My family of 2 adults and 2 children age 6 and 9 stayed at the orange lake resort for 6 nights. I honestly was terrified from all the bad feedback I read specially about the insects and dirt inside the rooms and villas....well I couldn't believe how clean it was here are the Pros and cons.
-very close to disney and parks
-single rooms are very comfortable and with a kitchenette and a small dinning table.
-large pools, warm water, towels always available, plenty of activities for adults and children
At extra cost of course but anywhere you go there will always be extra charges for Seadoo or Mini Pot or similar.
- close to shopping (orlando outlet about 15min away)
- restaurant surrounding the resort:
Longhorn steak house which had excellent service, Applebee's, Olive Garden, Panera bread (for breakfast).
- more shopping across the street: Target, Ross and TJ max.
- service was excellent. The one time I called for the AC at 12:30AM they told me they will do their best to send someone quickly cause it's late at night and they are not fully staffed at that time, the guy came within 10min.
-we booked 3 nights at the regular rooms in the same building as the main lobby (building 5300) excellent location, we also checked out after 3 nights and checked in again at the condos (time share), front desk was very accommodating for checking us out and in at the other unit at the same time (8:30AM) and we didn't have to wait till check in time around 3pm.
-Condo or time share unit in building 8600 unit 86842, excellent view on disney fireworks, very large 2 bedrooms unit and 2 baths, 3 TV, full kitchen, washer and dryer, dinning table, plenty of room for up to 10 people.
A bit pushy for the time share part, we had to say No many times at the presentation and there was always another offer to make us say yes, they even switch guys we had 3 different men who were very nice but each trying to convince us with a sale. It seemed like a good offer but being pushy like that will always make me and my husband back off from any sale.
At the end when they realized we were not buying anything, the original sales person didn't even shake hands with us and it showed he was upset. :( not very professional we thought.
- extremely large resort so u need a car to drive around or take resort shuttle.
Overall it was a great experience, I would return for sure and bring. Families and friends.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Premiere Family Vacation Resort in Orlando. The Holiday Inn Club Vacations Resort offers your family an unparalleled Florida vacation experience. Our Orange Lake Resort is next door to Walt Disney World Parks and Animal Kingdom. At our resort in Orlando you'll discover the wonders of a 12-acre Waterpark with a tropical lazy river, 7 pools and an 80-acre lake with watersports. You can even watch your little ones dance in concert with a dancing fountain. Get a head start on the fun with your own personal attraction ticket concierge located in the lobby at check in. Our 1450-acre Orlando resort hotel offers each member of the family interactive activities like the Gatorland Alligator Show where you can meet a gator face-to-face, 36 holes of fun at the West Village Putt-Putt Golf, a bowling alley, arcades and 54 holes of golf. What's more, we even provide a convenient shuttle to all our resort's activities. Our villas pamper you with the unexpected amenities like spa-inspired baths and fully equipped kitchens. Our deluxe Orlando resort provides a grocery shopping service, nine restaurants and did we mention free parking and high-speed Internet access? Your perfect Florida vacation begins at Orange Lake Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Southall Travel, IHG, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Ebookers, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Club Vacations At Orange Lake Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Kissimmee
- Orange Lake Resort And Country Club
- Orange Lake Kissimmee
- Orange Lake Resort Country Club
- Kissimmee Holiday Inn
- Orange Lake Country Club
- Orange Lakes West Village
- Orange Lake Resort Florida
- Orange Lake West Village
- Orange Lake Resort Orlando