“Riviera Motel. My room next to office was clean.”
Review of Riveria Motel

Riveria Motel
Riveria Motel
Ranked #128 of 153 Hotels in Kissimmee
Macclenny, Florida
“Riviera Motel. My room next to office was clean.”
Reviewed 21 January 2013

I stayed at the Riviera Motel because I was looking for something cheap and I had arrived in town after dark. It was the first cheap-looking motel I saw. I was appropriately greeted at the front desk by a India lady. Their living quarters are ajacent to the lobby and it did smell of curry, not marijuana. The rate is $30 single plus tax. My assigned room was right next to the office. I found the room and bedding spotless. Plenty of clean towels.
I did not need to shower but did notice there was no shower head on the pipe. TVs worked fine. There was no noise or any annoyances while I was there.
I didn't see a phone in the room but do have a cell phone anyhow.
The room was well-lighted and appropriately furnished. There are some chain restaurants a couple miles up the road and I stopped and ate at the Denny's. There is an Outback Steakhouse up the road about 4 miles.
The pool is covered for the winter I guess.
Plenty of free parking.
I think I got my moneysworth.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank MensaBrite

Business
Reviewed 16 June 2012

First of I'm going to start by saying that I couldn't find any other hotel that wasn't booked in a 20 mile radius. It was funny to me that we were the only ones that were staying here. The main office reeked of marijuana when we went in. As I talked to the Indian dude he opened the key door and as he gave me my key he winked and said " have fun" which was weird af. I got to the room and I would have felt safer and cleaner of I pitched a tent at the county landfill. The room was hotter than two rats having s@x in a wool sock. I took a shower in the rain instead of the shower because there was blood residue. Also found some white powder in the bath room could have been bath salt, or cocaine idk but it was deffientlt scary. Now to the beds I slept in we're harder than a rock and the sheets haven't been washed at all an I picked off two ticks and I just got back from the lOcal Clinic and they said I have BED BUGS. Eww. And lastly which really set me off. I got back to the motel around 4 am from clubbing and I seen a really rough African male that was assaulting some women upstairs and the wine was screaming for help to the Indian guy that was in the office and he said " listen b!$ch you got yourself into that mess and you can get yourself out of it. I left immediately and had to leave all my stuff in the hotel and head north. The pool is covered in allununium shutters which Is weird af. Please do yourself a favor and don't stay here it's bad, real bad.

• Stayed June 2012
2 Thank Jbossss
Valencia
Reviewed 2 September 2008

That's the worst hotel in the USA. Thank God we just went there to sleep because the experience was awful.

The bathrooms are dirty, the phone doesn't work, the entire room is ugly and dirty, closets don't open.

And the worst part is that when you make your complaint to the manager or whoever is in charge, these people is rough, violent and insultive. Their work should be to attend the tourist in a good way, with entusiasm and solving any trouble, not in a unrespecteable, aggressive and discriminative way.

Those days were the worst experience we have ever had in USA.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank travelerparty
Orlando, FL
Reviewed 14 October 2006

I'll just list the terrible things at this motel.

My first room the air conditioning nor phone worked.

My second room, the air worked, but the phone didn't. (I didn't find this out until 10:50 pm when I wanted to complain about the party upstairs still going strong). When I used my cell to dial the #, it continuously said that the "operator" line was busy. I quit trying after 11, because the office closed at 11.

There were no hand towels, ice bucket, or plastic cups, and when I went to get an ice bucket I was told the ice machine was off. They did go out and turn in on, but I never went to check, I was too disgusted.

There was a handful of hair on the wall side of the tub where the stopper lever is, and I wouldn't even touch the filthy tub mat to remove it, let alone stand on it to take a shower.

The phone was so dirty I used a towel to touch it, and there were hairs both on the bottom sheet and top sheet, on the nightstand and sink.

There was a bottle cap on the lower shelf of the nightstand, clearly in view, which makes me wonder if the room was even inspected.

This was clearly a family-run motel, and the same lady who was at the front desk was cleaning rooms the next morning.

There was a light bulb out, and when I went to the front desk to get a replacement, they didn't even have one. The lady sent her young daughter into another room to take one out of a socket there so that I could have 2 lights. (The 2 small lamps between the beds were the only lights in the bedroom).

The pool did look clean, but I hope not too many people wanted to lounge because there were only 4 upright chairs!

• Liked — Location to where I needed to be.
  • Disliked — Filthy dirty
  • Tips/Secrets — Don't stay here...they are not AAA rated this year!
  • Stayed October 2006, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank vmann731
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kissimmee
Budgetel Kissimmee East
#4 of 4 in Saint Cloud
Villas at Fortune Place
Villas at Fortune Place
#40 of 153 in Kissimmee

Been to Riveria Motel? Share your experiences!