“Never stayed anywhere better”

Westgate Town Center Resort & Spa
Ranked #28 of 154 Hotels in Kissimmee
Reviewed 18 February 2013

I absolutely love westgate and always have. We stayed in the town center 1 night and they had excellent service, clean rooms, and great amenities. We then went to a different hotel (fantasy resort about 15 minutes up the road) and it was a dump. I refused to stay there for another 3 nights. I called westgate and asked if we could get our room back because it was so much nicer. The woman on the phone was amazing she let us get our room back for the same rate and it was so much better than fantasy world. Thank god for westgate!

1  Thank Otobey
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Town Center Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2013

Thank you so much for your positive review. We are pleased you continue to return and enjoy your stay with us here at Westgate Vacation Villas and Town Center. We appreciate all you kind compliments and we look forward to seeing you again in the future. Thanks you again for your feedback.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,345)

Reviewed 18 February 2013

We arrived in the evening after what had been a VERY busy day for the resort. Jon Hernandez was the professional that checked us in. He was extremely knowledgable and went out of his way to ensure that we had the best room available at the time. He patiently listened to my continuous bombardment of petty requests and then carefully met each one of them. We were escorted to our room by a very nice young man named Cesar (yes that's how he spells it) who showed us where everything in our room was and how to use it. The suite was fantastic! The lit-up jacuzzi in the room was clean and looked just as it was advertised for the 1 bedroom deluxe we reserved. The king-size bed was so comfortable! The balcony was a great size and had comfy patio furniture. The lake view that Jon worked to get us was perfect, the room was very clean and stocked with all that we needed for our vacation (even wine glasses!), and the grounds were emaculate. I was very skeptical before coming to this resort because of the price, especially after reading some of the reviews online. But, there are always negative people out there who will never be pleased. As a 28 yr old Navy Sailor on vacation with his girlfriend to Disney, this was everything we could have hoped for. I wish I remembered all the individuals names who assisted us upon check-in, they were all so great and it flowed very well. From one person to the next and then we were out the door. Cesar even brought us to the onsite grocery so we could buy wine before escorting us to our room and carrying our luggage. I would absolutely reccommend this to anyone. Don't listen to the negative things some people write on here, it is a great place to stay. I've stayed at 5 star hotels on Dubai coasts and in Rome, this suite had a LOT of them absolutely trumped in quality of room, and all of them beat hands down in quality of service. * * * * *

Room Tip: Just talk to the concierge (check spelling) and i'm sure they would be happy to get you what the...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tommy A

We thank you for the great review on our resort and staff members. Our rooms are very spacious and provide our guests with a fully loaded kitchen. It is wonderful to hear the staff was able to meet your expectations on your requests. We pride ourselves in providing the very best services to all our guests. We look forward to having you stay with us in the future.

Reviewed 17 February 2013

We got there around 7pm on Sat.Feb. 16.We thought the place was beautiful.I walked in to get checked in while my husband went to locate a place to park.It took over an hour to get through the line to get checked in.We spoke to two people while in line who brought everything but the room keys.I didnt understand if they could bring us the room number etc. why we needed to stay and wait to get keys.We were exhausted from our drive that morning and a full day ay Universal.We just wanted to get to our room.I have never waited that long to get my room anywhere else.We didnt even wait that long to get on any of the rides at the park.We finally got to the room,it was nice.The bed was comfortable(we slept really well once we fell asleep)The walls are thin,as we were trying to fall asleep all we could hear was a toddler screaming and crying in the room next to us.Also some complained about the towels but they were nice heavy towels and seemed fairly new and there were plenty.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Town Center Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2013

We want to sincerely apologize for the issues you experienced. Our goal is to accommodate our owners/guests above and beyond their expectations, and unfortunately we failed to meet your expectations and we do apologize that this didn’t take place during your vacation. We hope you can give us another chance as we hope to make yor next vacation experience a better one.

Reviewed 17 February 2013

Check in took 1 hour, but at least we got a centrally located room. Dated rooms. Pool towels were pathetic little things. Bath towel not much better. Hot tub hot only one day. Worst timeshare presentation, they would have kept us for the whole day if I didn't carry on badly after two hours.
Strict rules on bike rentals, I signed more waivers than it would take to go sky diving.
No midweek cleaning.They actually ask us to strip the beds and put the linens out before we leave.

Room Tip: Near mini golf
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 15 February 2013

We arrived well after midnight. We had paid for the week in full and our credit card had already been charged but they would only book us in for one night and told us to return to the Welcome Center the next day. After getting our breakfast and groceries, we returned to find we were locked out of our room because we had failed to report to the Welcome Center by their deadline time of 10:00 a.m. Apparently lack of sleep and the necessity to eat is not their concern. It's no fun being locked out with a trolley of melting groceries, but with no other choice we went over to the Welcome Center where we waited nearly an hour to be served due to the long waits while they sold Disney Tickets to each person. I almost laughed when it was finally my turn and they still tried to sell me Disney Tickets even though I explained we were locked out. The front desk would not help at all - they said we had to wait it out at the Welcome Center.

When we checked out they explained this lock out is their "standard procedure". I'm not even sure it's legal to lock out people who have already paid in full! Westgate needs to learn they are supposedly in the "hospitality" industry. But they haven't got a clue - they told us we could have late check out but our room keys would not work after 10:00 a.m.

On the plus side - staff was actually quite friendly, there were plenty of clean towels and the rooms were decent and the lanai was large and well screened in. There's plenty to do for kids and the Swan paddle boats are fun too. We stayed in the 5200 which was nicer than the 5000 they tried to put us in at first. The pull out bed was in such bad shape it was laughable so we upgraded to a second bedroom ($169 more) where my daughter found a chicken bone on her carpet and the other double bed in her room had not been changed. Cleanliness was okay but not pristine by a long shot.

Wheelchair accessible parking was always full. Maybe they haven't noticed that there are LOTS of disabled people visiting. Their own staff often blocked entrances with their golf carts and time share carts.

6 air conditioners were below our balcony. We found the place to be quite aggravating.

Room Tip: Check your building. Check your room. Make sure there are not 6 air conditioners under your balcony...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for your review. We would like to apologize for the inconveniences during your stay. We strive to provide all of our guests with a quality vacation experience and we apologize this did not occur during your vacation with us. If you would like to further discuss this matter, please do not hesitate to contact one of our management team members at 407-396-8523.

Reviewed 15 February 2013

My husband and I bought pre construction at WG Gatlinburg in 2007. He passed away in 2008 and we were never able to use our vacation together. However the first time I did I found out that they took away the reasons we bought. No more horse stable to take the horses to and pets fees. I own this free and clear and have been paying my matenance fees ever since, mow over $600 a year. I am now back in Florida and having my grandchildren close I decided to try WG town center for this Disney trip.
What a disappointment!! The 1 bedroom in Gatlingurg is just that with a true kitchen, dining area, I bedroom, full living room and bathroom with whirlpool tub. The 1 bedroom that I am trying to sleep in now (lighted hallway with glass windows next to door), sofa bed is just springs, 2 burner stovetop, no oven, no cabinets available to put food In and does not even come close to matching the description for a 1 bedroom villa at Town Center.. There was a line at the desk after 1AM otherwise I would have been complaining then as we arrived late. I will be at front desk in the morning. I even booked a room at owners rates for an extra night and I am regretting that decision now.
I have never had a good experience with WG. Even their owners website doesn't work most of the time. This 4 night stay took between Interval (hate them too, but that's another story) and WG 4 hours over a 2 day period to book.
One more thing, if I hear " I'm sorry, I hope you enjoy you're stay" I more time, I will scream. Everyone says it like they are robots!!

5  Thank Ic0231

We appreciate the feedback on your vacation experience in our resort. I truly apologize we did not meet your expectation on your latest family vacation. We will review your experience and strive to ensure this type of incident does not occur. We value your comments, and we hope to have you and your family provide us another opportunity to making your vacation a memorable one

Reviewed 10 February 2013 via mobile

Purchased room on another site
..3.5 stars like tripadvisor. Rooms were like stepping back in time...
.1989.....crappy tube tv..
No wifi for VVE building my whole time there...staff initially sent me to the wrong room....unable to get in my room later with my key. Would not refund 30 resort fee which was supposed to cover wifi.....thisis no more than a 2 star hotel....

3  Thank Dougfrom

Thank you for your feedback. I would like to apologize for the issues you experienced while you were here. If you would like to discuss this further, please contact the resort at 407-396-8523 to speak to one of our Property Managers.