“Not for a family holiday”

Shining Light Inn & Suites
Ranked #124 of 154 Hotels in Kissimmee
Reviewed 4 September 2012

I never read the other reviews properly prior to booking.  Overall rating was impressive , I think.  We only wanted a place to sleep between hitting the parks so the extras didn't mean much so we stuck with it but won't be going back.  Reception was manned but locked when we arrived, 22:00ish. Booked in relatively ok no problems with the staff member but not an impressive greeting. Round the corner to the car park, should have known then, cars with no wings, flat tyres, older cars obviously not rentals most if not all were there for the 13  nights that we were there.  Ground floor room, a bit dated and not the cleanest.  Overheard interesting conversations that some of the other guests were having on their mobiles, highlighted that they were not holiday makers but people looking for a cheap bed for a while, certainly never encouraged us to stay there.  Someone else described it as more like a halfway house thas not too far away with the description.  House keeping was poor never changed bedding in the 13 nights.  Bins were not emptied on a daily basis so from that its safe to assume that house keeping was not done on a daily basis either.  We never paid a lot but quite sure that we could have got a lot better for very little more.  We will put it down as a learning experience so please learn at our expense and steer well clear.

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Shining Light Inn & Suites

Reviewed 8 July 2012

We were booked in for a couple of weeks, we stayed for one very sleepless night.. Dirty, no wardrobe, not the name advertised (is this legal?) it's called Goldstar Inn... it's a motel, shower head rusty, bath marked with cigarette burns, air conditioning noisy, curtains hanging off the rail.. bed felt damp, I was actually afraid to take off my clothes because the place had such an awful atmosphere, we thought we'd be murdered in the night....
Close it down.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Geraldine F
Reviewed 7 June 2012

The Hotel name is Goldstar Inn. Is near everything but the MOTEL is dirty. The rooms have fridge and microwave but the rooms are old and dirty. The towels was dirty and have long hairs in it. The bath tub have mold and stains. Doors were damaged and the security lock of the door was screwed a lot of times. The lobby is in nice condition and in the mornings they have coffe. But this motel is too dirty to stay. In the weekends the motel get a little busy of people and you heard people talking and walking til 4 am. I will not stay here any more.

Room Tip: Rooms on the right side have more movement than the left side. Makes you feel more secure.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jose F
Reviewed 23 April 2012

hotel was rated three star but it is a one star tv did not work, air conditioner was loud, the name was different on sign overall not a very pleasant stay would not recommend to anyone.

Room Tip: do not recommend
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 March 2012

This hotel was a NIGHTMARE!!! DO NOT STAY HERE!!!.. The room was disgusting dirty, The staff had an attitude when I arrived the room I had booked was not available. They said they were putting in the a better room. The cabinet was broken, carpet and bed appear as if they have not been cleaned..the towels where dirty along with the sheets, There were no safes in the room..no wifi connection that I could fine.. The room smelled and when I called expedia I was told we can try and get your money back. Expedia call the hotel and the person from the front desk call my room at 7:30 am in the morning with an attitude. This is the worse hotel I have ever stay at. no irons in the room. The clean the bathroom and made it look worse with stain.. I could not believe. DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL SAVE YOURSELF

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
6  Thank Joe C
Reviewed 14 July 2011

The only thing that lacks is closet. Excellent customer service. Great air conditioner. Very clean. If you are in a budget, this is the place to stay.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Ultimately
Reviewed 13 May 2011

I understand this is only like 25 bucks a night, but I at least expected it to be decent. We reserved 3 nights and checked out by the 2nd night. I rated it a 1 but it is definately a ZERO star. Why?

1. Bad smell in room
2. TV didn't work
3. Towels were dirty
4. Bed was dirty (We had to go to walmart and buy a blanket because it was too gross to sleep on)
5. Floors were filty (I had to wear shoes because it was so sticky)
6. Pool was green
7. Walls were dirty
8. The smell of the room made my clothes smell bad
9. Hardly any water came out of the faucets
10. Did not feel safe
11. Worst hotel I have ever heard about or stayed in
12. No hairdryer, phone, alarm clock, iron
13. The description says it has a fridge and a microwave....IT DOES NOT.
14. All of the furniture was ruined and/or chipped

Unless you don't mind all of this, stay here. We transferred to Springhill by Marriott and it was $30 more a night...WELL worth the extra money. The Marriott made us feel like royalty compared to Gold Star. Do NOT stay at Gold Star...it's beyond nasty.

Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple