“Used to love it”

Ranked #21 of 152 Hotels in Kissimmee
Marlton
“Used to love it”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

So i have been coming to Orange Lake for the last five years (my ex owns here) and have always loved the resort and the variety of things to do...however this stay has not been the most pleasant. I finally went on a tour as I was considering buying since my ex and I are no longer together..however the presentation was such a rushed sales pitch I really had no idea what I would have been getting myself into and had to decline because I was just very uncomfortable..at the end when I kept telling the salesman that I was not going to purchase he basically told me I couldn't leave because he had to "close out" my invitation all the while my 15 month old was getting restless after 2 hours of my time (not the 1 hour they promise) and he was even mumbling under his breath...then in a week I have killed 4 cockroaches...granted I know in hotels and all its hard to keep these things under control, however I have never ever had an issue until now...I dont even want to use anything in the kitchen...totally glad I didnt buy...and don't think I would anytime soon

• Stayed May 2014
4 Thank Jael J
Brandon B, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations At Orange Lake Resort, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Hello there, Jael. We appreciate your feedback and letting us know about your stay. Thanks for being such a loyal guest of Orange Lake Resort. We’re glad that you’ve continued to enjoy the variety of activities and fun that we offer. It’s disappointing to see that this stay, however, has not led up to your expectations thus far. We apologize that our team was unable to find a package that best fit your lifestyle, but we thank you for your interest to own at Orange Lake. Our villas are treated regularly to help prevent pests of any sort from coming in contact with our guests. We’re sorry for any discomfort you may have experienced during your visit. We have attempted to contact you via private message in an effort to gain a bit more information about your experience. We look forward to hearing from you, thank you.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,428)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 5 June 2014

We arrived on Sunday evening to check in and the lines were horrible to check-in. My stay was prepaid and I was not interested in time share. The group that I booked through allowed me to by pass the marketing that other reviewers experienced. I did not not like having to stand in line so long to check in. We had a 2 bed room villa - the size was very large in the East Village, it was quiet and we had a couple of good nights' rest. I liked the space and the decor did not appear too dated. The overall cleanliness was okay, but I did see that the faucets in the bathroom needed to be re-caulked. The handles on the cabinet door handles were dusty and I found some dried food stuck to an electrical outlet in the kitchen that was overlooked. The washer and dryer came in handy and with complimentary laundry detergent. The kitchen was adequately stocked with utensils, dishes and cleaning supplies. The kids and the husband enjoyed it more than I did, but then they are not accustomed to cleaning to the extent that I am so I am very picky when it comes to places to stay. I found a total of 3 live, small insects and immediately notified housekeeping. The staff was nice and sent over pest control within 2 hours, so at least I slept better that night. I would have reservations about staying again because it was not an immaculately kept facility inside. The grounds constantly have work going on, it would seem a little more time should be invested in cleaning the inside as well. I am not sure about a recommendation because of the issues that I did experience, but if it were one of few available I would if I could work with staff to do a walk through before check in. It is definitely not 5 stars and without the insects the size may have allowed 4 but the details to cleaning and the small insects pushed it down.

Room Tip: East Village seem to be a little newer I guess from reviews
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Brandon B, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations At Orange Lake Resort, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Hello La’Tasha. Thank you for taking time to share your thoughts about your recent stay. We’re happy to have hosted you and your family for your getaway. It’s great to see that spacious accommodations and in-villa amenities helped you to feel right at home. We apologize, however, for any delays that you may have seen at check-in. With Florida’s temperate climate, there’s a possibility you’ll run into many different types of wildlife while at Orange Lake Resort. We take extensive efforts to control them from coming contact with our guests and apologize if you were disturbed in any way. We hope that you consider us for a return visit in the future. Thanks again for staying with us.
Chatham
Reviewed 5 June 2014

We have been going to Orange Lake since 1992. We have seen enormous growth and lots of changes over the years. Our now adult children love to bring their friends here and we have brought many family and friends here over the span of 22 years. We have always had excellent accommodations and have always had any issue dealt with immediately by the staff. As owners we have upgraded a couple of times. The resort sales department seems to have gotten more aggressive since the merger with Hoilday Inn. We will never go on another tour because of the lack of integrity displayed by the last sales person we encountered. That being said, we will cheerfully decline the offer for an update and carry on to enjoy the wonderful accomodations and amenities.

Room Tip: We tend to stay at River Island although we own in the west and east villages.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Carver, Massachusetts
Reviewed 5 June 2014

My husband and I had received a week long stay as a wedding gift last year at river island through a family member who has a timeshare although we loved the river island the lazy river ect we were bombarded with phone calls for a tour presentation from 8 am the next morning after arriving at 11 pm the night before until we attended the tour that was suppose to only take one hour! Four hours later and after a day wasted and not visiting the parks as we planned on that day ,and after several times telling 3 the pushy sales people No My husband bought a 1 week stay Latitude package to use on our 1 year anniversary this year. Big mistake! We had checked in early this year to enjoy our vacation but was told nothing was available until 4 pm which was fine. When we had finally got to our condo way over in the east village we were surprised to have a big two bedroom that looked nice to begin with but was actually very dirty the white sheets we had to wash immediately because of several stains that looked like feces which we had to use other sheets. The pool in the east wing was disgusting and looked like it had not been clean in awhile maybe weeks. The Jacuzzi in the master bathroom was dirty and filled up with blue water and when we called maintenance we were told an engineer would be over shortly to look at it and nobody ever came. To top off and ruin our vacation we showed up for the tour presentation and was told we could not take the tour because my husband had been recently laid off and made under $ 50.000. We were told to call a number at the resort and found out they were going to charge us $700 for being disqualified from the tour, although we showed up and told them we would still take the tour. So $ 700 plus $1500 we had already paid to stay there in the first place because my husband made under $50.000 and had been laid off a few months before our stay , not to mention we have a baby on the way. This place is a scam and I honestly do not know how they get away with taking your credit card and charging it for certain situations that are out of our control. Scam scam scam beware and stay elsewhere this is not a nice family friendly resort as they claim to be This is a scam and money greedy resort that doesn't care about the families who stay there they just care about the money ! We will never stay there again and I would highly recommend anyone who is thinking of staying there or buying to go elsewhere!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
10 Thank Tracey M
Hello Tracey. Thank you for staying with us and welcome back from your recent stay. It’s great that you had an opportunity to spend some time with us for a post-wedding getaway. We’re sorry to hear that your tour during that visit ran a bit long but happy to see that you found a Latitudes package that best fit your needs. Out Latitudes package contracts are very specific on the tour qualifications, which are reviewed up reception of the paperwork and at confirmation. We apologize for any inconvenience this caused or if there was any confusion regarding the tour details. We thank you again for your candid feedback and hope for your consideration in the future as a possible vacation destination.
Antrim, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 June 2014

My family have a timeshare apartment at the tennis court villas. The apartment is very high specification and has absolutely everything you should need. 3 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, fully serviced kitchen and washing and drying machines. I've been here 8 times over the last 20 years and I love it. The resort is massive and is double the size it was 20 years ago and has loads of things to do to keep you and your family entertained. It's also only 15 minutes drive from Disney! We are all heading back in October 2014 and we can't wait. It's much better than staying in a hotel, it just feels like home!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Thank Joanne and Davi... D
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 4 June 2014

We have stayed on this property many times. It is a huge community that is also a timeshare community. The best piece of advice that I can give you so that will enjoy your vacation is at check-in, tell them to place your phones on no contact. You will still get some recordings about activities but you will not get the sale calls. If that doesn't work, disconnect your phone. Right at check-in, once complete they will want to give you a voucher but of course people will have to walk you over to the other welcome desks where if you really want something, you will have to attend some type of sales presentation. I just ripped my so called coupon off and handed it to the person who was going to walk us over. I said, no thanks.

Our stay was wonderful. We stay in the West village which is the oldest village but they keep everything up to date. We were there for a quiet vacation and we enjoyed all the pools had to offer. There are as many activities as you want to participate in. The resort is cashless so plan on putting everything on your room key. There are a couple of exceptions to that rule. We also found staff to be much more attentive than in past years and it was appreciated as we had a couple of small fix its that needed to be attended to.

There are plenty of restaurants around the resort if you don't like to cook on vacation. Meals inside the resort are a bit pricey. The East side of this property backs up to Disney's Animal Kingdom, so if you are going to Disney, this place is a great choice off property.

Also for those that have not been here, the two bedroom West Village units have a King Bed in the Master and two queen size beds in the other room. There is also a pullout couch for sleeping in the living room. WiFi is free at your unit and there is a safe available for valuables within the unit.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Todd B
Thank you for your feedback and your thoughts, we’re glad to hear from you. It looks like your stay met your expectations and that is great to see. Service is a top priority to us and it’s pleasing that you specifically mentioned our staff’s attentiveness. Our resort is very close to the action of Kissimmee and the Orlando area, just minutes from the attractions, many restaurants, and shops. We hope to see you again soon for more vacation fun and relaxation.
Shingle Springs
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Marketing offered me a "great" deal, $199 for 3/4 days, after seminar I would receive $$199 back. I called twice to confirm before we left. First girl, Sherra said she saw no reservation, so she set it up for May 12, we already had our plane reservations. When I called back the next day (Saturday before our trip) there were no reservations I then talked to Heidi, who arranged everything at the Orange Lake site again, she gave me their phone number and address. We fly into Orlando at 10 p.m. Shuttle could not find hotel, so it is now midnight before he drops us off. Surprise, they have no reservation for us at Orange Lake, but they did have one at the Holiday Inn 30 miles away, if I would have know this I would have had taxi take us to correct hotel. It is now 1:30 am, we have to call a taxi, it cost us $50. We were completely irrate. Then they tell us we have to be back to Orange Lake at 8 AM, and you have to take the taxi back to Orange Lake, another $50 then get back to our lousy Holiday Inn for another taxi ride, $50. We would have gotten 2 hours sleep. There was no shuttle even to WDW, they were too far away. We just gave up on the whole situation, checked out of lousy hotel, had to pay another $50 for taxi to decent hotel at WDW. This is definitely a BAIT AND SWITCH, of which I will report to FCC. Here's the worse part. I have cancer, wanted some joy in my life between my surgery and chemotherapy. They ruined my vacation.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
10 Thank grandmacinderella
Greetings, thank you for your feedback. We appreciate you taking advantage of one of our discounted packages and giving us an opportunity to be a part of your vacation getaway. We’re disappointed to see that there may have been a miscommunication regarding your package details and reservation. For our packages, we do sometimes offer partner hotels of similar quality as preferred accommodations. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. We have sent you a private message to learn a bit more about your experience. We look forward to hearing from you. Thank you.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kissimmee
Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek
#26 of 152 in Kissimmee
Polynesian Isles Resort
Polynesian Isles Resort
#2 of 152 in Kissimmee

Been to Holiday Inn Club Vacations At Orange Lake Resort? Share your experiences!