Just got back from a weekend at Orange Lake and it was fantastic! Had one hiccup with a bar tab, not sure if it was a mistake or if it's their policy but our credit card was run after every drink we got. So we had numerous escalating charges for one bar tab. They assured us they will drop off, but it tied up almost $100 in our account which if you're traveling on a tight budget is a disaster.
When we checked in the front desk staff was wonderful. She handed us off to the clipboard gal and because I'm not one for confrontation I politely said we had to meet someone and we didn't need the $20 coupon. The girl very rudely replied "well you could've just said that then" and then stomped off. Other than that, our stay was awesome!
We didn't get one phone call for the 3 days we were there. The room was way beyond our expectation of what we booked. Frankly, it was larger than my first apartment! We had a one bedroom and some friends of ours had a 2 bedroom. They were both great.
All in all, we will DEFINITELY go back. The main pool area was great, never had a problem finding chairs. Very tropical.
Plenty of restaurants on property and in the immediate vicinity. Very convenient to the parks if that's what you want to do. We always stay on Disney property so we had very high expectations of this place. It didn't disappoint.
If it weren't for the rude clipboard girl and the drink tab snafu, I would say it was a perfect vacation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Premiere Family Vacation Resort in Orlando. The Holiday Inn Club Vacations Resort offers your family an unparalleled Florida vacation experience. Our Orange Lake Resort is next door to Walt Disney World Parks and Animal Kingdom. At our resort in Orlando you'll discover the wonders of a 12-acre Waterpark with a tropical lazy river, 7 pools and an 80-acre lake with watersports. You can even watch your little ones dance in concert with a dancing fountain. Get a head start on the fun with your own personal attraction ticket concierge located in the lobby at check in. Our 1450-acre Orlando resort hotel offers each member of the family interactive activities like the Gatorland Alligator Show where you can meet a gator face-to-face, 36 holes of fun at the West Village Putt-Putt Golf, a bowling alley, arcades and 54 holes of golf. What's more, we even provide a convenient shuttle to all our resort's activities. Our villas pamper you with the unexpected amenities like spa-inspired baths and fully equipped kitchens. Our deluxe Orlando resort provides a grocery shopping service, nine restaurants and did we mention free parking and high-speed Internet access? Your perfect Florida vacation begins at Orange Lake Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Southall Travel, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Club Vacations At Orange Lake Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Kissimmee
- Orange Lake Resort And Country Club
- Orange Lake Kissimmee
- Orange Lake Resort Country Club
- Kissimmee Holiday Inn
- Orange Lake Country Club
- Orange Lakes West Village
- Orange Lake Resort Florida
- Orange Lake West Village
- Orange Lake Resort Orlando