We stayed in the West Village and was within walking distance of the registration desk/West Village Pool.
• We loved our two bedroom condo. King Bed Suite, two queens in the other room, full kitchen and eating area. Things were clean and well maintained.
• Pools – We used three of the four main pool areas. The boys loved the north village pool as it had volleyball and basketball. It was busy at each location, but we never felt overly crowded. We love our drinks poolside both w/ and w/o alcohol. Most were in the $8 -$10 area which is to be expected. The boys were particularly fond of the mud slides which they consumed at a ridiculous pace.
• As everyone has stated and it goes w/o being said, but this place is huge. You will have to drive or take shuttles to each location.
• Golf – For us the best deal at the resort is the Legends Walk golf. I pay for me and the kids play for free. It was $45 for four of us on the par 3 course. Is it the best course around… probably not. However it was pretty well maintained. We paid more for green fees at a miniature golf course down the road than actually playing. My only recommendation is to get more water jugs out on the course (there is one water fountain). Our tee time as at 10:00 a.m. and it was blazing hot. I was actually the only one who finished as the kids kept dropping off.
• We were never bothered by the time share presentation folks. We got zero calls while we were in our unit. The light was blinking the whole time we were there, but not harassed in the least.
• Every employee we encountered was top notch. Smile on their face and always willing to help or answer questions.
• Plenty of activities around the West Village pool w/ trivia, bag toss and some other games I can’t recall.
• Love/hate that it’s a cashless resort. The boys were into their second mud slide of the day before lunch and they quickly realized all they needed was a room key for them to swipe.
• Great family atmosphere. The pools were filled w/ families.
• Upgrade the toilet paper in the units. In my travels I believe you can directly correlate the status of the hotel with the quality of the toilet paper. This doesn’t match up for Orange Lake.
• Our final meal at Orange Lake was at Legacy Sports Bar. The only person who was satisfied with their meal was the five year old and his grilled cheese. Everything seemed “micro waved” and was by far the worst meal we had on our trip. They also had karaoke going on which did provide a level of entertainment. It was essentially the same three people singing over and over again. I also wouldn’t consider this a “sports bar”. They have slapped this label on it, but it’s just a restaurant with four or five tv’s. On a positive note the wait staff and management were very good, but the food is not good at all.
• We had to do some creative booking as I used reward nights and special promo rate. Over $500 in “courtesy holds” were put on our credit card that will eventually be credited back, but still seemed like an excessive amount. If you are using a debit card please be aware of this.
• Gas at the Mobile @ I-4 and I-Drive was $5.19 a gallon.
We plan on coming back next year!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Premiere Family Vacation Resort in Orlando. The Holiday Inn Club Vacations Resort offers your family an unparalleled Florida vacation experience. Our Orange Lake Resort is next door to Walt Disney World Parks and Animal Kingdom. At our resort in Orlando you'll discover the wonders of a 12-acre Waterpark with a tropical lazy river, 7 pools and an 80-acre lake with watersports. You can even watch your little ones dance in concert with a dancing fountain. Get a head start on the fun with your own personal attraction ticket concierge located in the lobby at check in. Our 1450-acre Orlando resort hotel offers each member of the family interactive activities like the Gatorland Alligator Show where you can meet a gator face-to-face, 36 holes of fun at the West Village Putt-Putt Golf, a bowling alley, arcades and 54 holes of golf. What's more, we even provide a convenient shuttle to all our resort's activities. Our villas pamper you with the unexpected amenities like spa-inspired baths and fully equipped kitchens. Our deluxe Orlando resort provides a grocery shopping service, nine restaurants and did we mention free parking and high-speed Internet access? Your perfect Florida vacation begins at Orange Lake Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Odigeo, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, TravelUp, Hotels.com, IHG, Southall Travel, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Club Vacations At Orange Lake Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Kissimmee
- Orange Lake Resort And Country Club
- Orange Lake Kissimmee
- Orange Lake Resort Country Club
- Kissimmee Holiday Inn
- Orange Lake Country Club
- Orange Lakes West Village
- Orange Lake Resort Florida
- Orange Lake West Village
- Orange Lake Resort Orlando