Holiday Inn Club Vacations At Orange Lake Resort
Ranked #18 of 155 Hotels in Kissimmee
Reviewed 26 April 2014

We stayed 04/20 to 04/25 in the west village in unit 2471. Very spacious, clean and had a "home" like feel. My 7 year old loved it and was more than busy with all the pools, games and a magic show we walked in on going to the arcade. Yes, the amenities could be expensive at times ($10/person to rent a tube for the lazy river) but we had a blast. Where we stayed, it was quiet and peaceful and were greated numerous times by sandhill cranes walking in our backyard.
Our "house" had 2 bedrooms - 1 with a king and the other with 2 queens and a pullout couch. Everything was comfy and cozy. Vacuum broke and a new one arrived within 7 minutes.
We noticed every employee on the resort was pleasant, well mannered, polite and always waving/saying "hello" whwn they drove by. The grounds are very well kept and extremely tidy.

When booking, try and get the west village (sandhill street).

Timeshare: we were asked once upon check-in if we had intetest, we declined and no one called us or bugged us anymore about it.

5 minute drive to Disney, lots of restaurants around and plenty to do with the kids.

3  Thank foxfamilycanada
Brandon B, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations At Orange Lake Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Greetings! We’re happy to hear from you regarding your recent visit and welcome back from your stay. We hope that your stay was just as exciting for the adults as it was for the children! We see that everyone benefited from your spacious villa and its amenities. It looks like you took advantage of our closeness to the attractions and local dining as well. We hope to see you and the whole family again for a return visit, there’s plenty more of fun to be had at Orange Lake Resort!

Write a ReviewReviews (6,110)

Reviewed 25 April 2014

Great place to vacation in Disney and Florida . No need to feel cramped in a tiny hotel room with the family . Orange Lake is fantastic with the big villas , that have washer , dryer , full kitchen , spacious living and dining room and large bedrooms and baths . The pools , lazy rivers are fantastic and large and there are plenty of pools throughout the property . Golf courses abound including one Arnold Palmer 18 hole . Many restaurants and bars , only problem not enough wait staff or bartenders during spring break but boy do those who are there work hard , are friendly and so conscientious , and Disney is 10 minutes from your doorstep . family time galore great mini golf courses , big hippo slide , volleyball , soccer and even movie theater plus activities everyday for the kids . A must do on your Florida Disney trip !!

2  Thank retiredfelix

Hello there! Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. We appreciate you choosing us as your vacation home away from home. It looks like you found time to take in all of the fun there is to be had with us and we can’t be happier. We love offering our guests the space, activities, and fun that will make vacation a memorable one. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed in villa 4340 which is a 2 bedroom condo. Upon arriving at check in we were asked to redeem our 20 dollar voucher at the validation area. I knew this was the area where they try to get you to sign up for a timeshare presentation so I explained that I wasn't feeling well and would rather go straight to my room. They gave me no trouble whatsoever and were very gracious. I only received one phone call asking me to go to a presentation. I said no and they were not pushy at all. I truly appreciated this! Now for my big complaint.... palmetto bugs! I woke up in the middle of the night to find a big flying cockroach (palmetto bug) next to the toilet. I freaked out, but realizing I was in Florida, decided not to make a big deal out of it. So I stroll into the kitchen to get a drink and what do I see? The biggest palmetto bug I have ever laid eyes on running across the counter! I wake my husband up to kill it and that was quite an experience. They run FAST! He finally trapped it in the dishwasher and turned it on to kill it. I called the front desk in the morning and they sent pest control out. They sprayed my bathroom and the kitchen and I had to call them back in and tell them to spray the 2nd bathroom too. I could not sleep well for the rest of my stay worrying about these critters in my unit. I never saw any more but I was still freaked out. I absolutely loved the room itself. So comfy and the pools were amazing. My favorite was the west village pool that is a bit deeper and good for swimming. Lovely place to stay as long as your unit doesn't have palmettos. This really is a gem of a resort.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank melissasnest

Hi Melissa! Thanks for sharing your experience with us. We’re delighted to hear that your stay was good overall and that the resort met your expectations. We’re disappointed to hear about your experience with local pests. We take measures to prevent instances like this from happening and, as you mentioned, with our temperate climate in Florida it can make our efforts difficult. We hope that you consider us for a future stay full of fun, sun, and relaxation.

Reviewed 25 April 2014

My family and I stayed while visiting Disney. I read all of the reviews and was not quite sure as to what expect. To my delight the room was amazing!!

We stayed in a two bedroom villa in West Village. The decor and furniture was updated and very nice as well as the room was extremely clean. In addition the customer service was awesome!

2  Thank Shreeo

We’re happy that you chose our resort to host you during your recent visit to Orlando. It looks like your villa gave you the space needed to relax, and the service added to an overall great vacation experience. The only thing that would make us happier would be to have you return! We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 25 April 2014

This plush resort within its walls is a great family vacation.4 swimming pools for all ages.A golf course designed by none other thanArnold Palmer this is a fantastic place to go on a vacation.All the amenities that you can ever wish for.Publix not even half a mile down the road.5 Minutes from Disney World.There is so much to do here I cannot list everything.You can even buy a timeshare here I did and have had it for 11 years.An incredible vacation.!!!

Room Tip: It doesn't matter where you stay within the grounds everywhere is easy access to everywhere.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Nick J
Brandon B, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations At Orange Lake Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2014

Hello, Nick! It’s great to hear from our owners and appreciate your loyalty to Orange Lake Resort. We can’t be happier to know you still find the resort and local area get better each year. We hope to continue improving and look for more ways help our resort be the best it can be for not only owners but for all guests. Thanks again for your feedback.

Reviewed 24 April 2014

This place is a rip off !!!! We stay for a week and was told one thing BUT in the end it was ALL UNTRUE !!!!! They promised us one thing to get our money then was told something totally different once we arrived. We will be glad when this joke of a vacation is over, it has cost us so much money that it was SO NOT worth the headache. We had to go on another tour and once we said NO ( more than once ) we were treated just like crap !!!! Not even told were to go to get back to our car. Everything you do cost extra money, from renting a tube to even going down the water slides in the kids part. I called one month before we left and asked to be close to the kids water park, in which I was told no problem but once we got here....... we were just as far away from it as possible. The reason I asked is because I broke my ankle and wanted to be close so I didn't have to chase my kids or ride a bus back and fourth. The rental car person was impossible to get a hold of and guest services was ALWAYS a long wait before someone would pick up. We will never stay here again but we LOVE the resort in Daytona that the Holiday Inn has there. It is worth the drive to travel back and forth from Daytona beach to Orlando than dealing with The Orange Lake Resort and the way they treat people.

Room Tip: If you have children make sure you have a suite on River Island, it right next to the kids pool, la...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Trisha S
Brandon B, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations At Orange Lake Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2014

Hello Trisha. Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. We’re extremely disappointed to hear about the details of your experience. Guest satisfaction is very important to us and we apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced. Our team has attempted to reach out to you personally to learn more and discuss your recent visit with us. If you have failed to receive this contact, we have sent you a private message which you can reply to with updated contact info that we can relay to the team. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to have an opportunity to host you in the future.

Reviewed 24 April 2014

We stayed here for our 2 week holiday in Orlando from Australia. We thought it was a great place to stay loved the 2 bedroom fully equipped apartment. We had a few cockroaches but apparently that the weather etc. it was great position and we really enjoyed it here. The pool you had to drive to but it is a massive property.the kids enjoyed the mini golf. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank cattro

Thanks for choosing to stay with us for your recent holiday. We’re delighted that you found your villa well-equipped and with lots of space for you to relax. We hope we get the chance to host you and your family again soon.