Two bed condo was clean and large, we had a bungalow in the west village. Three minute drive to the main pool and a short walk to the village pool and main reception/resort area. Pools were clean and lazy river area was great, bought tubes the first day and realized we could just use discarded tubes the rest of the days. Pools were heated one of the days when the temp was cooler.
B-Lined it straight out of the check-in process to avoid timeshare sales but they chased me through the lobby to get me to listen for three minutes. Pretty funny as I completely ignored the calls for "excuse me sir" until I was nearly out of the door, the woman literally chased me down. I told the rep I was not interested in any way, shape or form and they left us alone the rest of the time. The twenty dollar resort credit is a scam to get you to the sales pitch so just tell them you're not interested and you don't want your resort credit "validated". Easy enough.
I found the staff to be not overly friendly but not rude either...not surprising as it's not the Ritz where you'd expect someone to wait on you hand and foot. Only interaction I had with staff post check in was when the kids locked the safe one day and security arrived literally 5 minutes after a call to unlock, pool bar and restaurant staff were friendly.
Close to the parks and just about everything else (shops etc.). Would stay here again for sure.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Premiere Family Vacation Resort in Orlando. The Holiday Inn Club Vacations Resort offers your family an unparalleled Florida vacation experience. Our Orange Lake Resort is next door to Walt Disney World Parks and Animal Kingdom. At our resort in Orlando you'll discover the wonders of a 12-acre Waterpark with a tropical lazy river, 7 pools and an 80-acre lake with watersports. You can even watch your little ones dance in concert with a dancing fountain. Get a head start on the fun with your own personal attraction ticket concierge located in the lobby at check in. Our 1450-acre Orlando resort hotel offers each member of the family interactive activities like the Gatorland Alligator Show where you can meet a gator face-to-face, 36 holes of fun at the West Village Putt-Putt Golf, a bowling alley, arcades and 54 holes of golf. What's more, we even provide a convenient shuttle to all our resort's activities. Our villas pamper you with the unexpected amenities like spa-inspired baths and fully equipped kitchens. Our deluxe Orlando resort provides a grocery shopping service, nine restaurants and did we mention free parking and high-speed Internet access? Your perfect Florida vacation begins at Orange Lake Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Odigeo, Booking.com, Southall Travel, Ebookers, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Travel Republic (UK), IHG, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Holiday Inn Club Vacations At Orange Lake Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Kissimmee
- Orange Lake Resort And Country Club
- Orange Lake Kissimmee
- Orange Lake Resort Country Club
- Kissimmee Holiday Inn
- Orange Lake Country Club
- Orange Lakes West Village
- Orange Lake Resort Florida
- Orange Lake West Village
- Orange Lake Resort Orlando