I stayed at this resort for Spring Break with my family and this was a time share trade week. I was happy with the initial check in process which was fairly quick, but then I got walked over the to a person who told me about all the discounts on the grounds, discounted Disney tickets, etc. All my family had to do was attend a brief "Update and tour of the property". Of course, I knew this was going to be a high pressure sales presentation so I asked the lady, "is this the sales presentation?". She told me that it was an update and a tour and if we inquired about buying into a Westgate property, they would be able to offer me prices. The deception is very annoying. Is it too much to ask for for the representative to be honest? Of course if they were completely honest that this was strictly to sell a timeshare (or upgrade your existing timeshare) many would not attend. They also should be up front about the amount of time this will take which is several hours, not just 1 hours. A word of advice is to avoid all the free stuff unless you don't mind a several hour high pressure sales presentation. I glad I declined all of these sales presentations this time! Once I got past that part and found my way to the room, it was just fine. I did receive several other attempts throughout the week to attend a "free breakfast, etc." which I declined. I traded my week to enjoy a vacation, not spend several hours trying to be talked into buying another timeshare. The property has lots of pools which was nice although some had some dirt in the bottom of them. Went to pool #1 one evening at about 7 PM and was going to buy a beer at the poolside bar, but the lady said she just closed the bar. 7PM seemed early to close a pool side bar, but whatever. It was nice to have a grocery store and restaurant on site just in case you run out of groceries, etc. Sure, the prices were high, but I understand the convenience factor. I was extremely disappointed that this resort did not offer free internet! I was told that only owners can get free internet and since I traded weeks from another timeshare, I didn't qualify. I have never heard of any resort not providing free internet! My 2 bedroom unit itself was decent and the master bedroom was fantastic. The dishwasher in the kitchen was very cheap though and the racks were very weak and didn't push in or pull out very well. The screened in balcony and furniture was nice although I would have preferred a non ground floor unit. The location was very close to the Disney properties which was great! I am glad I had a rental car because the free shuttles were very limited in the departure and return times, making them not a viable option.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Spacious Villas with All the Comforts of Home Westgate Town Center Resort & Spa in Kissimmee, Florida, provides guests all the comforts of a fully furnished home with accommodations ranging from studios to spacious four-bedroom villas, all within minutes of Orlando's world-famous theme parks and attractions. With a variety of onsite amenities and dining options, your vacation is waiting at Westgate Town Center! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Westgate Town Center Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westgate Town Hotel Kissimmee
- Westgate Town Center Resort & Spa Kissimmee, Florida