“Don't book that hotel” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #17 of 153 Hotels in Kissimmee
Plantation, Florida
“Don't book that hotel”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

I booked 3 bedrooms room and checked in at 3 am. After an hour my kid wake up coughing badly, I thought she was just tired... When we woke up, she was breathing bad.then I realized what happened. The building that we stay was under construction, the patio was covered all and the room was full off dust. Then I found out the paper that say that they are really sorry about that..when I went to costumer service they told me, ohh they shouldn't put you in that room!! Then they offered me to stay all day at the pool I didn't accept that. They offered 40$ for each person and sent me to check in. When I sigh the said well no it's only 40$ per room... Until now I'm trying to get refund and all they say well you sigh... My little saw a doctor and she was every 4 hours with an albuterol....
Bad bad experience

• Stayed January 2014
7 Thank Talia K
Brandon B, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations At Orange Lake Resort, responded to this review, 6 March 2014
Greetings, Talia, thank you for staying with us. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts and experience about your recent stay. We are happy that you gave us an opportunity to host you and your family while in the Orlando area. It’s very disappointing to hear the details of your stay and we apologize for any lack of relaxation that may have been caused during your visit. We see that the operations team issued a credit to you as a gesture for any inconvenience you may have experienced due to the location of your villa. Thank you again for your candid feedback and we hope you consider us on a future visit.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,365)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Fishers, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014

I stayed at the Orange Lake Resort with my boyfriend in October 2013. We had a wonderful wonderful time. We only stayed for 4 days but we loved the pools, lazy river, putt putt, and the bars / restaurants on site. The resort also offers daily kids games. The swan boat rentals and jet skis were also fun! The resort is located near all of the Disney Parks as well. My boyfriend and I loved our experience at Orange Lake Resort and we will definitely be returning

Room Tip: We stayed in the villas near the gold course but the rooms in the main building are also nice and cl...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Cory B
Brandon B, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations At Orange Lake Resort, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
Hi there, Cory! Thanks for giving us an opportunity to host you and your boyfriend on your recent trip to Orlando. We’re glad that the resort’s facilities and amenities led to an overall great stay for you. We really look forward to having you on a return visit and hope to see you again soon for more good times.
Pensacola, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014

Spent most of the week here. The resort is large and has a lot of things to do for the entire family. Grounds are well kept and for the most part the room was to with a couple exceptions, like the ceiling exhaust fan in the smaller bathroom was hanging from the ceiling, three of the 8 light bulbs on the master bath vanity were burned out and there was a red straw sticking out of the garbage disposal drain. Apparently housekeeping doesn't do much in the kitchen. The clothes dryer had a loud squeal when you turned it on unless you moved it around a bit. I would stay here again though because all in all it was nice

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thanks for visiting us and welcome back from your recent stay. We love hearing from our guest and their feedback really helps us become a better resort for all. We try to offer a wide variety of activities so that no matter what your age, you can still take part in the fun! We are happy to hear you enjoyed the resort grounds but disappointed to hear that some of the attention to detail in your villa may have been missed. We hope you give us another opportunity in the future to show you some more vacation fun.
Apple Valley
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2014 via mobile

Been coming here for 27 years. Excellent accommodations, very helpful and courteous staff, many restaurant choices on property as well as many outdoor pools. Highly recommended. Villas are well maintained and well furnished.!

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank mah7925
Hi there! Thank you so much for your review and sharing your thoughts. It’s great to hear from such a frequent and loyal guest to our resort. We appreciate your feedback very much and are very pleased to see we recently provided more fond vacation memories for you. We can’t wait to see you again!
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2014 via mobile

I had hesitations about starting here based on reviews by others. We had a wonderful time. The 2 bedroom villa we stayed in was clean and comfy. The beds were nice and cozy. I didn't see one roach as mentioned by others who reviewed. I would definitely stay here again!!

Stayed February 2014
2 Thank Mrsrosmith
Hello there! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us and giving us a chance to host your family getaway. It’s pleasing to see that your stay exceeded your expectations and that you left pleasantly surprised with your resort experience. We look forward to having you back for a return visit, thanks again!
New Hampshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2014 via mobile

This was our second time staying here. I love how spacious the rooms are. I found the units clean and comfortable. The screened porch is a nice touch too. My only complaints are the bed linens don't fit the bed too well and the dryer takes all day to dry one load of clothes.

There is so much to do at the resort that we missed too much the first time we came here because we went to too many parks. This year, we enjoyed the resort more. Our boys had a blast in all of the pools and had a good time during the gator show. One thing we did miss was Swampys breakfast at River Island Grilling Co. We enjoyed it a couple of years ago, but that, like the bungee jump trampoline and rock wall near the Hippo slide are now gone.

This is a great value, a comfortable and fun place to stay and I will definitely consider coming back.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank PamelaSG
Brandon B, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations At Orange Lake Resort, responded to this review, 28 February 2014
Thank you so much for staying with us and for telling us about your experience. We love hearing from our guests and your feedback helps us to improve our resort. We’re pleased that the resort fit right in line with what you and your family needed for a relaxing getaway. We really hope to have you back on your next trip to Orlando.
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2014

I'll start by saying if based solely on the property, i would have rated 4 or possibly 5, however it's based on our overall experience.
Firstly the way in which we were 'lured' here in the first place. I'm a gold IHG rewards member and after having to telephone them to book a hotel, I was transferred to another department as I was a "valued, loyal customer" I was told that as a reward for being a good customer I could have 3 free nights accomodation at one of several locations. Since we had planned to come to Florida in February, I selected Orange Lake. I asked what the catch was and was told "None" He then advised there was a $299 deposit required which we'd get back in cash at the end of our stay. A bit more suspicious now, but assured there's no catch, it's a reward for loyalty. We thought even if we don't get it back, $100 per night was OK for accomodation. After he had the credit card details and taken the payment he advised we'd need to attend a 2-hour time-share presentation to get our cash. There's the catch!
Fast forward to our stay, The resort is lovely, and it's huge! Check-in was quick and easy, but for some reason there was $37 on our bill before we'd even been to the room which the desk staff were unable to explain satisfactorily. We'll sort it out later - we're tired from a long flight and a 2-hour drive. It turned out to be tax on our 'free' room which we hadn't been told about, nor could I understand how 12% of nothing could be anything other than nothing. I think that the room is actually paid for by the sales dept. so there actually is a taxable transaction. Again not alot of money but another bitter taste which we could easily have been told about.
The room itself was great. Located in the East village on the top (6th?) level Two-bedroom villa, overlooking a golf course. It had a large living/kitchen area and balcony. The master bedroom (King bed) had a large bathroom with a walk-in shower and jacuzzi. The kitchen was well-stocked, and everything was clean, as was the rest of the appartment. The second bedroom was a twin and there was a washer & dryer too. Although clean, some of the fittings were perhaps a little 'tired'.
Next morning was the bit we'd been dreading - the sales presentation. We had to drive to the sales centre, where we met our salesperson who then took us to another location by golf buggy. 2 hours came and went, in fact the whole thing took over 4 hours, maybe 5. Once the sales pitch and tour was completed the hard sell began. We'd said no thanks, but then the manager came over with an 'offer' again we said no thanks. Another 2 'great offers' later the manager finally gave up and passed us onto another person who came up with another offer "the sales team aren't authourised to offer" again we declined and he finally signed the slip to allow us to collect "our gift" (Our $299 deposit back) He was quite indignant when I described it as "our money back" and corrected me back to "your gift". Glad to have our money back, we got on with what was left of our day.
We didn't use any facilities at the resort, choosing to venture out to eat as well, but from what we saw it all looked very nice.
At check-out there was one final thing - a $69 bill from Legends bar charged to our room. We stressed we'd never set foot in the place, let alone eaten there and could we see the receipt. Strangely it was missing. Unbeleivably she asked if perhaps we had eaten there and forgotton about it. Come on! Reluctantly she removed the charge.
Nothing wrong with the property itself, but for all the other reasons, I would not consider staying here again, nor would I be able to recommend it as a place to stay.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank MadMurdock
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kissimmee
Embassy Suites by Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista South
#13 of 153 in Kissimmee
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,525 reviews
Quality Suites Royale Parc Suites
Sheraton Vistana Resort - Lake Buena Vista

Been to Holiday Inn Club Vacations At Orange Lake Resort? Share your experiences!