“Ok stay but needs some upgrades”

Westgate Town Center Resort & Spa
Ranked #28 of 154 Hotels in Kissimmee
Reviewed 29 June 2013

Very nice staff. Prompt in getting to the counter but it took 35 minutes to get checked in. Per the attendant "thank you for your patience we are short staffed.". Asked for a room with a view and first room was on the second floor with a view of service golf carts. This room smelled of mold and wet mops. After returning to the front desk we were quickly moved to a room on the 4th floor that was very clean and had a view of one of the lakes on the property. Over all stay was good. Would like to see them upgrade the furniture.

Room Tip: Get a room 4th floor or above.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SChelms
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Town Center Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2013

Thank you for your feedback. Allow us to apologize for any issues that you experienced during your stay with us. We understand that your time is valuable and we will continue to work with our partners to assist in a smoother check in process. Our goal is to provide you with an experience that exceeds your expectations. We hope that you will visit us again in the future, giving us the opportunity to provide you with a wonderful vacation experience.

Reviewed 29 June 2013

we got here late at night, spent 25 minutes waiting for them to find us a room. they found a corner to stick us in and there was a pile of garbage and a sac of old linen outside the room. They gave me a $25 gift certificate to shut me up.The room had shoty wifi service. They told us we could only use wifi one at a time when we do use it. Even then we sit there waiting for it to buffer. They advertise they have 13 pools, they are so small, we got hit twice with the ball kids were throwing cause there is no room. We are owers for over 15 years and I wish we never bought here. spend over $800 a year in maintenance and when you think of what time shares get, we should have a much better experience. now i know why we haven't returned since we bought here.

• Stayed: June 2013
4  Thank daniNJ2013
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Town Center Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2013

Thank you for your review. We are sorry to read that your stay was not as satisfactory as you expected. We are always looking to improve, and your comments are of great help. We hope to exceed your expectations on your next visit.

Reviewed 28 June 2013

We arrived at the resort and unfortunately had to wait for about 20 minutes to get to the counter. After we got there it was really quick and easy...our bellman escorted us to our rooms and that was that! We stayed for 4nights and had our timeshare presentation the day before we left. Our lady Janet Gillody was freaking awesome. There was no high pressure which you would expect with. Timeshare presentation but nope she was very straight forward with all of the information.

We stayed in a 2bedroom which was very neat and clean and fully stocked with towels, dishes and had a washer/dryer. The only complaint I had is that it took about 3 hours for someone to bring us some toilet paper and when ya gotta go...ya gotta go!

The amenities were good and the pools were busy but there are so many you have options. The pool bar and Drafts was awesome and my kids LOVED the pizza place. Everything you need is really right there but fair warning the marketplace is a bit pricey for Publix to be only 3 minutes down 192. Hershey's ice cream parlor is also awesome and everyone was so nice.

Overall we decided to become owners and can't wait to come back! I don't get why everyone is in such a fuss about the presentation...you have to realize that YOU signed up for it to get those reduced rates/tickets. If you don't want it...just say so-be firm and in 90 minutes get back to vacationing.

Room Tip: Request the 5500 building towards the Disney parks...you can see the fireworks nightly for free!
1  Thank Jackie W

Thank you for your feedback. We are happy to hear that you loved your stay! We always look forward to assisting our owners and guests and providing them with the ultimate vacation. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and welcome to the Westgate Family.

Reviewed 28 June 2013

I gave Westgate a great review following my visit last year. However, the visit this year was a slight disappointment. Long story short-I was not given the correct room. My room was clean, but not what I was supposed to have according to what I bought. It was a bit older than what I was expecting. Otherwise, every employee was friendly except for the lady who was upset that I didn't buy another bedroom after my "owner's maintenance" meeting. They have an owners bbq every week that is decent but don't expect more than some pulled bbq pork and hot dogs and beverages. Continental breakfast twice a week with pastries, orange, coffee, juice and cereal. Music and some activities by some of the pools was nice. Spa is still not open after a year. Despite my disappointment over the room, I enjoyed my stay again and will continue to return each year.

Room Tip: Ask for room higher up with a pool view or lake view. It might be somewhat noisey if your pool view...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family

Every time we receive a review from a guest we want to thank you for taking the time to do so, and we appreciate you providing us with your business. Our guests are always number one, and your responses make us want to work even harder to provide an exceptional experience for you. Thank you again and we hope that we can provide a greater experience.

Reviewed 26 June 2013

This place is top notch in my opinion. It is clean with a friendly A-1 staff. Located in a wonderful area, by lots of attractions.Even if you don't go to any of the local attractions, there is still tons of fun and family-orientated activities.I recommend this hotel to anyone. I recommend any Westgate resort!!!

Room Tip: To get a good room, get there early. Remember, early bird gets the worm. Plus, corner suites are muc...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Town Center Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2013

We appreciate your responses concerning your stay with Westgate Town Center. It is a real pleasure to know we have succeeded in providing a quality vacation experience that exceeded your expectations. Our team members take great pride in providing great service to all our guests. On behalf of the entire Westgate Team, thank you for staying with us and we look forward to having you back very soon!

Reviewed 25 June 2013

I am a former owner at Marriott and was a bit skeptical of staying at Westgate, but overall I thought it was a good stay. The overall campus was very large with so many pools and activities there was plenty to do on down days. The resort itself is not as nice as a Marriott but once I got over that I was able to enjoy. We were considered an owner because of a week package we bought so that included free use of activities and also invites to breakfast and a BBQ lunch. We stayed first floor overlooking swan lake by the mini golf course which was beautiful. The lanai was nice except we had AC units on both sides so there was a constant noise which was good for naps but not for peaceful ambiance. Our scheduled partial cleaning only included a quick towel swap and garbage empty which I didn't care for. The rooms were OK most important no bug sightings. I just think if they put a bit of money into it and some attention to detail it could be really nice. There are cheesy statics of WR on the doors looking out the patio window, the hospital industrial lighting is a turn off, and the drawer rings kept coming off when you pulled them. Those plastic slats window treatments were annoying as well. Again, some attention to room detail would make this much better. One problem is that the resort is so big every time we called front desk we were on hold for minutes, sometime got VM? As I sat on my lanai I saw so many people coming through for presentations so I have to wonder where is all this money going? Re-invest into the resort and that will raise the level of interest of experienced timeshare guests. Pools were nice except each pool only had 1 small hot tub which was uncomfortably crowded at times. Our last night a security guard came through at 10:30 pm and kicked every one out of the pools and we called front desk and they said they were opened until 11 pm, he lied to our faces. Don't worry my wife gave him and the resort an earful. If you have never stayed at a resort before you will love this place, if you are experienced on some high end resorts you may feel slighted. I do want to wrap this up on a positive note, no one pressured us upon check out and we left the unit around 11 am and check out was 10 am. A woman did come by and asked when we were staying till, I did apologize but she didn't care she was just wondering what day we were leaving. That is so important to me because checking out is so stressful and depressing that having them bother you just kills the trip.

Room Tip: Overlook Swan Lake
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Town Center Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2013

Thank you so much for chooisng Westgate! We are always looking to improve and we thank you for reviewing your experience. We truly look forward to exceeding your expectations again in the future!

Reviewed 23 June 2013

We started off on the bottom floor, corner of the building, old room. The room was OK, but after killing a cockroach each of the first 3 days, small ants in the kitchen, a dryer that didn't work, AC units outside the master bedroom window, and the master toilet clogging I had enough and wasn't going to stay there for 2 weeks. I went up to talk to the front desk and they were great about getting me a new room. The new room was incredible! The remainder of our 2 weeks was great in a newer room on the top floor. No bugs, good appliances and furnishings, and everyone had a great time. This resort is literally across the main road from Disney with easy access to Universal and we drove to Cocoa Beach which was very easy. Jose Vargas was a great help getting us moved and very kind. Make sure you get a newly remodeled room and have a great time!

Room Tip: Make sure you get a newly remodeled room! I would recommend rooms on the 2nd floor or above. Ask f...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Town Center Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2013

We appreciate your responses concerning your stay with Westgate Town Center. Our team members take great pride in providing great service to all our guests. We apologize for the initial troubles. On behalf of the entire Westgate Team, thank you for staying with us and we look forward to having you back very soon!