“Very large and comfortable villa”

Westgate Town Center Resort & Spa
Ranked #28 of 154 Hotels in Kissimmee
Reviewed 10 May 2012

This timeshare resort is very conveniently located to Disney parks and dining options. The one bedroom deluxe villa was large enough for our family of 4. My husband and I slept in the very comfortable king bed and our 2 daughters slept on the pullout queen sofa bed without complaint. Full kitchen, large dining area, patio, full laundry, and large jacuzzi tub were all included in the very reasonable room rate. Only complaint was that our online reservation was lost and it took 45 minutes for the surly reception staff to rebook us. The rude check in person did not even bother to say sorry for the mix up.

1  Thank Sue H
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Town Center Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2015

Thank you for taking the moment to evaluate your stay with us. It is wonderful to know that you enjoyed your accommodations. We’re glad you chose us and hope you will visit again.

Ariel

Write a ReviewReviews (1,345)

Reviewed 5 May 2012

Great Location, lots of food within 5 minutes and right next to Disney. Huge resort, but we didn't explore much because we were at the parks all day and night. Very small room, but had a mini-fridge. Clean, but window looks directly over beds and shades don't completely close so that was pretty creepy.

Room Tip: With the right room location you can see the Disney fireworks. Ask when you check in.
1  Thank thekups

Thank you for your review. As you experienced, we are located close to Walt Disney World and we also offer complimentary scheduled shuttle service to and from the surrounding theme parks. We do hope that you stop back and visit us again and try out some of the amenities we offer.

Reviewed 3 May 2012

I was very skeptical of this place because of the reviews I have read. But, we went and hoped for the best. It was a wonderful place so much to do movie theater, lots of amenitys, game room. Most important of all the rooms were very clean the pool area was clean.They provide transportation to most of the parks. We declined the tour and no one was angry or gave us a hard time. I would definetly recomend this place it was a vacation to remember!

Room Tip: We stayed in the new part the 5000.
1  Thank Michelle S

Thank you so much for your feedback. It is awesome you got to experience the Disney Movie Theater that we have on site. It is fantastic to know you enjoyed your unit. We hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 1 May 2012

We are owners and we bought last year so this was our vacation time. We spent it with 2 others and had the time of our lives. The staff was friendly everywhere you went they went beyond expectations and really looked after us well with no complaints..

Room Tip: Ask for building 6100 they are beautiful and make sure you get a 2 bedroom or a 1 bedroom instead of...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bridget791

Thank you so much for your feedback. It is so wonderful to know that we exceeded your expectations during your stay with us. We’re glad you chose us and hope you will visit again.

Reviewed 30 April 2012

I booked through hotwire.com needing a decent place to stay for an overnight trip to Old Town with my husband and 4 month old. I booked blind - which actually turned out great! I got a fantastic deal on the room and got much more than I had anticipated when it came to the hotel itself. Yes, it's a timeshare property, but they seem to be doing quite well as the mention of a timeshare presentation didn't even come up ONCE in the entire encounter with the staff. The facilities were gorgeous, as was our room. I wasn't sure what to expect room-wise as of course I booked blind, and I had been expecting the 'suite' room that's listed on their site. We didn't get that (there was only one main room and a bathroom instead of a bedroom & then sitting area as described in the suite description), but there was MORE than enough room for us and our daughter. They supplied a pack & play and a highchair as well, which was definitely a great thing since we didn't have to take it with us for just an overnight trip.

The staff were very courteous and friendly. Never once did we feel pressured to do anything. The check-in staff gave us the option of two different rooms - one with two full beds and one with a king that was just a little smaller. We took the king, and then they asked which floor we preferred. They got us a top floor so we didn't have to worry about people stomping around and waking the baby! So nice!

Once we were checked in, they directed us to the bell stand where Angel took us to our room - which was great because the place was fairly expansive and a bit hard to tell from just a room number where you were. He showed us our room and explained our amenities, making sure the go-through door was locked for us and everything.

The room itself was by far one of the best I've ever stayed in, especially for that price. A king bed with a down comforter (and an extra blanked, which was lucky since I'm allergic to down as much as I love it) with about 6 pillows. A large flat-screen tv on the wall with a dvd player, an in-room safe, a kitchenette (sink, fully stocked cabinets with dishes and silverware, convection oven/microwave combo, dishwasher and a small fridge), and one of the largest bathrooms I've ever seen in a hotel at that price point! I'd been hoping for a tub, but the shower was spacious and had a rain-shower included!

My ONLY gripe was the lack of vending/ice machines on the floors. If they were there, I couldn't find them. I also couldn't get connected to the wifi, but that would have been fixed easily had I cared enough to call. We were only there one night so it didn't matter. They also charge an $11.95 resort fee, which given the amenities on site that it gives you access to, it's worth it for a longer stay. For one night, not as much, but it was required and we didn't make a fuss.

I will definitely be staying here again, and hopefully for longer next time! Great location for a Disney trip or ANY Orlando get-away!

Room Tip: Top floors have really tall ceilings and absolutely no noise! Make sure you ask about different room...
4  Thank andiiscandiis

Thank you for sharing your vacation experience with us. It is wonderful to know you were so pleased with our resort. We have made even more improvements since you have stayed last and welcome you back!

Reviewed 26 April 2012

Recently booked it thru hotwire.com. I didn't know what to expect since I've never heard of it and it had mixed reviews. The property is very close to Walt Disney World, has restaurants and supermarkets very close by. The room was a bit small, we had a studio with a kitchenette that was good to make breakfast in the morning before heading to the parks. Bed was comfortable. Check-in was quick and the staff was friendly. Wifi was included. The thing that we didn't like was that the room wasn't cleaned during our stay. We stayed for 4 nights and the day that we're leaving, we were woken up by the cleaning lady at 8 AM. Also the walls are very thin and you can hear the guests on the rooms next to you. If you're looking a place to spend the night near the parks, that's comfortable and at a good price, it's ok, but be prepared to make your bed and take out the trash.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank megs22
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Town Center Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2013

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad you enjoyed our convenient location and comfortable beds. As a timeshare resort our housekeeping schedule does run a little differently however there is no excuse for the delays you experienced. Our housekeeping staff will be more than happy to accommodate your needs if requested. Thank you for choosing Westgate and we hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 22 April 2012

I live about 80 miles from the Orlando area so my husband and I take many..many weekend trips to the Disney area. I've stayed just about everywhere. My friends and I try this one out. Knowing Westgate and being held hostage in their sales pitch I should have known better to stay here. You get "Florida rates" just to sucker you in. You have to go to several desks at check in which when crowded can take several hours. Yes, I said hours. They try and sucker you in to their 90 minute resort tour and you get complimentary Buffett breakfast. Do Not Do this. It's where they trap their prey!! It will turn in to hours of them trying to sell you on a timeshare. I didn't do it, because I know their game, being an expert Orlando Traveler and being previously sucked into it. The game room is ok, but the Ice Cream place is so far away that you should drive to it. The deli and sports bar are not impressive at all. I wouldn't even call it a sports bar. They sell drinks at a bar and they have a tv you can watch. I was put in a handicapped room. My husband and I are not handicapped. The shower was so small bc of the fold out seat. The beds were comfortable though. Checking out you have to put all your sheets and towels by the front door & take your trash to the trash closet. Oh did I mention you have to pay $9.95 a day plus a .70 sales, and .60 Resort tax for "Resort Fees" They will lie and said its for your Ammenity Card. I hope my review will help some travelers that don't know any better stay away. Look somewhere else. This place really isn't worth all the hassle and harassment you will get. Trust me..you'll find out if you chose to stay here.

Room Tip: My tip is to not stay here! You'll find a much better place
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
10  Thank Mandy J
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Town Center Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2013

Thank you so much for your feedback. We are a timeshare resort and we allow our guests’ and owners to participate in a sales presentation. Participating is purely voluntary and in return of their time, we give incentives and gifts. Please know since we are a big property it may take some time to go through renovations and updates. Our maintenance is working diligently on the upgrades of our property through a renovating schedule. We hope you allow us with the opportunity to exceed you expectations in the future.
Idalise