“Beautiful! Great resort!”

Holiday Inn Club Vacations At Orange Lake Resort
Ranked #20 of 154 Hotels in Kissimmee
Reviewed 28 April 2014

We bought this timeshare on line, and were very pleased. The unit which had 2 bedrooms, and 2 baths, dining room, kitchen, living room, patio, laundry, was excellent. The pools were well maintained, and beautifully decorated, with a lazy river and a beach type set up i. One of them. There was a shuttle that ran every half hour between villages, and to other pools and recreation areas. Wifi was strong and very good. There was a security guard at the gate to get in, and many restaurants on the same road.

I can't wait to return next year!

Room Tip: Room location doesn't really matter - you can either drive or take the shuttle to where you want...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank vacationkingCt
Ashley U, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations At Orange Lake Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Hi there, we’re so happy to hear from you about your getaway with us. We especially love hearing from our owners. You give a great overview of what our guests can expect from a stay with us. We can’t wait to see you again next year!

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Club Vacations At Orange Lake Resort

Reviewed 27 April 2014

We have stayed in various places around Orlando area and I think it is the best. Everything is immaculate, we stayed in the West Village as we prefer a 'bungalow' as opposed to a condo. The interior and soft furnishing are of top quality. The facilites on site from the golf to the lazy river cannot be faulted. Wifi is easy - no passwords or just 1 device per condo rubbish. I cannot rate this place high enough; we did not want to leave and will be back as soon as we can!!!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 April 2014

My extended family and I set out for a vacation staying at Orange Lake, a resort we've enjoyed plenty before. While the resort is beautiful our day by the pool yesterday was cut short to find out that a pipe had burst in our building and much to our disappointment many of our things got soaked including electronic devices which are now ruined. The resort not so quickly shuttled us off to a different comparable unit with a few slight differences. My family (which required 4 different rooms) remained within the vicinity of each other, however it was no longer 4 rooms next to each other as we had enjoyed. Not only were the units not together, the new units we were brought to were not at all prepared for guests as the rooms we originally had; lacking toilet paper, an awful view, smaller master bed and bathtub, plugs that do not work, broken ice makers, lack of ceiling fans and an older unit in general. Due to this room swap our room keys which acted as credit cards for the CASHLESS resort were declined at dinner, rather embarrassing and caused quite the hassle to pay our whopping bill. Upon going to see what the resort was planning on doing for us, we were offered a measly free breakfast. A FREE BREAKFAST?!? That's all? I don't think so. This water damage has added a much unwanted and unnecessary time constraint on our remaining 3 days at the resort and a free breakfast is not going to suffice. Especially considering all the running around I now must do to make up for the damage I don't even have time for my stupid free breakfast. At check-in one of our guests had a difficult time with the reservation and the same guest had further more difficulties with her credit card and for her a breakfast was no where near sufficient. Although my family has already booked for next year, prior to all of these circumstances we will be strongly reconsidering, no matter how great of a rate we were offered. The resort may be beautiful, but the guest accommodation for such a massive curveball in our vacation is not nearly adequate. In the past we have never experienced they're awful guest accommodations which is why we have continued to return, but Orange Lake; you may have just lost faithful guests of your resort believing that such an atrocity could be made up for with a free breakfast.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Stephanie O
Reviewed 26 April 2014

We stayed 04/20 to 04/25 in the west village in unit 2471. Very spacious, clean and had a "home" like feel. My 7 year old loved it and was more than busy with all the pools, games and a magic show we walked in on going to the arcade. Yes, the amenities could be expensive at times ($10/person to rent a tube for the lazy river) but we had a blast. Where we stayed, it was quiet and peaceful and were greated numerous times by sandhill cranes walking in our backyard.
Our "house" had 2 bedrooms - 1 with a king and the other with 2 queens and a pullout couch. Everything was comfy and cozy. Vacuum broke and a new one arrived within 7 minutes.
We noticed every employee on the resort was pleasant, well mannered, polite and always waving/saying "hello" whwn they drove by. The grounds are very well kept and extremely tidy.

When booking, try and get the west village (sandhill street).

Timeshare: we were asked once upon check-in if we had intetest, we declined and no one called us or bugged us anymore about it.

5 minute drive to Disney, lots of restaurants around and plenty to do with the kids.

3  Thank foxfamilycanada
Brandon B, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations At Orange Lake Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Greetings! We’re happy to hear from you regarding your recent visit and welcome back from your stay. We hope that your stay was just as exciting for the adults as it was for the children! We see that everyone benefited from your spacious villa and its amenities. It looks like you took advantage of our closeness to the attractions and local dining as well. We hope to see you and the whole family again for a return visit, there’s plenty more of fun to be had at Orange Lake Resort!

Reviewed 25 April 2014

Great place to vacation in Disney and Florida . No need to feel cramped in a tiny hotel room with the family . Orange Lake is fantastic with the big villas , that have washer , dryer , full kitchen , spacious living and dining room and large bedrooms and baths . The pools , lazy rivers are fantastic and large and there are plenty of pools throughout the property . Golf courses abound including one Arnold Palmer 18 hole . Many restaurants and bars , only problem not enough wait staff or bartenders during spring break but boy do those who are there work hard , are friendly and so conscientious , and Disney is 10 minutes from your doorstep . family time galore great mini golf courses , big hippo slide , volleyball , soccer and even movie theater plus activities everyday for the kids . A must do on your Florida Disney trip !!

2  Thank retiredfelix

Hello there! Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. We appreciate you choosing us as your vacation home away from home. It looks like you found time to take in all of the fun there is to be had with us and we can’t be happier. We love offering our guests the space, activities, and fun that will make vacation a memorable one. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed in villa 4340 which is a 2 bedroom condo. Upon arriving at check in we were asked to redeem our 20 dollar voucher at the validation area. I knew this was the area where they try to get you to sign up for a timeshare presentation so I explained that I wasn't feeling well and would rather go straight to my room. They gave me no trouble whatsoever and were very gracious. I only received one phone call asking me to go to a presentation. I said no and they were not pushy at all. I truly appreciated this! Now for my big complaint.... palmetto bugs! I woke up in the middle of the night to find a big flying cockroach (palmetto bug) next to the toilet. I freaked out, but realizing I was in Florida, decided not to make a big deal out of it. So I stroll into the kitchen to get a drink and what do I see? The biggest palmetto bug I have ever laid eyes on running across the counter! I wake my husband up to kill it and that was quite an experience. They run FAST! He finally trapped it in the dishwasher and turned it on to kill it. I called the front desk in the morning and they sent pest control out. They sprayed my bathroom and the kitchen and I had to call them back in and tell them to spray the 2nd bathroom too. I could not sleep well for the rest of my stay worrying about these critters in my unit. I never saw any more but I was still freaked out. I absolutely loved the room itself. So comfy and the pools were amazing. My favorite was the west village pool that is a bit deeper and good for swimming. Lovely place to stay as long as your unit doesn't have palmettos. This really is a gem of a resort.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank melissasnest

Hi Melissa! Thanks for sharing your experience with us. We’re delighted to hear that your stay was good overall and that the resort met your expectations. We’re disappointed to hear about your experience with local pests. We take measures to prevent instances like this from happening and, as you mentioned, with our temperate climate in Florida it can make our efforts difficult. We hope that you consider us for a future stay full of fun, sun, and relaxation.

Reviewed 25 April 2014

My family and I stayed while visiting Disney. I read all of the reviews and was not quite sure as to what expect. To my delight the room was amazing!!

We stayed in a two bedroom villa in West Village. The decor and furniture was updated and very nice as well as the room was extremely clean. In addition the customer service was awesome!

2  Thank Shreeo

We’re happy that you chose our resort to host you during your recent visit to Orlando. It looks like your villa gave you the space needed to relax, and the service added to an overall great vacation experience. The only thing that would make us happier would be to have you return! We hope to see you again soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kissimmee
Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek
#27 of 154 in Kissimmee
Polynesian Isles Resort
Polynesian Isles Resort
#2 of 154 in Kissimmee

Been to Holiday Inn Club Vacations At Orange Lake Resort? Share your experiences!