My wife and kids decided to try this hotel out for a couple of night as we visited the parks. The location was great, right near the disney parks and within many restaurants and the highway. Great amenities with a grocery store, bar, pools and many other options right on the property. Our room was really a combination of two rooms that made up the three bedroom suite we requested. No big deal but it made the place choppy. We had two kitchens, one that was with the one bedroom room and one in the two bedroom room (like I said it was two rooms made into one).
On the first day upon check in, my wife found a cockroach in the kitchen near our kids rooms. I took care of it, no big deal. At least that is what I thought. That night, the flood gates opened and I ended up killing about a dozen roaches around 1am. My wife and I had a hard time sleeping thinking about our kids, possessions and food that we had and if bugs were crawling all over them. We were exhausted at 5 am when we called the front desk to have an exterminator come. They did show up around 8 am and sprayed all over. We left to go to the parks and came home to a few roaches here and there.
I went to the front desk to talk to a property manager or basically anyone that would hear me out about my concerns. I ended up talking to a desk manager who first offered me a free nights stay at their resort. I told him I was not very interested in coming back. He then offered me vouchers to their amenities but we were leaving early the next day. He went and talked to someone in the back and said he would get me half of the first nights stay put back on my credit card-fair enough.
Overall I would say that this place is average. It is a huge beautiful property and they have a big problem with bugs and the general upkeep of the rooms. The amenities are convenient to have close on the property without having to run out. The reason we went with this place instead of our regular place is the price. We were looking for something different but it will not be enough for us to come back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Spacious Villas with All the Comforts of Home Westgate Town Center Resort & Spa in Kissimmee, Florida, provides guests all the comforts of a fully furnished home with accommodations ranging from studios to spacious four-bedroom villas, all within minutes of Orlando's world-famous theme parks and attractions. With a variety of onsite amenities and dining options, your vacation is waiting at Westgate Town Center! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Westgate Town Center Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westgate Town Hotel Kissimmee
- Westgate Town Center Resort & Spa Kissimmee, Florida