“Best resort ever”

Ranked #20 of 152 Hotels in Kissimmee
North Las Vegas, Nevada
“Best resort ever”
Reviewed 26 November 2013

We have been staying at this resort since 1988. The property has improved every year and has so many amenities that even if you never left your family will have a great vacation. There are pools that will thrill any age child. The lazy river is our favorite. Units range from one to four bedrooms and include full kitchen, washer. & dryer and tv in lining room and bedrooms. All utensils, cookware and dishes are provided. On site restaurants, close supermarkets, tennis and basketball courts add even more value. For golf ears there are multiple courses for the beginner to the seasoned player.

Room Tip: All locations have free wifi and all villages have about the same accommodations. You will not be di...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Brandon B, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations At Orange Lake Resort, responded to this review, 27 November 2013
Hello Emmy! Thanks for taking time to tell us about your experience. It’s great to hear from our guests, especially those who have stayed with us as we've grown over the years. We offer a resort experience that, as you mentioned, gives our guests a wide variety of amenities to help them relax and enjoy their vacation. We’re so glad that you continue to enjoy them too. We hope to see you again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,422)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Calgary
Reviewed 25 November 2013

We stayed here for our week long Disney trip and it was fantastic. We had a 2 bedroom suite with full kitchen and it was very clean and updated. No maid service the entire week unless you spent an additional $70/day for clean towels which I thought was ridiculous, we had our own washer and dryer, they didn't even take the garbage out, but everything else was perfect,location is approx. 10 mins drive to the parks, 15 to Universal or SeaWorld and plenty of shopping and restaurants. Gated community so you have to show your pass to get in, first thing I did when we got to our room was unplug our phones in the rooms, they do hound you very bad here about time shares so we just never answered the calls haha. Would definatly stay again here,

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Brandon B, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations At Orange Lake Resort, responded to this review, 26 November 2013
Hello! Welcome back from your recent stay with us. We appreciate your feedback and are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. The only thing that would be better would be to see you again in the future. Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience.
Reviewed 24 November 2013 via mobile

I have owned here for 12 years now and still love this place we have 2 weeks every October but normally go every other year due to the wife spending so much money in the shopping malls lol. We own in east village and have great views across the golf course and can sit and watch the fireworks from our enclosed in balcony on the 3rd floor at night. Yes the time share sales meeting drags on and although you get discounts I have not been to it on my last 2 visits in fairness it just winds me up and ruins my day so I no longer go. People moan about the laundry as I said this is timeshare you clean up make you're beds yourselves that is the reason you get apartments with cookers and fridges in it is like home from home if you want to not do this then don't go to a timeshare place simple !!! The pools and grounds are great loads to do day and night we love playing golf here. You have great supermarkets down the road and restaurants so if you want to keep spending down and save a few inches on you're waistline then eat in a few nights. So all in all this is a great place just don't expect hotel services and remember this is Orlando there will be bugs about you're living on swampland as long as you don't get a gator in you're room then stop whinging

Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Grimbo89
Hello there! Thank you for sharing your experience with us and we’re so glad to have you as an owner. You have given a great comprehensive summary your experience and we’re so glad that the resort continues to live up to expectations. Although not a traditional hotel experience, we strive to offer excellent service and many on-site amenities. Also, as you mentioned, our resort’s location is in close proximity to many places that help make our guests’ stay fun and stress-free, such as many attractions, supermarkets, and shopping. We look forward to your next visit with us!
Norwood, Massachusetts
Reviewed 23 November 2013

We had a terrible experience at orange lake Florida. From the moment we got there until the moment we left. It was so terrible it is even hard to explain. We don't even talk about our trip. Thousands of dollars and we speak not a word of it. We arrived and it was difficult finding a villa. I had asked for an upgrade to river island many times and was told I could do that at check in with a fee. I tried at check in and was denied. Then they only had a few other options. The villa they put me in had so many spinels we lost an entire day at Disney. We had maintenance in our room most of the time. My mother spent most of the trip crying. Everything was broken or went wrong, the air conditioner, the toilet seat, the toaster, the stove the list goes on. I called several times and no one would help. One woman even said she couldn't understand my problem because the issues were "minor" and "fixable". She was rude and insensitive. My two year old was almost lost in floridly because the security lock on the door was broken and he got out of the room. Luckily we found him on the floor below. Could you imagine! They sent people to fix it and after two tries and two hours of people in and out. The first fix resulted in us not even being able to close the door! There was mold in the bathrooms. I took pictures. My son woke up in bites several mornings. I also have pictures of the awful bites. The master bathroom sink was broken and we didn't even bother to ask for it to be fixed. They offered us a tour in another room but it was identical and we were so afraid to move everything and then have the same issues. My mother looked out over filthy dumpsters the entire trip. The room didn't get cool enough for her and she spent most of her time in tears and hot. The room was extremely dark. The windows were so worn that sun barely came through. The worst part is that my husband fell going down the stairs when his flip flop got stuck in the broken rusted edge (which I took a picture of and reported as well). We landed in the ER and now our insurance company won't cover the medical bill of hundreds of dollars because we reported at the ER that if was an accident at orange lake. I reported all of this and while they listened to me I could tell they were annoyed and didn't care about us since we were not owners. The list of issues is twice as long as I've shared. They spent more time trying to convince us to go on a tour than actually fixing our issues. We went home exhausted, disappointed, sad, with a broken fibula and covered in bug bites. I emailed the rep we emailed during the trip and after and she just said management was taking care of it. It's been two months and no one has responded to me. And they charged me fees that Travelocity said was included in my package. I waited to post these experiences on any travel site hoping they would respond but hey never did.

When I get a chance I will post the pictures of the room, the rotting corners and my son covered in bug bites.

I think I could look past some of the broken and old things in the room if the customer service had been better. They have ignored me to this date.

We are not made of money and this trip cost us a lot of money. The disappointment I feel over this trip, Orange Lake and that we missed so many good moments because we spent the entire time dealing with problems, is so sad. I will be paying this off for two years and stuck with bad memories until I can find a better place to go.

I rated POOR and not TERRIBLE although it felt terrible because the River Island Complex is very nice, the original customer service person we emailed, Vanessa, was nice but I imagine it was because she wanted to sell us ownership and the location near Disney is good. But trust me, it was terrible. I could probably have forgiven some of it if they even attempted to help us, reduce our rate, move us, or even respond. My poor husband is still dealing with the injury and we have to try to find a way to pay his medical bills. This was the first trip my parents have been on in 35 years since their wedding, what a disappointment.

Room Tip: I would suggest NOT going at all. But if you must, go to the River Island (that is if you can affor...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank Michelle O
New York City, New York
Reviewed 23 November 2013

My family and I stayed there for a week and a half in August. When coming form the airport to the resort my mom, sister and I realized what a convent location it was in. We had plans to go to Disney (which was 15 minutes away), we had plans to go to Aquatica (which was 20 minutes away) and there was a target, publix, walgreens and emergency clinic right next door. We stayed in a time share and it was gigantic. We had no problem was bugs or anything like that and out tvs were just fine. We were able to get discounts on two day disney passes and we went swimming in a couple of their 7 pools every night. The only problem was that since we were staying in a friends time share they asked if we wanted to attend a meeting about timeshares. My mother had been up for hours and just wanted them to leave us alone so she said yes. We didn't know there was a 50 deposit. The next morning when we missed the meeting they wouldn't stop calling. After negotiation they gave us our money back and the rest of the vacation was very pleasant. They had arcades for my sister and I and karaoke for my mom to watch. They also have games and activities for people to do buy the pool. Very entertaining. It was one of they best vacations I had and it was fun. They also have free wifi which it good for all people addicted to phones, laptops, iPods, iPads (me lol).

Room Tip: My north side time share was nice and a 2 minute walk to the nearest pool and arcade.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank gigi s
Hi there. Thanks for sharing your experience with us. It’s so great to hear that you were able to relax and have fun with us during your vacation. We certainly aim to offer similar experiences to all our guests. Our sales tours are always voluntary and a deposit is taken to ensure that your reservation is held, as most of the tours are fully committed. It is always given back to you upon completion of the tour. We again thank you for your feedback and look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Reviewed 23 November 2013 via mobile

Being an owner at Orange lake and having stayed several times in the past, I have come to expect great service, great restaurans along with wonderful & worthwhile amenities.

My stay over the thanksgiving holidays was no different. River island is gorgeous. The rooms are very modern and the floor plan is nice. I will say if you've stayed in the east village the, River Island rooms are smaller.

This was a great trip, check in was painless and very quick thanks "Rayshell" the young lady working in the club house. She was helpful,polite and professional and honestly I expect nothing less from the staff at Orange lake.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank SPK77
Greetings! Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts with us; it’s great to hear from our owners. We’re so happy to hear that your stay was enjoyable and that your stay met your expectations once again. We can’t wait until your next visit, hope to see you soon!
Maine
Reviewed 22 November 2013 via mobile

My family and I stayed here for a week. Place was nice although sometimes its the little things that make the difference. Condo amenities. Nothing glaring just a little better quality makes all the difference sometimes. Be prepared for the time share tour. Secondary market is much cheaper, I suggest you research before buying. Do not fold to pressure. If you do you still have 10 days to cancel in Florida. But they wont tell you that. Its a great resort just don't believe everything they tell you. Clean, polite staff too. Food is average but I think most is in this area anyway. I would come back. Thanks.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank 35yearsMaine
Hello there and welcome back from your recent stay with us. We always like hearing from our guests regarding their experience at our resort. We’re glad to hear that our staff helped you to have an enjoyable vacation and that you would return again. We hope to have you back soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kissimmee
Florida Center
Universal's Cabana Bay Beach Resort
Caribe Royale Orlando
#85 of 338 in Orlando

Been to Holiday Inn Club Vacations At Orange Lake Resort? Share your experiences!