Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Holiday Inn Club Vacations At Orange Lake Resort
Ranked #17 of 153 Hotels in Kissimmee
Greater Manchester, United Kingdom
“Great again”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2013

I stayed for a vacation mid 2013 with family, and and when the ocassion came to visit the area for business , myself and 3 colleagues booked at Orange. This time we stayed in the mian reception building.

We had 2 apartments and both were superb, clean , new bedding and everthing shone. The facilities were all close by and the staff couldn't had been more helpful.We had a car, but only really used it for work (and a tour to show the resort)

Room Tip: Not had a poor room yet !
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Birmingham123456
Brandon B, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations At Orange Lake Resort, responded to this review, 15 November 2013
Hello! Welcome home and thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. It’s so great to see that you chose us for a repeat visit. Nothing makes us happier than to hear that the amenities, cleanliness, and service met your expectations. We look forward to you next visit to us to experience another vacation of fun!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,367)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Fireball92771
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2013

My husand and I stayed at this resort for a week in Mid September. We brought another couple with us as our guests. The two bedroom condo - rented with RCI points - was a very nice unit. According to one member of the staff we stayed in the oldest building on the property...let me tell ya, it was marvelous. If all the condos were as nice as ours, a person who isn't happy here probably wouldn't be happy in a mansion in Malibu.

We didn't use any of the aminities/activities of the resort. We had our activities planned upon arrival and there just wasn't time to spend at the resort. We were able to sit on our screened in balcony each night and watch the fireworks at two of the Disney Parks. That was a great perk... we all looked forward to it. In fact on our drive home we stopped at a Hampton Inn and the lady traveling with us told the hotel staff that she couldn't wait for the 9:30 fireworks. :) It was just one of those moment you would have to see for yourself.

The only downer for this resort, as with any timeshare organization, was the sales pitch. They didn't leave any room for refusal when it came to seeing the presentation. Luckily, our salesman only talked with people who already owned timeshares...so it wasn't the normal sales pitch...you know, the greatest deal in the world and it is only good today! Although it took a couple of hours, it was quite painless.

The resort is in a good location...close to restaurants, and shopping. There is a Walgreen at the main road in front of the resort. It is also close to most of the adventure parks and a few airboat rides. I would absolutely stay at this resort again...but this time I'd refuse...flatly refuse to listen to the sales pitch....once you spend two hours listening to the spill, it pretty much ruins the day.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Hello there and thank you for taking time to post about your recent stay. First off, we’re glad you took advantage of our partnership with RCI to book at our property. We take great pride in our accommodations and are so happy to hear you enjoyed the quality and comfort they offer. We do apologize for the pressure you felt from our sales team and want to emphasize that the tour offered is voluntary; they simply want to offer a better way to vacation for all guests. We look forward to your next visit with us to take part in all the fun amenities and resort activities we have on site!
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2013

First of all I was very sceptical after reading all the up and down reviews, but I have to say this place turned out to be great and very convenient to everything.

Check in experience: Very quick friendly and yes I had to go get the sell of the resort tour to get discounts on pool, parks, etc, but told the lady I was not interested and didn't have time and she didn't ask again. I am actually glad I didn't do the tour for the discounts because the pool and slide were closed and we didn't have time since we were at parks all day so it was a good decision on my part. Now, if you are there a week and want some down time at the pool than maybe it's worth it, but I was still turned off that we have to pay to use the pool facilities when every other hotel/resort in the area it's free! So take your pick.

For a newer updated and clean spacious 2 bedroom condo, I highly recommend to book at the River Island Water Park area. Request a higher level and if you want to view fireworks ask to not face the pool. We were on 7th floor and fireworks from Disney were great every night. This area was updated with new carpets and flat screen tvs and I didn't see an insect ever. When we arrived, my husband turned on the tv and it was very fuzzy, we called down to guest services and someone replaced it very quickly and was extremely friendly. The rooms were clean and the place was bigger than I thought is would be but perfect for a smaller famliy of 4-5.

Convenient location: This resort is massive, but we used the other exit to the resort since we were in River Island side and it was much quicker to get out. Publix, Target and all restaurants are right there. We ordered at Riverside Grill on the resort and had it delivered and it was very good, jerk chicken was excellent and the dessert for our son was great! This is also convenient to Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom and Sea World, we got to all three parks within 10-20 min give or take. Granted, staying at a disney resort is more convenient, but you can't beat the cost of this resort and proximity to the parks.

Overall, great time, wonderful service and clean/spaciaous condo was just what we needed!! Hope your trip is just a good and fun as ours was:) Also, check out pics I took of place.

Check

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Hi there, welcome back home from your vacation with us and thank you for your detailed review. It sounds like your experience was a pleasant one, and we couldn't be happier. We want to apologize if there was confusion about our on-site pool facilities. The amenities such as floats and toys do come at a nominal fee but the facilities themselves are always free of charge. It’s good to hear that you enjoyed our convenient location to area restaurants, shopping, and resort attractions. We look forward to a visit from you again to share some more fun with us!
Gainesville, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2013

I stayed here with my family over a weekend in October to go over to Disney and kind of a belated birthday celebration to me. The resort is massive and looks like any other golf resort in Florida. I usually do not write bad reviews, so I will at least start off with the positives. The staff was very freindly and attentive to all of our needs, We truly appreciated that, and just want to make a comment that the poor review has nothing to do with the staff whatsoever. The room itself is very spacious and does offer a good size kitchen for famlies who need to use them (my family did not use it though). Now the serious issue with my room was the bugs. If it was one bug I dont think it would be that big of a deal, but there were multiple bugs. I did tell an employee though when we checked out about the problem, so hopefully the issue has been fixed. The room we stayed at was in the main building overlooking the lobby area. We had to move rooms once because at first we got a one king room, but they quickly helped us change that to a two bed room. Since we already moved once, and the only reason we were in the room was to sleep, we decided not to change rooms again. Now I can't really talk about the pools, golf, or restaurants on property since we did not use them, so my review is purely on the room. I also have to stay that one of my friends stayed there the same weekend I did, and she got a three bedroom villa in some other building and said that she reallly enjoyed her room and stay. My suggestion would then be to not have a room in the main check in building. Another note for travelers staying here is that this resort is huge, and you definetly need a car.

Room Tip: Do not stay in the check-in building
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank BrowardGator
Grand Rapids, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2013

We stayed at Orange Lake Resort from October 31 - November 7, 2013. We weren't sure what to expect because of some of the negative reviews, but were pleasantly surprised. The resort is HUGE! We stayed in a three bedroom three bath condo in the East Village in the building furthest away from the main entrance and would ask for the River Island building or the West Village next time because the buildings are closer to the activities, but the condo and all of the amenities were very nice. The lazy river, HIPPO slide, and mini golf kept our large group of all ages entertained throughout the week. We ate at Breeze's and River Island Grille, both were very good. The grounds of the resort are beautiful and the resort is close to Disney and many stores and restaurants. Great place to stay, we will stay here again in the future.

Room Tip: East Village is quiet but furthest away from the main entrance. River Island Building or West Villa...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
lincolnshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2013

We are owners at orange lake riverside and love coming here every year. The key is to run as soon as you check in to avoid the sales pitch (it is hard sell here!!) and unplug the phone once in your Villa. Once this is done you can relax. Our villas have always been great, river island pool complex very good and we love the location. Although it is a cashless resort, if you don't want to add the charge to your room then just pay by credit or debit card. I prefer the cashless resort system to be perfectly honest.
I cannot comment on any of the restaurants as we make full use of the kitchen. There is Publix at the end of the road, and a few good restaurants off site not too far from the complex - however you will need a car. There is a shuttle-bus service run, however it is expensive. Disney is right on your door step and Universal a 15-20 mins drive away.This place is a great base for a Florida holiday. If you don't like timeshare properties then this probably is not the place for you, however for anyone else give this place a try.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank andiLincolnshire
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2013 via mobile

My Mum and my sister and I came and stayed at the River Island section of Orange Lake Resort and we loved it... The room was amazing and huge... 2 separate bedrooms one with a king bed and one with 2 Queens. Full kitchen 2 en suite bathrooms and a private screened in terrace.... Absolutely amazing room.... The grounds are very nice and they have fun activities... October/November is a great time to go as it is the quiet season and we had no lineups at Disney which is only 10 min away... The only thing that irked me was the 9$ per day tube rental fee at the resorts lazy river and very overpriced food and drinks.... Bingo by the pool was fun and the balloon makers at breakfast were amazing. All in all it was an amazing price I just thought some things were very overpriced.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Jennthesailor
Ashley U, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations At Orange Lake Resort, responded to this review, 13 November 2013
Welcome home from your recent stay with us, we’re so happy to hear from you. We’re so happy to have been able to play home-base to your Orlando attractions vacation, and that you were able to allow yourself the time you deserve to enjoy the amenities around the resort as well. We apologize if you felt that the more premium amenities around the resort such as lazy river tubes and miniature golf. However, we hope that you were able to enjoy so many of the complimentary amenities around the resort as well. We hope to see you again soon for more family vacation fun.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kissimmee
Embassy Suites by Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista South
#13 of 153 in Kissimmee
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,526 reviews
Quality Suites Royale Parc Suites
Sheraton Vistana Resort - Lake Buena Vista

Been to Holiday Inn Club Vacations At Orange Lake Resort? Share your experiences!