The staff were helpful and although I read horror stories on this site about time share pressures that was not my experience. A person did call to offer better prices on Disney tickets (and the prices were indeed better) But when the mentioned attending a presentation I declined and indicated there was no way I was going to sit through a "presentation". She asked if there was any way I would change my mind and when I said no she asked me to call a number if I did. That was the end of it. (if it hadn't been I would have just hung up anyway).
The resort was nice the pool and lazy river was great! Unfortunately the weather didn't cooperate the first two days there.
If you plan on going to the attractions I would strongly recommend getting a rental car. The resort is massive, there are shuttles for on the resort though. But a cab to the magic kingdom cost us $40 each way from the airport was $80.
When our flight arrived the shuttle driver was just leaving and his van was full he told us a cab was about the same price anyway. (no idea what the shuttle would actually cost as we didn't bother to check after the driver said that.)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- When you step into your Florida vacation rental, you’ll know you’ve found your new vacation home! Our family friendly resort is right next door to the Walt Disney World® Resort and nearby many Orlando attractions. Enjoy spacious hotel-suite/condo-style studios, and 1, 2, and 3 bedroom villas from 430 to 2,475 square feet complete with living room and washer/dryer. Studio washer/dryers are located on each floor. Save money by preparing great family meals in your kitchen which includes tableware and cookware. Upgrade from the ordinary with a luxurious Signature Collection two-bedroom villa in River Island. Wi-Fi, parking, and an internal resort shuttle are free to all guests! Our sprawling resort near Disney is a perfect alternative to Orlando area hotels. We have so much more to offer! You’ll love our 9 different dining options, 7 pools- including waterslides and a lazy river, 4 golf courses, 3 arcades, 3 fitness centers, 2 mini golf courses, daily activities, and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Southall Travel, IHG, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Club Vacations At Orange Lake Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Kissimmee
- Orange Lake Resort And Country Club
- Orange Lake Kissimmee
- Orange Lake Resort Country Club
- Kissimmee Holiday Inn
- Orange Lake Country Club
- Orange Lakes West Village
- Orange Lake Resort Florida
- Orange Lake West Village
- Orange Lake Resort Orlando