“Beautiful place, but......”

Holiday Inn Club Vacations At Orange Lake Resort
Ranked #18 of 155 Hotels in Kissimmee
Reviewed 23 July 2014

My stay was nice. Except for 3 problems. Don't get me wrong, this place is beautiful, fun, huge. Did i mention huge. Maybe thats why I got locked out of my room for nearly 45 mins. They have to put a ticket in and then you wait your turn. We didnt get to swim in the lazy river but 10min because some little kid had pooped in the swimming pool and they shut it down for about an hour. Didnt want to wait. The last incident was my son had slept in a urine smelly bed. Of course poor thing didnt mention it until the next morning. I called front office to tell them they had given us a room with a urinated bed. They said they were going to take care of it ASAP. Mind u this was 7am morning. It was 11:30am and still nothing and we had plans to go to the amusement parks. We left, return back around 10pm. Still nothing. I had a recorder on my machine asking if they had resolve the problem. NO! So I called them and they sent some one with new sheets. I pulled of the sheets and there is a big ring of smelly urine on the bed. I was not going to let my son sleep on that bed a second night. I called them again and they said sorry, they would bring me a new matress. On the third morning, I get a knock on the door and it was a service man with a cleaning vaccum. NO! By this time I was not pleased with it all. I called front office again and asked to move rooms. Sorry mame, we are all book so they say. I said well then, I want a matress ASAP. Of course they still have to but in a TICKET and then wait your turn....smh. We stayed all the way in the East so maybe that had something to do with it. Far to the back of the resort. Just sayin

Room Tip: East end take for ever to get service.
9  Thank lulumolin99
HIClubSpecialist, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations At Orange Lake Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Hi there. Thanks for giving us an opportunity to be a part of your getaway to the Orlando area. Although we’re happy that you found the resort to be beautiful and your stay enjoyable overall, we’re disheartened to hear about some of the details of your visit. We certainly apologize for any delays you experienced while having your concerns addressed by our team. We’re sorry also that some of your in-villa furnishings fell short of the quality standards that we strive to offer at Holiday Inn Club Vacations. We have sent you a private message in an effort to learn more about your experience and address your concerns personally. We look forward to hearing from you soon, thank you.

Write a ReviewReviews (6,151)

Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

One bit of advice don't get sucked into the timeshare tour. Let them know you are there to enjoy yourselves. Also disconnect the phones.

This was our second visit to the resort and we absolutely loved it! It was 12 and a half of us in a 3 bedroom villa. It was a perfect fit!! The master has a king sized bed, nice flat screen and the restroom is HUGE with a nice jacuzzi bath and separate shower. The second bedroom has a queen, sofa sleeper and bathroom. The third bedroom has two queens and a bathroom next to it. Washer and dryer installed in the villa. They also have kitchen essentials if you would like to cook. The balcony is covered with mesh to keep the critters out. The living area had a sofa sleeper as well. All rooms had T.V.s. Overall it was a very comfortable stay.

There are many activities on the resort. Water sports (fee), swimming, fishing (catch and release), arcades, golf, and much more. They have karaoke and contests as well. Happy hour is from 4 to 6.

There are many restaurants in the vicinity such as Joe's crap shack, Texas road house, Carrabas, Applebees, pizza hut and many more. Target is conveniently located across the resort and Walgreens just a couple of streets down. There are MANY souvenir shops down the street.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank arincon05
HIClubSpecialist, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations At Orange Lake Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Hi there! It was great to recently have you with us and welcome back from your stay. It’s wonderful to see that your villa gave you plenty of space and really helped you to have a stress-free vacation. We see that our resort activities helped to keep the good times rolling all vacation long. We hope to see you again soon for more vacation fun with us!

Reviewed 23 July 2014

Booked as a timeshare visit, so we did not get bothered by phone calls during our stay. 2 bedroom/2 bath unit on the 5th floor of the West units. Overlooked golf course, which was nice but they start grooming at 7 am. Not a huge problem for us since we were up early to go to Disney. Unit was clean, comfortable, and about 15 minutes with traffic to the parks. No issues as seen in other reviews. 1 "palmetto bug" on 2nd morning, but it could have crawled in under gap in front door. Door was only problem item since it would not fully shut on its' own.

Did not really use the River Island pol area, but it looked nice for kids, and was not crowded when we walked through at 8 pm. West pool was clean, warm, and well maintained. No lifeguards are present. Exercise rom was average, but adequate for our use. Ate at Legends, and it was very good. Tuesday was Taco bar night, and even my wife ate it.

Publix on property made it convenient to purchase food and supplies needed. Prices were abiut the same at home, with plenty of variety. Paesano's pizza place was closed by 11 pm, so no late dinner for us that night. Several dining options available on property, but we did not visit.

We ended up buying a unit, based upon our IHG membership, and Samanthea's sales skills. It was not a high pressure sale. They explain the property and how membership works there. Also tied in with RCI, so you can choose from there as well as Holiday Inn Vacation Club properties. 5 hours of meeting, but they were very thorough and we had many questions. Paperwork pile took 1 and 1/2 hours of that time period.

Overall we were pleased with property and staff. They are condos, so don't expect maid service unless you want to pay extra. Garbage chute was located right next to elevator, so not sure what other people's issues were with garbage disposal.

We would recommend if you need space, privacy, enjoy golf, and want a place with activities/pools for the kids.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank The-Flying-Circus

It was our pleasure to be able to host you at our resort for your recent getaway. We very much appreciate your thorough review and feedback. Congratulations on being a new owner and welcome to the Holiday Inn Club family. We’re glad that we could offer a vacation experience that met your expectations and one that, as we continue to improve, you will enjoy for many years to come! We look forward to the opportunity to host you again soon. Thanks again for sharing your experience.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

This is a luxurious resort with everything you need within 10 minute drive from the various Disney resorts. The resort is 30 minutes drive from the Airport.
Tickets to the Disney resorts is available for sale at the resort reception.
We stayed in a 2 bedroom unit with 2 bathrooms. The units are well equipped with everything needed. This is an ideal resort for Golf lovers or families with kids.
Their is various swimming pools and game activities
The only thing I missed at the resort is a Barbeque

Room Tip: The North Village is excellent, Big Fully equipped Units, quite and next to the Golf Course The Riv...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

It’s wonderful to hear about your experience with us. It looks like you were able to explore and see all that our resort has to offer during your visit, and we’re glad you did! We can’t be happier to know that your villa was just what you were looking for and helped you to relax. You’re welcome back anytime for more vacation fun in the Orlando-area. Thanks so much!

Reviewed 23 July 2014

I must warn all priorty club platium members who are looking for a nice place to stay with the family. Once You get there your told because your a priority guest that you have a free gift. They prob will offer a bottle of wine or free admission to a park of your choice. Then the usual hour tour they tell you. Well after most of the day wasted because they do not let you walk away. I literally walked to my car in tears and had a sales manager come to get me from the car. I was so overwelmed that I actually agreed to purchase. The place was nice but in no way was I ready to do this. They make the payments seem so affordable low monthly. I paid my down payment then agreed to something like 200 per month. Well in one month they took out ten 200 payments . My checking account was a mess. I called the resort to help and reverse there error but was told nothing could be done. This may not seem like alot to some of you but im disabled and on a fixed income so to me it was life changeing. I had bills being overdrafted. I fell behind in my regular mortgage. And all of this for a booked two night stay that had nothing to do with time shares. I was a faithful holiday inn customer before this and earned many points in doing so. All i was doing was using a few of my saved points for a 2 day vacation wirh my daughter and granddaughter. I had to fight for the promised ticket for universal that we never got a chance to use because they wasted my entire day. Then as if that werent enough they continued to take additional payments the following month till i had to close my bank account. I never received my card as promised once down payment was paid i was supposed to receive points for my 2 weeks plus an additional 2 weeks. I never even got one night. My points never were given to me after paying thousands. I then received a letter that my account was closed. What a rip off. They stole my money. Destroyed my bank account refused to make good for anything. Gave me nothing. Then had the nerve to close my account. Please beware yes its a beautiful place but there are so many like it in the area stay clear of that place because they are good sales people and like I said I walked away went to my car in tears and they came and got me. Once in there trap its impossible to get away and they dont care if your family vacation is ruined just as long as they make that sale. Sorry this is so long but I just wanted to let everyone know how this place is. I hope I save someones vacation by telling my story. K.T New Jersey

Room Tip: Go to another of the hundreds of beautiful resorts. Dont ruin your holiday by going here. Trust me t...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
14  Thank K B

Hello. Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. Although we’re glad that you feel that our resort is well-appointed and beautiful, we’re disappointed to hear about your presentation and tour experience. We apologize if you felt pressured or trapped in any way. Our tours are 90 minutes long and completely voluntary. Once the 90 minutes are over you are free to depart from the presentation. We’d like to have an opportunity to address this personally with you and have sent you a private message in an attempt to do so. We look forward to hearing from you soon, thank you.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

The room and amenities are unmatched. Have stayed here numerous times and it keeps getting better. For under 120 a night, I had 2 BR/2B with a king, 2 queens and a pull out sofa that slept all 7 of us. Very spacious rooms, full kitchen with dish soap and dishwasher soap. Dishes, glasses, silverware. Washer and dryer with 5 boxes of soap. We spent a day at the largest of the pools with lazy river. The not so good...shuttle service is unpredictable, never used, walked over a mile both ways and never saw one on my side of the road. Signing at night is terrible, poorly lit. At check in had a hot pizza, but they ushered us over to the vacation desk afterward for a quick sell on a time share so pizza was only warm when we got to the room. Many things for kids to keep busy. I will return here.

Room Tip: All rooms have been good so far
2  Thank GreeneLantern

Thanks for continuing to choose our resort for your return visits to the Orlando area. It’s wonderful to know that our spacious villas are the perfect accommodation for you and your larger family. We know that it can be tough sometimes to find an activity that everyone will enjoy and that’s why we offer a wide variety of activities and amenities for every age. We’re sorry if our vacation desk caused any delays to the start of your vacation. The information that they have about the Club and our property tours can help shape your vacation future. We’d love to see you all again soon!

Reviewed 22 July 2014

We had a 2 bedroom villa right on the golf course in the West Village. The villa was clean, spacious and very comfortable. The beds were wonderful. It was tastefully decorated with up to date furnishings & artwork. We were within walking distance to the pool area in the West Village. It had two large pools, snack shack, mini golf, arcade & bar/restaurant. They had daily activities at one of the pools. I did my research before we went, so I knew they were a cashless resort and certain items would be charged for. Since I knew this, it was not a problem. It seems a lot of the reviewers that had problems were not aware of this.
The resort is located very near a Publix grocery store and a SuperTarger. Tons of restaurants nearby. It was a 10 minute drive to the Disney Parks & Downtown Disney, a 20 minute drive to Universal Parks & Sea World. We will definitely return to this property.

Room Tip: Villas in the West Village are quieter than River Island. Try to get a villa that backs up to the go...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
HIClubSpecialist, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations At Orange Lake Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Thanks for sharing your experience with us. We appreciate you giving us your feedback about your recent stay. It looks like you enjoyed our West Village and we can’t be happier. From the spacious villa to the Water’s Edge activities, we’re glad that we helped you have an enjoyable visit. In addition, we’re glad that our location added to your stay as well, being just minutes away from many restaurants, shopping, and attractions. We’d love to have you back again and hope to see you soon!