Check in: Check in is at 4pm, and they supposedly do not let anyone check in early. Not a problem; they had a LOT of agents working the front desk, so we were able to check in relatively quickly despite the large number of people checking in. There was also someone walking around with a tray of complimentary cups of beer. Yes I was given the option to do the time share presentation, and yes I declined. Surprisingly they didn't push any further than that.
Check out: Express check out is very easy. You just leave a voicemail with your name/room number/time of departure, and drop your keys in a box on the way out (which is right at the exit to the resort). No wasted time going back to the front desk.
Room: We initially were placed in one of the 1 story villas, but it didn't have a large stand alone Jacuzzi tub which we wanted (on our honeymoon), so we called resort services to see if we could get moved. 20minutes later we were in a completely new unit, which had everything we had requested. We were in the Tennis villas (about 6 stories), and the rooms were amazing. Two bedrooms (1 master room and 1 with 2 smaller beds), a master bathroom (which was huge/nice), guest bath, large living/dining room and full kitchen. The balcony was enclosed by a netting to prevent bugs from getting in, and the balcony itself was large as well. The kitchen had full assortment of plates, utensils, cups, cookware, etc.
Pool(s): We went to two of the on-site pools (there are a lot more). We went to the pools near the registration building, which took forever to find pool chairs due to it being so packed, and a couple days later we went to the River Island pool (lazy river). Their pool rules are a large reason I knocked off a star.
1) They charge an excessive amount of money for tube rentals. And they take their tub rentals so seriously that they pay 2-4 employees to sit around the sides of the lazy river and watch for people using tubes without wristbands. If they see one, they pull the tube away with a stick.
2) They have two poolside bars, but then don't let you bring your drink (which is in a plastic souvenir cup w/ lid), into the pools. Doesn't make any sense at all. The drinks themselves were, as with most things at this resort, overpriced.
Resort: As a whole, there's a lot to do at this resort. Just be prepared to pay for it all. Practically nothing is included in your stay other than your room, the pools, and a few activities. Mini golf, tube rentals, food delivery, etc is all extra. But there are several restaurants on site (food is mediocre at best but at least it's close).
Overall: We had a decent stay, which would have been much better if not for the silly fees for practically everything, and the ridiculous pool rules. We will probably try a new time share resort next time we are in the Orlando area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Premiere Family Vacation Resort in Orlando. The Holiday Inn Club Vacations Resort offers your family an unparalleled Florida vacation experience. Our Orange Lake Resort is next door to Walt Disney World Parks and Animal Kingdom. At our resort in Orlando you'll discover the wonders of a 12-acre Waterpark with a tropical lazy river, 7 pools and an 80-acre lake with watersports. You can even watch your little ones dance in concert with a dancing fountain. Get a head start on the fun with your own personal attraction ticket concierge located in the lobby at check in. Our 1450-acre Orlando resort hotel offers each member of the family interactive activities like the Gatorland Alligator Show where you can meet a gator face-to-face, 36 holes of fun at the West Village Putt-Putt Golf, a bowling alley, arcades and 54 holes of golf. What's more, we even provide a convenient shuttle to all our resort's activities. Our villas pamper you with the unexpected amenities like spa-inspired baths and fully equipped kitchens. Our deluxe Orlando resort provides a grocery shopping service, nine restaurants and did we mention free parking and high-speed Internet access? Your perfect Florida vacation begins at Orange Lake Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Southall Travel, IHG, LoveHolidays, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., Ebookers, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Club Vacations At Orange Lake Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Kissimmee
- Orange Lake Resort And Country Club
- Orange Lake Kissimmee
- Orange Lake Resort Country Club
- Kissimmee Holiday Inn
- Orange Lake Country Club
- Orange Lakes West Village
- Orange Lake Resort Florida
- Orange Lake West Village
- Orange Lake Resort Orlando