“Resort was fine but disappointed with several things”

Westgate Town Center Resort & Spa
Ranked #29 of 154 Hotels in Kissimmee
Reviewed 14 April 2014

I stayed at this resort for Spring Break with my family and this was a time share trade week. I was happy with the initial check in process which was fairly quick, but then I got walked over the to a person who told me about all the discounts on the grounds, discounted Disney tickets, etc. All my family had to do was attend a brief "Update and tour of the property". Of course, I knew this was going to be a high pressure sales presentation so I asked the lady, "is this the sales presentation?". She told me that it was an update and a tour and if we inquired about buying into a Westgate property, they would be able to offer me prices. The deception is very annoying. Is it too much to ask for for the representative to be honest? Of course if they were completely honest that this was strictly to sell a timeshare (or upgrade your existing timeshare) many would not attend. They also should be up front about the amount of time this will take which is several hours, not just 1 hours. A word of advice is to avoid all the free stuff unless you don't mind a several hour high pressure sales presentation. I glad I declined all of these sales presentations this time! Once I got past that part and found my way to the room, it was just fine. I did receive several other attempts throughout the week to attend a "free breakfast, etc." which I declined. I traded my week to enjoy a vacation, not spend several hours trying to be talked into buying another timeshare. The property has lots of pools which was nice although some had some dirt in the bottom of them. Went to pool #1 one evening at about 7 PM and was going to buy a beer at the poolside bar, but the lady said she just closed the bar. 7PM seemed early to close a pool side bar, but whatever. It was nice to have a grocery store and restaurant on site just in case you run out of groceries, etc. Sure, the prices were high, but I understand the convenience factor. I was extremely disappointed that this resort did not offer free internet! I was told that only owners can get free internet and since I traded weeks from another timeshare, I didn't qualify. I have never heard of any resort not providing free internet! My 2 bedroom unit itself was decent and the master bedroom was fantastic. The dishwasher in the kitchen was very cheap though and the racks were very weak and didn't push in or pull out very well. The screened in balcony and furniture was nice although I would have preferred a non ground floor unit. The location was very close to the Disney properties which was great! I am glad I had a rental car because the free shuttles were very limited in the departure and return times, making them not a viable option.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank Dave S
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Town Center Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

We appreciate you taking the time to share your response. We are a proud timeshare resort and welcome all guests to come and enjoy our resort. Our staff members ask our guests to participate in a tour to learn what Westgate Town Center has to offer. Participating is voluntary; we apologize if this was an issue during your stay. It is great to hear you enjoyed our units and convenient location. We hope you come back and visit us soon!

Idalise

Write a ReviewReviews (1,368)

Reviewed 11 April 2014

I've never been so nickeled and dimed by a place before. All the great amenities they list cost $5 and up (way up)! In fact, they want $9.99 per day per EACH electronic device you use! To make it worse the 3G reception I had was horrible there. And they misrepresent things on line. We booked a one bedroom with a king bed, thought it had a washer/dryer and a stove. But was told we had a one bedroom studio which doesn't come with that stuff! Whoever heard of a one bedroom studio???

9  Thank SusanO24
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Town Center Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Thank you for your feedback. We do have a lot of great amenities that our non-owners can partake in. We offer ala carte pricing or, if you wish, you can purchase an Activities Card to
get unlimited use of bikes, boats, mini golf and sports equipment, as well as access to the fitness center. We greatly encourage our guest to get this. Our WiFi for non-owners costs $9.95/day, but we give a very large discount if purchasing for the week. Different devices receive signals better or worse-we regret that you device did not get good reception.
We offer studios, one bedroom standards and one bedroom deluxes (and larger sizes) and the standard is near synonymous with the studio, except for the bedroom partition, thus the confusion. The studio has a full bed, the one bedroom standard a king or queen, and the one bedroom deluxe has a king size bed. The studio has no stove, the one bedroom standard has 2 burner stovetop, and the deluxe a full range. When booking online at our website, it will give you all the amenities listed on the side. If you book with us on the phone, our Reservation Specialists would be glad to review the unit amenities with you when you book again.
We hope you had a chance to enjoy our many amenities and close location to shopping, dining and the theme parks. It would be our pleasure to have you come back to visit again.

Reviewed 10 April 2014

Do not stay here if you want to be trapped at the hotel with no shuttle service!!! They will lie to you and say they have shuttle services running all day! It's a complete lie! The shuttle takes at three times and picks up at three times only!!!!The rooms may be clean but being from out of town and stuck at the hotel is not how we planned to vacation! Be ready to rent a car or pay for taxis

5  Thank Disneygal232
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Town Center Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

Thank you for your input. We do, indeed, have a complimentary shuttle to the theme parks. We encourage our owners and guests to pre-register with the VIP desk in order to reserve your spot on the shuttle the next day. We do not have any reason to tell our guests that it runs all day when it does not. It is different for each theme park, but typically it will run twice or three times in the morning, and will run twice or three times in the evening. Those who catch the earlier one have to return on the earlier one. These complimentary shuttles are very popular, and unfortunately we do not have room for guests to be changing which one they will take on short notice or no notice. Our trained VIP desk personnel would be glad to give you the proper information.
While many of our guests and owners thoroughly enjoy their time here, we regret that you did not. It is our wish to have another chance to provide you with an excellent stay.

Reviewed 8 April 2014

We stayed in the 4000 building which is right next to main check in building. The check in process was a bit if a nightmare with a little child. It took over 45 minutes. If you check in online prior to arriving you get to get in a much shorter line (probably because no one knows about this option) and bypass all of the people who didn't check in online (the majority of everyone). After a screaming kid because check in took so long they then try and sell you on taking a tour of the property or selling you on a timeshare speech which takes another 10 minutes. Then you have to go to the bell hop area to get taken to your room because the place is so big. We declined the bell hop area and just took or luggage to our room because we waited so long.

Overall our room was nice. The washing machine had a ton of mold in it. The inside was clean for the most part and was pretty updated. The fire alarm for the building went off which was pretty annoying and it took the fire department forever to get there. Thank goodness it wasn't a real fire because otherwise the place would have seriously burnt down! The place has a small "grocery" store which sells some small grocery items but if you have a car or can walk about .5 miles there is a grocery store right off the property.

We picked this place due to the deal we got and also the fact that they offered transportation to Disney. Well the transportation was nice it was very limiting. There were only three trips offered and whatever departure time you picked you had to ride back at a specific time as well. So we choose the 10:35am and return of 8:35pm. None of the times allowed you to stay and see the fireworks and also if you wanted to go to Magic Kingdom they drop you off at Epcot and you have to take a train to the Disney Transportation Hub and then either hop on another train or boat to get to the Magic Kingdom. It took about 45 minutes from getting off the shuttle bus to making it to Magic Kingdom's gate. Also, the website boasted it was .8 miles to Disney. I am not sure how they figured that out but it took about 10 minutes by shuttle to get to Epcot. So maybe they were saying it is .8 miles from a part of Disney proper but you can not walk and get to Disney.

I don't think I would stay here again unless we got a super deal and I would definitely never use any sort of time share points or weeks at this location because you can stay for like $89/night plus taxes and it really isn't that amazing. Also, the property is adding a water park behind the main area but it doesn't look like they are making progress very fast on the water park at all.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank Meredith B

Thank you for your feedback. We do greatly encourage our guests and owners to take advantage of the preregistration process to minimize any wait time when checking in. We are constantly reexamining ways to streamline this process and make it a more enjoyable experience for our guests.
When checking in, we give each and every guest an opportunity to attend a timeshare presentation to learn more about the benefits and advantages of vacation ownership. We offer gifts in exchange for our guests' time, and this is purely optional whether they want to go or not.
We're glad that you found your unit nice, clean and updated. The washing machine, due to the washing action, usually won't have mold on it. It might have a buildup of dirt and cleaning agents. If notified, our housekeeping team would be glad for the opportunity to clean something they may have missed.
You are correct, we have an onsite grocery store with lots of different items for our guests' convenience. However, we are located close to shopping and dining areas as well.
We offer our complimentary shuttle to the major theme parks. It runs on a set schedule, several times in the morning and evening. Due to its popularity, we encourage our guests to register the day before with our VIP Desk so that their place on the shuttle is ensured. Because there is limited room, we can not have guests changing to a later shuttle when coming back.
We also hope you had a chance to explore our many family oriented amenties, such as the Game Room, swan paddleboats, Prehistoric miniature golf, bike rentals, fishing, scheduled family activities, basketball, tennis and lots more.
We thank you for recognizing the huge value that we offer, and hope to see you again in the near future!

Reviewed 6 April 2014

We are westgate owners. First time using our timeshare in Florida and we won't be staying here again. First rooms are outdated and dirty. Had a used wash cloth and prior guests toiletries in the bathroom. Mold on ceilings. The Disney transportation is a joke. The times are terrible and if you miss the scheduled time you cannot just catch the next shuttle back, you must pay $37 per person to get back to the resort!!!! What a joke! It's the worst park transportation I've ever seen! We were not given the same type of room we booked and was told they are booked full and that there is nothing they can do about it! I booked a certain size room for a reason!!!! And they put us in a room with one less bed then what I booked! I
So disgusted. And this is how they treat their owners! Don't fall for their scams!

5  Thank Fab5travels

Thank you for your feedback. Cleanliness is a priority, and if there was anything not clean in your unti, it was not done to our standard. A call to our Operator would have the housekeeping team correcting this, and it would be brought to the manager's attention for further review so this does not happen again.
Our complimentary shuttle to the theme parks runs on a schedule and we let our guests and owners know that you have to catch the one back that you pick, since they are so popular and there is usually no room to switch. If we allowed this, then it's possible that a great number of people would just catch the later shuttle, the second of two shuttles,and there would be no room for those who registered for that shuttle time.
If this is the resort that you own at, you should get the unit that you own and nothing else, unless it was not available at the time of booking and you agreed to an alternate unit for availability sake. If you booked a rental using your owner's discount, then you should have received the unit size that you booked. Please contact our Owner Reservation line and let them know what transpired. We will be glad to assist you with that, and we look forward to your call.

Reviewed 6 April 2014

We had to extend our stay an additional night and the opportunity to stay at Westgate Town Center. The facility has everything to offer for a vacation and family. You really don't have to leave the property until you want to go to Universal or Disney; and they have discount passes available. Dining options were very good, and the accommodations were spacious, clean and well decorated.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank chuck d

Thank you for taking the moment to evaluate the Westgate Town Center. We are so glad you had to extend your stay and had the opportunity to spend more time with us. To make your stay the best one, we provide you with complete units and amenities, as well as different activities for the whole family to enjoy. We hope to see you again on your next visit! Mika

Reviewed 31 March 2014 via mobile

My family of 4 (kids 2, 14) stayed here and I plan on returning!! After flight delays, Crystal thefront desk associate helped me tremendously with our booking and went above and beyond in assisting with any questions we had. She even helped me locate a room that was convenient to activities being that we were traveling with a sporadic toddler. The accommodations were Great! Not to mention the washer/kitchen came in handy throughout the trip. Crystal also remembered us during out week there and went out of her way to help us make decisions as far as what activities to do on the grounds and within the city. I will return to this location!!

Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank Bleau711
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Town Center Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2014

Thank you for such an awesome review! We’re so delighted to hear that you enjoyed your spring break and were able to enjoy many of the amenities we offer at our resort. Our staff is trained to provide first class customer service and to exceed your expectations, so we are thrilled to hear you were able to experience that first hand. We love receiving this type of feedback as it allows us to continue making memorable stay experiences with our valued guests. We can’t wait to have you visit us again!

Best Regards,