has plenty to do. We only stayed 4 nights and spent most of our times at the parks, but the water park area with the lazy river is GREAT! We almost bought a ticket to a water park, but then we saw the area the resort had and realized it had everything we needed. It was also very close to Magic Kingdom and the other disney parks. My only gripe is that the check in process was a bit lengthy, but overall we were extremely pleased with this property.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank luzpaz
Ashley U, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations At Orange Lake Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2013

Greetings, it’s so great to hear from you about your recent stay with us. It’s always great to learn from our guests about how they spent their time with us, and it’s so important to get exactly what you are looking for in a getaway. We are happy to have been able to play home-base for your Disney vacation. Thank you for sharing your experience with us and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 2 May 2013 via mobile

We stayed in River Island in a 2 bedroom villa, it was so nice! So much more then we expected!! 2 queen size beds in second bedroom and king in master and so cozy and comfortable!! There is also a jacuzzi tub in master bath!! Full kitchen and washer and dryer! :-) Check in was simple and fast, within 15 minutes. They offer discounts on your stay if you attend a one hour tour, that I preferred not to do because we already had our weekend planned out and Disney tickets in hand. Once settled in our room we put on our swim suits and headed downstairs behind the building where all the fun is!!! Lazy river, slides, pools, volleyball, restaurants, playground, putt putt golf.... So much to do!! You do have to pay extra for floats for the pool, hippo slide and putt putt golf, but its worth it!!! We also drove to one of the other villages the next day to enjoy their splash lagoon and kiddie pool. We were so pleased with our stay there, our 7 year old loved it more then staying at Disneys value resorts!! Lol We will be back for sure!!!! Ignore the negative comments!! Your whole family will enjoy it!!!

• Stayed: April 2013

Hi there and welcome home from your recent stay with us. We always love hearing from our guests about how they were able to spend their time with us. It sounds like you and your family gave yourselves the time you deserve to relax and enjoy the amenities in and around the resort. Thank you for sharing your vacation pictures, and we look forward to seeing you again soon for more vacation fun!