Holiday Inn Club Vacations At Orange Lake Resort
Galleria Palms Hotel(Kissimmee)(Great Value!)
US$119
US$109
Comfort Inn Maingate(Kissimmee)(Great Value!)
US$96
Destiny Palms Hotel Maingate West(Kissimmee)(Great Value!)
US$78
Comfort Suites Maingate East(Kissimmee)(Great Value!)
US$125
Quality Suites The Royale Parc Suites(Kissimmee)(Great Value!)
US$144
US$287
US$263
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Liki Tiki Village(Kissimmee)(Great Value!)
US$144
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
Star Island Resort and Club(Kissimmee)(Great Value!)
US$105
US$629
Cancelon
6,282 results
All reviewsriver islandeast villagelazy rivertime sharehippo slidesplash lagoonvillage poolmini golfsales pitchbedroom villatimeshare presentationputt puttrci exchangefull kitchentimeshare tourparking passwater slides
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 November 2013

We have been owners for 6 years so are familiar with this resort. To anyone thinking of staying for the first time be aware that timeshare selling goes on here in a vigorous and persistent manner. Once that aspect has been avoided it is a good place to stay in our experience. This time we stayed in North Village - Villa 3645, which was spacious, clean and well equipped. There was a downside in that there was noise from the highway nearby and also the golf course floodlight close to our verandah made a loud, continuous buzzing sound which was extremely intrusive and irritating. For these reasons we would not stay in this particular villa again.
The pools and garden areas are very well maintained. We favoured the Splash Lagoon for swimming and sunbathing as it is the only pool which does not have piped music. River Island and the West Village pools tend to be busier and are used more by family groups. The restaurant at Splash Lagoon has improved in service and quality in our opinion and we hope this trend continues. Danielle behind the bar is a star with the cocktails and advice. Check in was quick and efficient on arrival but you need to have your wits about you when you get corralled over to the 2nd desk for your "education"

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank FinesseFanatic
Brandon B, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations At Orange Lake Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2013

Hello and we appreciate you taking time to share your experience with us. We thank you for being an owner and gave us another return visit. It’s great to hear that you enjoyed your overall stay with us and were satisfied with the service provided, something that is very important to us. We look forward to your next visit with us to provide another exciting and fun-filled vacation for you and your family.

Reviewed 20 November 2013

Hi
I see 208 terrible reviews for this hotel. it explains everything, i have booked from Nov-14 and planned to visit the 4 Disney theme parks with my family for the first time.
While we checked in the stuff was very smiling and kindly convinced us to come to 90 Min tour in the next morning at 08:00 PM, we was very exhausted after the flight . They also promised us to buy the ticket for the Disney theme park cheaper in their office. They charged my room for$ 50 conditionally, in case that would absent from the 90 Min tour .On the next day after the 90 Min tour that we didn't planned to spend during the vacation, The sale man try to convince us to own the Holiday Inn club vacation package for about $ 60,000 , kindly we rejected the offer and ask to porches the Disney theme park tickets .Who sale us the tickets promised that the tickets are 4 days Disney parks + water park or Disney quest .
Today after I used the ticked for 3 parks already we went to the Animal kingdom park, we paid the Disney parking and when we tried to get in the Disney gates the ticket scanner shows that we are not entitled for the 4th time park , the ticked is only for 3 days . The Disney stuff were very kind and explain us that the tickets which been sold us are for 3 days theme parks only.
I and my family were very disappointed, I felled cheated. We went back to the gift center in Holliday inn club and try to explain what happen , but they said there is nothing they can do ,
From my perspective I sorry for the moment I agreed to take the 90 min tour , and the hotel is responsible to what happened .
I will never visits this hotel again .

6  Thank bil_Nov_2013

Greetings, thank you for your time in sharing your experience with us. We are deeply disappointed to hear that your stay with us did not meet your expectations. Our sales tours are given to allow guests to see a better and more flexible way to vacation through vacation ownership in the Club. All tours are completely voluntary and deposits are taken to ensure tours are at full capacity when given, and refunded when the tour is completed. We’re sorry to hear that you were unable to find an option that best fit your lifestyle. We also apologize for any confusion regarding the number of days you purchased towards theme park admission tickets. In an attempt to learn more about your concerns and situation, we have contacted you directly through private message. Thank you again for your time and hope to have a visit from you and your family in the future. We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Reviewed 19 November 2013

I've reviewed Orange Lake previously and have been going there for 25 years, not quite annually but almost. There are some things that they have done an amazing job on and others that they are really let go down hill. I'm going to write a lengthy review to try to give you as many tips as possible. My parents have been owners at Orange Lake for almost 30 years, you would think that this would mean something there but it really doesn't. Also, since Holiday Inn Vacations took over they've really let it go down hill as far as service and rooms go. See below for the details.

Rooms
The first thing you need to know are the different areas of the resort there's West, North, East and River Island.
West is the oldest and is close to the main entrance, main pool and lobby. Most of the rooms have been redone with new granite countertops, kitchens, etc. They can either be in a highrise or a one level condo but are still the same layout. All of outside entrances. The layout of these models aren't my favorite but are the best value for being updated.
North-North side was built next and was my favorite. I feel it's the best location right in the middle of the resort, with it's own pool area as well as the 2 level condos. I used to love this area but they've really let it go downhill. They haven't updated the kitchens in over 15 years (we asked) and they are in extreme disrepair (pictures attached). They are honestly gross. Formica cabinets that are crumbling, dirty, really bad. I would avoid this area until kitchens have been redone.
River Island-This is the newest area right at the largest pool area, river island. These are very nice although a little more expensive the actual units are very nice, granite, new appliances, etc. That being said these are inside entrances more like a hotel which I do not like. Also, make sure you are on the pool side or in a high level if not your porch will literally be in the parking lot and it's a busy one!
East-East was built about the same time as river island although not as nice inside (more like north except not as run down) they are fairly far away from everything but if you like peace and quiet this is a great place.
In addition to the condition of the rooms being poor the cleaning of them was also quite poor. I was there Nov 2013 as well as Feb 2013 both times it was dirty. When we got there, there were dead bugs, empty beer cans in the bushes outside, empty cigarette carton and water bottles outside the porch. It just wasn't that clean and we found the same thing last time we were there. I complained and they fixed it but it's been like that the last 3 times we've been so I'm not sure their making a huge effort to keep the rooms very clean.

Buying a Unit
As I said above my parents have owned for years and over the years have continued to purchase points. That being said they will hound you relentlessly to buy. It starts right when you get there by offering you a $20 resort credit to sit through something. If you don't want to sit through anything they'll ask you to validate it right after you check in just say no and they'll pretty much leave you alone. You can also have them put a block on your phone for solication calls and they won't call. If you DO want to sit though a presentation either to buy or to get free stuff, hold out for more then $20 the longer you wait the more they'll offer you.

Facilities
This is the BEST thing about this property. I have 2 children ages 19 months and 4 years and this place is so great for them. Amazing pools and so many to choose from. The pools are well maintained and really amazing. It's funny that they do such a great job on the facilities but not as well on the units. They have amazing restaurants all that will deliver to your unit. I really enjoy the restaurants surprisingly so but I highly recommend. They also have 4 golf courses from very high end for the avid golfer to lighted par 3 for kids and beginners. Everyday their are activites for adults and kids of all ages. We've only done a few but have been happy with what we've done. They have 3 game rooms, tennis, basketball courts, beach, lake, etc. The list goes on the facilities are really amazing. They also have a shuttle bus that goes around the property as it is quite large don't plan on walking from one end to the other. With small children the shuttle bus doesn't work for us we just drive which is no big deal. The pools can get a little busy but I've never had trouble finding a chair which is nice.

The location of Orange Lake can not be beat it's the closest non Disney owned property to Disney literally 10 min and close to tons of restaurants. I will continue to go back to Orange Lake because I really like the facilities but I have to be honest I'm a little nervous to recommend to friends just due to the condition and cleanliness of the units. I really feel they've let some of them fall into disrepair.

Lastly the service can be real hit or miss. We had good service at the restaurants but our conversations with management were not very good. We had many issues with our units (wrong place, etc). When we tried to reslolve this with management it took HOURS and once it was over we didn't get correct rooms and on top of that they offered us 3 day tube rental to make up for it. Really? a 3 day tube rental we had 3 famiilies staying in, incorrect rooms. We went back several days to complain and ended up getting a little bit more but not much. I was upset by this due to the fact that my parents have been owners for almost 30 years, we called several times to make sure we had the correct rooms and spoke with several different people and went though hours in the management office. By that time we just had to let it go and enjoy our vacation.

Attached are pictures of or North Village unit, we had 3 units two 2 bedrooms and one 3 bedroom and all were in the same state of disrepair

Room Tip: “North and East have the same layout. River Island and West have similar layouts. I prefer the layout in North and East but the condition and in room amenities in River Island and West are updated and nicer. River Island has indoor entry like a hotel whereas the rest have outdoor entry more like a townhome or condo
4  Thank Jada M

Hello there, Jada, and thanks for taking your time to share your experience so thoroughly. Firstly, we thank you and your parents for being loyal to our property through the 25 years, we appreciate it very much. We are so glad that you found our facility to live up to your standards and enjoyed all of the activities and options we offered on-site. We are disappointed though to hear that your accommodations did not meet the mark of quality that we strive to offer. Throughout our four unique villages, we have a rotating schedule for renovation so that our guests can have the same quality within their villas and resort experience. We also apologize for the lapses in service that you encountered on site, please be sure that this will be addressed with the appropriate teams as service is something very important to us. We again hope to see you on a future visit to show you how fun vacationing with us can be.

Reviewed 18 November 2013

I have owned a unit at this resort for around 17 plus years. The place has grown since we bought our unit in the tower next to check in. The golfing is awesome, the restaurants good and plenty of activities to do on property.

Having said that when we bought they were exclusively associated with RCI then later they changed the resort to a points system and the name from Orange Lake Country Club and Resort to it's current name Holiday Inn Club Vacations Orlando - Orange Lake Resort. Not a fan of buying something 17 years ago and to be able to buy the same unit for the same price. No increase in value at all.

The place has gotten very big which is not always a good thing. Loses some of its' charm. Having said that the rooms are constantly being updated. The rooms are spacious and beautifully decorated.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Charles1019
Brandon B, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations At Orange Lake Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2013

Hello Charles and thank you for your time and review. We are so glad to be your home resort and appreciate you sharing your feedback. We’re glad to know that you consider the amenities and activities to do on property to help your overall vacation experience. In addition to the change of name, Holiday Inn Club Vacations is proud to offer new and exciting opportunities to allow maximum flexibility in vacation ownership. We look forward to your next stay with us and thank you again for being an owner.

Reviewed 16 November 2013

I read the mixed reviews as well but my room had been booked well in advance and was locked in so with alot of anxiety we headed forward to our vacation..PROS...It was close to the attractions...THAT WAS IT! We took the other visitors advice..say no to the sales people and unplug the phones asap upon entering the room and bought our groceries at Target...Now the cons. We had to get a 3 bdrm which are NOT remodeled. I felt like we were in a bad sit com...Miami Vice to be exact. Old,dirty, and dated. None of the pictures on here are of the rooms we had. I will post pics soon but the sofas all had stains and sagging. The pull out beds were also stained and the mattresses were so thin it was unbelievable. There were dirty child sized hand prints on everything..Doors,tvs,walls,etc.Our kitchenette was infested with ants. I bought spray at Target instead of dealing w trying to get staff up there...I saturated the walls and counter at least 3 different days and they were still there.Pans were in terrible shape and the ice maker was not working properly. The entertainment was like watching the wedding singer..over and over..kids activities were non existent and if you didn't have a car then you had to hike to the pools. I felt bad for families with strollers and diaper bags hiking down the walkways.Would I stay there again? No way. Even if they comped me. Getting a good room is like gambling. 50/50 chance.

5  Thank dazzlingdiamond
Brandon B, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations At Orange Lake Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2013

Hello there and thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience. We are glad that you chose to stay with us on your recent trip to Orlando. Although we are happy to hear you liked the proximity of the resort to area attractions, we are disheartened to hear that you experienced some inconveniences during your stay. Quality accommodations, attention to detail, and providing fun activities are things we take very seriously so it’s disappointing that we didn't meet those expectations. We’re all about providing a relaxing vacation experience and encourage all guests to help us in getting them comfortable so their fun can begin. In an attempt to find out more about your specific situation and concerns, we have contacted you through private message. Thank you very much again for your candid feedback and we hope to have an opportunity to welcome you back. We look forward to hearing from you soon.