“Fantastic resort spoiled by Timeshare hostage,s beware” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Club Vacations At Orange Lake Resort

Holiday Inn Club Vacations At Orange Lake Resort
Ranked #17 of 153 Hotels in Kissimmee
Peterborough
“Fantastic resort spoiled by Timeshare hostage,s beware”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2014

Just beware, the tour of holiday apartments is timeshare it's expensive, the sales guys are very nice initially, but VERY focused. it took me 2 hrs to get away and when eventually you get pushed out the back door to get park bus back to your car they are not nice anymore. They say you are treated with dignity and respect , I felt like I was being taken for a complete mug! The promise of any gifts is not worth this waste of time , unless of course you want to buy very expensive timeshare.

Room Tip: Resort was lovely plenty of things to do even without kids. 2 bed apartment great, loads of space ev...
Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank GalePeterborough
Brandon B, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations At Orange Lake Resort, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Hello Gale. Thank you for taking time to share your thoughts with us. We appreciate your visit and for your attendance for one of our property tours. We apologize if you felt any pressure at all during your tour, which is meant to be a carefree, informative experience. We’re sorry to hear that we could not find a package that best fit your lifestyle and needs. It’s great to see that your overall visit was enjoyable and we hope to get an opportunity to have you for a return visit.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,365)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Boston, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

Okay...
Just got back from staying at this resort. Very beautiful, the pool areas is so beautifully landscaped, hammocks, towels, bar service to your lounge chair, heated pool and a "hot" tub!
Our room was large more of a two bedroom condo style than a typical hotel room, full kitchen, complete with dishes, utensils, washer and dryer
Vast and beautiful front desk was friendly and efficient. To our surprise our room was ready early and we were able to gain access two hours early and enjoy all the amenities of this lovely resort.
I read some reviews that mentioned roaches. I was skeptical and "searched" the first day and night just to check, NOT a one. Our room was clean and beds comfortable. I felt very safe and homey staying here. It will definitely be a must when visiting the Orlando area again. We were only 10 minutes or so away from all the parks, so easy to get to and from. A near by grocery store and restaurants if you wish not to eat on the property with its 4-5 restaurants.
Cant say enough!
Really loved it, so did my kids..(pools slides, mini golf, volleyball, HIPPO slide, tattoos)
Only negative I can say is, the elevator up to our room was a little dingy...
That's about it..imagine?
Also, the pictures do not do it justice. The property is beautiful!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Denise D
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

Just got back from staying 4 nights in Orange Lake Resort. This resort is very nice and always something to do. There is a different pool to go to every day and any one you pick will not disappoint you. Greg at Breezes and Angel at Tradewinds are the best bartenders at the resort. The bartender at the North Village Pool Cafe is not attentive at all. Bartenders automatically receive tips so some seem like they do not care. We stayed in a two bedroom/2 bath in the North Village. The room was very spacious and comfortable. There is a full kitchen and a publix grocery store at the entrance of the resort for those who want to cook. You don't even have to leave this resort because there is so much to do. I would definitely stay here again

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Yknotboat
Brandon B, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations At Orange Lake Resort, responded to this review, 8 May 2014
Thanks for staying with us and for your feedback! It’s great to see you found your villa comfortable and that you were able to really relax while on-site. We’re glad you took the time to explore the resort and see all the awesome activities that we have to offer. We look forward to seeing you again in the future!
Ottawa, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

We paid the 250 in advance to stay at this vacation resort over the phone while booking a different stay with Holiday Inn. Turns out this is not a Holiday Inn establishment but some timeshare company associated that uses their name. When we got to Orlando we had been booked in a standard Holiday Inn in Kissimee (91$ per night, so no savings). Then we were told we would be charged for the room again if we did not attend the timeshare presentation. I called to have the initial 250$ reimbursed from the lobby phone. First the main number did not answer. The clerk at the front desk dialled another number he knew. I was transferred to 5 different people to which I explained 5 times that I just want my $250 back. Finally the manager of the Holiday Inn were we were staying took the phone and asked the 5th person if he would reimburse me, he answered no. The manager had to call a contact of his at the Orange country resort company (the timeshare company that runs the holiday Inn vacation resort) to finally get the money reimbursed. I was charged with tax 282$ on my credit card and reimbursed 265$ to add insult to injury! What a scam, Holiday Inn should not be associating their name with this.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank Melanie S
Greetings, Melanie. Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us and your feedback. We appreciate your interest and booking one of our great vacation packages. We are sorry to hear that your overall experience did not meet your expectations. These packages come at a discount and give you the opportunity to take an informative tour of our property and learn more about our Club Membership. Our partnership with Holiday Inn has allowed us to offer a very unique and flexible vacation ownership product with the quality and service that Holiday Inn is known for. We have reached out to you via private message to learn more about your reservation process and experience. We look forward to hearing from you.
Claremont, New Hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

My family loves this resort for our April vacation. We always stay a week for school vacation. We always request River Island as we spend most of our time pool side and the kids love the lazy river and hippo slide. There is so much to do and see both at the resort and the surrounding 10 mile area. The facility is clean and mostly updated. The condos are big and comfortable. The food at Legends, a restaurant on site, is great and reasonably priced. The only complaint I have is that when be booked our stay I requested an early check-in due to the fact that our plane landed at 8am and my mother is elderly and disabled and needs to lie down after a plane trip. I discussed this with reservations and they called the front desk. He then told me they said I could check in between 12 and 1 and that our condo would be ready. When we arrived at the resort we had to wait until after 4 to get into our unit. I complained but they said that I could check in but not get into my unit until 4. My mother was quite exhausted and had to take a nap in the car. I was not impressed. I had also asked for a late checkout as our plane did not leave until very late afternoon to return home. Man inreservations said that would not be a problem. I offered to pay extra for the early check in and late check out but was told that was not needed. When I told the check-in person we had requested a late checkout and it had been ok'd by reservations they said I needed to call Resort Services to confirm that. When we finally were able to get into our unit I called Resort Services and was told that they do not allow late check outs but to call back the day before we leave and they might be able to do something. I called back and they said we absolutely needed to leave by 10 am. I feel there is a total lack of communication between reservations and the resort itself. Other than that, our stay was great and we will be back. By the way, this is a time share resort and they try to get you to take a tour and all you need to do,if your have no intention of buying, is to just say no at check-in when they try to entice you by discounted tickets and a voucher. You also need to request no solicitation from staff by phone or they will be calling you early each morning to get you to take the tour. We just unplugged our phone and did not plug it back in unless we wanted to use it. Other than a run around with check-in and check-out, we could not ask for a better place for a family vacation.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank arcodog
Thanks for sharing your experience with us! We’re delighted that you enjoyed your most recent stay and were able to relax. It’s great to see that our resort offers a little something for the whole family. We apologize that we were unable to fulfill your early check-in or late check-out request but you consider us in the future for more vacation fun.
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

LOCATION- Excellent. You are literally right next door to Disney property, however there is no direct connection from Orange Lake to Animal Kingdom - but still...it's close! It's close to Universal too. Only about a 75 minute drive to Daytona or Cocoa Beach on the east, and about a 90 minute drive to Tampa/St. Pete beaches on the west.

RESORT -
LET'S START WITH THE CONS - Be aware - THIS IS A TIME SHARE resort, so if you've never been here, don't be too surprised. After you check in, they will try to "validate your coupon for free gifts". Do yourself a favor - be firm - tell them that you are not interested. They won't waste their time with you if you make it very clear that you have no interest in any gifts, tours, etc. When you get to your room, unplug the phones.
There are PLENTY OF PROs! Enjoy the resort. Heck, you might even want to consider buying into it, when you see how nice it is.
"VILLAGES"- The resort was built in four sections. They are known as the WEST VILLAGE, the NORTH VILLAGE, the EAST VILLAGE, and RIVER ISLAND.
When you enter the main gate, this is the oldest section, known as the WEST VILLAGE. These one-level villas are nice, but I would avoid staying in one on that main street if possible. There's a lot of traffic on that main drag, since there are only two ways into and out of the resort. These villas are two-bedroom, and typically the back door faces a golf course, so it is very serene.
If you continue down the main road, you'll notice a spot that looks like it was a cul-de-sac. This was originally the end of the resort.
When you drive past that point you enter the NORTH VILLAGE. Almost all of these condos are to the left of the main street. These buildings are slightly newer, and are generally one and two story buildings with two and three-bedroom designs. Again, nice condos - generally serene environment.
As you continue down the main road, you'll go under a bridge and come to a stop sign at the end of this road. If you turn left, you go into the EAST VILLAGE. if you turn right, you'll head toward RIVER ISLAND.
The EAST VILAGE is comprised mostly of six-story buildings with six to eight condos on a floor. The three bedroom units are on the ends of these buildings. These are newer, and have a more modern design, and larger kitchen area than the WEST or NORTH VILLAGE Units.
Over the years we have stayed in quite a few condos in each of these villages.
The newest area, is RIVER ISLAND. It is comprised of four towers that face the lazy river swimming area. We have never stayed in the RIVER ISLAND area, so I cannot comment on it; however, it is the newest and most luxurious of the four villages.
CONDO AMENITIES -
ALL units have a FULL SIZE Washer & Dryer. Not those dinky tiny stackable units like we've seen in many of the Wyndham condos.
All units have a FULL KITCHEN, with Electric range, oven, Microwave, full size dishwasher, full size refrigerator & freezer. THIS IS WHERE YOU CAN SAVE A TON OF MONEY.
With the full size washer/dryer, we pack less. With the wonderful kitchens, we eat most breakfasts in the condo, and about half of our lunches. We fix dinner in-house once or twice.
The TVs are almost all large screen LCDs, but some of the units still have older CRT style.
Internet is free, and is available anywhere on this huge resort. Generally the speed is good, although we've had some days when the speed is really slow.
MAINTENANCE - The Condos are generally well maintained, and are always looking great when you arrive. Our recent experience has shown that there always seems to be one little nagging item that needs maintenance. (Disposal, no ice tray, broken can opener). We have never had a big problem with bugs - but keep in mind that this resort is surrounded with natural beauty and you will occasionally find spiders or palmetto bugs - especially on the porch areas.
POOLS GALORE - They have the three large pools, Water's Edge, Splash Lagoon & the Lazy River at River Island. All are kept very clean, they have plenty of tables and lounge chairs, and they have food & drink nearby for snacks and beverages.
RESTAURANTS - We prefer the restaurant near the main building - "Breezes". Good selection and good taste. They also have a sports bar way in the back in the East Village. I think it's called Legends. They have a comedy/magic show there that was fun, and they also have trivia night. In River Island there is a nicer 'dressier' restaurant.
SHOPS - They have several small shops where you can get knick-knacks, drinks, snacks, etc. They're almost like upscale camp-stores!
SHOPPING - Target and Walmart are easy to get to for your grocery needs for eating in.
RESTAURANTS - The resort is on US 192 in a high tourist area, so - take your pick!
This is a huge resort - it's about 2 miles from the front gate to the back end of the East Village. The landscaping and grounds are kept in really good shape.
You'll typically see maintenance department re-vamping a group of condos. It seems like they use the maintenance fees very wisely and keep the place fresh.
They have two miniature golf courses - a Putt-Putt brand, and a generic. Both are well-kept, although we've noticed that the Putt-Putt brand course is not as well maintained as it had been 5 or 10 years ago.
The main pool is open until 11:00 during the summer, and it's right by the bar, where they have live music, or Karaoke.
OTHER - There are lots of activities for the kids. They have several nice nature walks, and they have boats and jet-ski's for rent at the lake. They have a resort shuttle that will take you anywhere in the resort. They have bus stops, but no shelter or shade at these stops! Plenty of places to walk, but sadly, no sidewalks! You can see a lot of the Disney fireworks from many locations within the resort.
GOLF - They have three courses. I'm not a golfer, so I cannot honestly review the courses. Sorry! One course is a Par-3 nine hole lighted course.
Overall, this has been a great vacation spot for our family since about 1990. We've been to other resorts, but we always are happiest here.

Room Tip: Very relaxing in the North Village. If your budget allows, I hear that River Island is the place...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
8 Thank thomner
Thanks so much for sharing your experience with us and what you enjoy most about our property. It’s great to have you as a loyal guest for all these years. No doubt you have seen the resort grow and we’re so glad that you continue to enjoy the resort experience we offer. You’re right; we are a vacation ownership property and always want our guests to know about the Club and the more flexible way to vacation that it offers. You give an excellent summary of our resort and the fun that it can provide to a vacation. We can’t wait to host you again in the future for more good times with us!
Swadlincote, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

What can I say? We have been to Florida several times before and stayed in various places. This was by far the best! Great food on site, immaculate gardens, beautiful lake, and only around 15 - 20 minutes away from the parks. The kids loved it and we did too! Next time we visit Florida, we won't think of staying anywhere else.

Stayed March 2014
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kissimmee
Embassy Suites by Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista South
#13 of 153 in Kissimmee
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,525 reviews
Quality Suites Royale Parc Suites
Sheraton Vistana Resort - Lake Buena Vista

Been to Holiday Inn Club Vacations At Orange Lake Resort? Share your experiences!