“better than a hotel room”
Review of Buena Vista Motel

Buena Vista Motel
Ranked #102 of 154 Hotels in Kissimmee
Reviewed 6 August 2008

I found a site that sold the night stays at $19.00 for the first 2 nights and then the price jumped to $50.00 per night. We normally stay at Summer Bay Resorts or Westgate Resorts. This place did not compare to either however, it was great compared to any high price hotel. We had the smallest room that was equipped with a king size bed and a sofa sleeper with a full kitchen. The door way leading into the suite was musty and dirty but we were only there for seconds at a time. Breakfast was very simple. The staff were NOT friendly. The location is wonderful. Minutes from Sea World, Disney and Universal. We were able to veiw all three park's fireworks at the same time. Lake view OK, pool needed some help and no tiki bar. We were busy doing so much that we did not use the pool area. Shopping right across the street along with mini golf. This was very conveinant since we had the Orlando Go Card and activites were in walking distance.
I would suggetst staying here first before going to a 5 star resort but for a quick stop over you can't beat the price.. I am planning to go there summer of 2009 for a week before we stay at Orange Lake Resorts for our second week in Orlando. Prices are high and gas is worse so a penny saved is well worth the dirt.

• Stayed: July 2006, travelled with family

Reviewed 19 July 2007

They charge an additional $5 key deposit which gets returned at check out. Items in room very old. Lampshades looked from the 50's and would crumble if you touched them. Bathroom countertop had large chips. Bathroom had small roaches. Walls were dirty. Had a room on the bottom floor. Ceiling had water leak stains and large chipped paint. Bed very firm, feels like a box. Small roaches in the bathroom.

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lou R
Reviewed 25 April 2007

I love this little motel! The service is very nice, and the staff is always willing to help. I vacation alot in Florida, and just recently found this motel 2 years ago. I drove by it and walked in for a cheap motel because of a bad experience with a hotel up the street. I needed a room quick, and this was the cheapest I came across. The rooms are neat and clean. The bathrooms are bright and clean. I have not used the pool, but it looks nice where you just want to jump in. The beds are nice, and the sheets neat and clean. It smells fresh when you walk in. The air conditioner cools down the room very quickly. What a great hidden little gem! I love it, and definetly coming back in June to stay! Very close to Disney, Sea World and all other attractions. I like the location beacause of all the shopping and tourist attractions and restaurants. Excellent price for the quality of the motel.

• Stayed: May 2006, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 April 2007

My review is not unlike the one before mine. The room smelt musty upon entrance and was not ventilated. The carpets were so dirty in fact that we all kept our shoes on. My young son wore sandals on the bottom of his feet the entire time or they would turn black. Next, believe it or not, I actually put out my back for 24 hrs. because the sofa had no spring support left in it. It gets worse. The bathtub would not drain properly and so after our showers we would be standing in 8 inches of shower water. Also no bathroom fan and paint peeling throughout. The water smelt like well water to boot.
To be fair, the pool area was nice and so was the outdoor hot tub, but the Tikibar they advertize was closed because they lost their liquor license. This is a $49 dollar a night room, not $120 like they advertize. Wouldnt stay here again if they offered me free accomodation. A definate pass for me.

• Stayed: April 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank charandr
Reviewed 8 March 2007

Stayed here on Feb. 22, 23 and 24th. The room is a good size with a fridge, stove and microwave. The room could have been cleaned a little better and the tub was peeling. Wouldn't get a bath here. I have certainly stayed in worse. We liked the deck by the lake but the walkways, stairs etc need some repair , most of the wood is ripe. It was average and we wouldn't stay here again. The location is pretty good. If you arte looking for a resonable priced unit with room than this minght be the place for you.

• Stayed: February 2007, travelled with family
1  Thank CBTOURIST
Reviewed 22 February 2007

First off, if you want a 5 star resort, go to the Peabody or Gaylord Palms. If you want clean, affordable, convenient accomodations this is it!! Definite three star plus hotel.This place is located at mile marker 12 on RT 192, just about 5 miles from the Disney entrance. Also, right around the corner from RT 535 which gives you a direct route (about 5 miles) to downtown Disney also.

Word of advice, if you book this thru ANOTHER website, be sure to call the hotel directly to confirm. Our reservations were listed under a wholesaler, so I had to call the website customer service. They called the hotel directly then called me back within one hour to re-confirm my reservation. I then re-called the hotel and "Mary" told me all was confirmed.

We rented the executive suite with king bed. Bed was fine. Pillows were thin but I used three so no big deal. Had a full kitchen. Took advantage of the continental breakfast pastries and drove to the nearest Dunkin Donuts for our morning coffee. This is not a knock on the breakfast offered, I'm just partial to DD coffee. Cont breakfast was standard juice, bagels, pastry, make your own waffles, cereal, and egg breakfast sandwiches made to order for an extra $2.25.

We had a room at the back of building #8 with a view of the lake. Definitely ask for rooms in the back......they are much quieter.
Also, if you dont like to walk to the pool or breakfast, ask for a room in buildings #1 thru 4. These are closest to the pool etc.

Your cc will be charged IN FULL at checkin, so make sure you review the quoted rate. Be advised that they add on a $6.50 a day resort fee........and its non-negotiable. Basically covers the breakfast cost and in-room safe rental. I really didnt care since I still got a good deal even with this added in.

Daily maid service was fine. She even washed our dishes!!
I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: February 2007
5  Thank ak151
Reviewed 20 February 2007

We checked into Lake Suites Hotel after 9 idyllic days at a Walt Disney World Resort (Animal Kingdom Lodge and Port Orleans Riverside). We were unable to extend our stay on property due to the influx of guests for the Daytona 500 weekend.
We arrived to check in encountering a very rude woman at the desk, who told us as soon as we walked in the door that she could not check us in because her computer was down. Although she did proceed to check us in after we said our ressies were through Hotels.com. We were also nervous because a lady came in while we were checking in to get toilet paper for her roon. If there had been a chance of getting another room anywhere else within an hour of Disney that night my husband who is normally--very calm and even keeled would have done it.
Lake Suites is not new and is in need of a good deal of cosmetic work on the exterior and interior of the property. Upon entering the Family Suite we were hit with the musty, moldy smell in our dark room. There was very little lighting, the couches were dingy and old as were the bedspreads. As we were all tired and thirsty, I went to the kitchen for glasses for water and found all the dishes to be too dirty to use--I went back to the van and got us all bottles of water instead. There were 5 of us who all wore socks or our shoes in the room the whole time so we wouldn't touch the floor. We also went back to the van to get blankets for my daughter to sleep on the pull out sofa instead of using the not too good looking blanket provided. The sheets on the beds and the towels appeared to be clean based on how they looked and smelled. The shower was tiny. We were awakened several times through the night to the sounds of sirens going down the highway just across the driveway from our room.
Not at all restful or a place I would feel comfortable staying with my family or anyone else I know of again. As a longshot, this might be an acceptable place for those who don't do a lot of travel or have very high expectations of service or quality. Even if you are on a budget--save a few more pennies and stay somewhere else!!

6  Thank chefmmie