“Family Vacation Home for 30 years”

Westgate Town Center Resort & Spa
Ranked #30 of 152 Hotels in Kissimmee
Greenfield, Indiana
“Family Vacation Home for 30 years”
Reviewed 26 March 2014 via mobile

My parents bought our first condo on the original lake when I was 5. As the family and the resort have grown, my parents decided to upgrade. We love it here. This year has probably been the mist problematic we've had. We did the online checkin but still had to wait 4 hours for our room (didn't get keys until after 6 pm). Once we got in, we found that one of our 2 lockout units hadn't been cleaned at ALL! After 4 phone calls and 4 hours, we finally got someone there to clean it. Plus the manager did make it right for us. We also came home late from the parks to find that our room door had latched itself. Once again we had to call maintenance and wait more than 30 minutes. They do have a few people here that really care about their job and the people staying here. It's just too bad that it's takes so long to find them.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Brooke P
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Town Center Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 27 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share information about your recent stay experience with us. As a Westgate Owner, you are our most important guest. We are pleased you found our staff was very friendly and knowledgeable. We apologize for any inconvenience experienced during check in and really appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We will work diligently with our resort staff and our booking partners to ensure a smoother check in process. Also, we are so sorry that you experienced these issues with cleanliness of your room. Our housekeeping team is there to ensure that each room is spotless and ready for our guest’s arrival. Customer satisfaction is our main concern. We have taken note of this issue and will let the resorts housekeeping manager know. We would like to apologize if this caused any inconvenience during your stay.

Josie

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (336)
Selma, Alabama, United States
Reviewed 26 March 2014 via mobile

I visited this hotel March 22-25 2014. I have visited this hotel on 5 other occasions and I have never had a bad experience like I had this time. I wasn't told check in was 4pm I was told that my room would be ready at 4pm mind you I had 7 kids all from ages 3-8 and they were hot, crying, just tired from sitting around. I'm this kind of person when you tell me something that's what I expect. Finally got to room and both bathrooms didn't work. I thought I would have gotten better treatment since I just bought a timeshare I pray this one is way better than what I brought my family too

Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Diane T
We are truly sorry for the issue you experienced. We would like to speak with you. Please contact our Corporate Office at 800-218-3623 to speak with our Rapid Response Team to discuss future accommodations and incentives.

Josie

Travellers are raving about these Kissimmee hotels

Iowa City, Iowa
Reviewed 24 March 2014

I got this hotel through Hotwire.com, and it was a great deal. We got a ground floor suite with a private master bedroom and pull out sofa for my son for a very good price. The complex comes with pools within steps in every direction, a shopping and restaurant area within walking distance, spas, and all sorts of activities available. If you don't wish to walk anywhere, they offer guest shuttles to and from the rooms and main buildings, and breakfast buffets are everywhere. It's only a short drive to Disney and Universal Studios as well. We were impressed with the cleanliness and amenities, particularly for what we paid. Our room came with a kitchenette and a private master bedroom, a screened in porch with table and chairs, and everything we could want. Great value for the stay.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Town Center Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
Thank you so much for your review. We are so thrilled that you enjoyed the location of our resort. We are pleased to read that you enjoyed our resort amenities and services.
Our property has easy access to Walt Disney World as well as to the other theme parks in the area. We are also conveniently located close to shopping and dining, making it a great spot when visiting. Thank you again for your review as we love hearing kind words such as yours. We look forward to hosting your vacation again soon.

Pawcatuck
Reviewed 22 March 2014

Although this resort is basically a timeshare property it can be used by vacationers as a
resort near Disney. The property is huge! Like 100 buildings (all various building sizes),
over 3000 units and 14 swimming pools. My unit was a 1 bedroom condo on the 4th
floor of a 6 story building. The unit was large, clean and had 2 full bathrooms. I only
saw 2 of the 14 swimming pools during my stay and they were great. This complex has
a restaurant, deli, and offers all kinds of ammenties (including trips to the Parks). The
staff is very helpful and pleasant. Check-in was busy but well organized and the same
for checkout. I would definitely stay here again in the future.

Room Tip: When making a reservation indicate what type of room you need. There are many types of units avail...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank tonyprevity
Thank you very much for your review. We are glad that you were able to take advantage of our greatly located resort. We are conveniently located to close to all of the areas theme parks, shopping and dining. We are glad that you were able to enjoy the room amenities, resort amenities, as well as our great location! We really look forward to you and your family staying with us again in the future!

Fairfax, Virginia
Reviewed 20 March 2014

This is a resort you could stay at without a vehicle as they have shuttles to Disney, several places to eat, a large market place, sports bar, 14 pools, paddle boats, mini golf, spa and many activities

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Carol W
Thank you for your detailed description of our resort. We are happy you found the Westgate Town Center to be so convenient and well-equipped. We look forward to seeing you again next time you travel into this area.

Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 18 March 2014

Just got back from a week long stay at the resort and overall had a very googd stay.

A few observations...
We requested and received a renovated 2 bedroom condo and it was great. Clean, very spacious and very comfortable furniture. Quick walk to the pool and lots of entertainment options at the resort. Also, very close to Disney. The staff were professional and friendly. We were guests at the resort and I was ready to fend off an aggressive sales pitch but instead was presented the option of attending a pitch and when I declined they were fine with that and remained polite. What they didn't know is that my wife and I are considering purchasing a time share but wanted to simply experience the resort. The staff's laid back approach was a definite plus... They let the product do the talking.

The only downsides to the resort was the noise from the pool area during the late evening, the apparent lack of enforcement on public drinking (which made us uneasy with two young kids) and the limited amount of kitchen tools available (a kettle and sharpened knives would be nice).

Overall would definitely go back and recommend this resort.

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Lajoie10
We are pleased you have discovered Westgate Town Center. We offer the perfect place to stay for visiting Disney, Universal, or any of the other fun attractions. All of our staff is there to make you feel comfortable and we strive for our staff to be very friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. We are thrilled you were able to take advantage of our great location and enjoy our resort amenities. We truly look forward to exceeding your expectations again in the future!

Baldwin, Wisconsin
Reviewed 14 March 2014

My family of four stayed for one night the first week of March. The check-in process was extremely slow and when we got our room, it was the wrong room- a tiny studio villa that was really outdated and sure wasn't big enough for 4 people. It was not the room we were promised. We had to call and wait for an hour and get back in line to get the right room. The new room was better but still kind of outdated. I started reading reviews about how there isn't free wifi- which is ridiculous in this day and age! Of course we were not told that at check-in, I had to ask about it! So we just boycotted using the internet for one night. We did the "non- pressure short presentation" in the morning. First, it was extremely high-pressure and rude, even harassing! The woman kept laughing at my husband and how she felt sorry for me and the kids! When I stepped away, she told him that he couldn't afford a timeshare and that if he was her husband, she would have divorced him because he can't afford her! We obviously could afford it, but weren't interested, especially after the whole experience. Also, since we told her no for buying a timeshare, she took our ID's and said we could never return to Westgate properties! That's fine with me because I do not plan on ever coming back and will let everyone I know to stay away. This place is a joke- advertises as a 5 star hotel, but doesn't even come close.

• Stayed March 2014
7 Thank Jennika13
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Town Center Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 12 April 2014
Thank you for advising us about your recent visit. We apologize if a member of our sales team made you uncomfortable-that is not our intent. We appreciate you bringing this to our attention, as we will work to ensure this does not happen again. The experience that you have shared in your review falls far below the standards that we have set for our staff to follow. We sincerely thank you for bringing this to our attention. Your comments will be shared with the appropriate resort management.
We appreciate your comments, as it helps us identify areas in which we can improve. We hope to have another chance to provide you with a wonderful stay.

Ray
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kissimmee
Quality Suites The Royale Parc Suites
Westgate Towers Resort
Westgate Towers Resort
#32 of 152 in Kissimmee
Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa

Been to Westgate Town Center Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!