I would have rated my experience during this trip as Excellent except for the fact that they are undergoing construction of a water park and three restaurants and my bedroom and balcony faced the construction site; thus, there was plenty of noise early in the mornings (even when it was drizzling rain). I could have complained as I'm sure many guests did, but my group was up fairly early every morning anyway preparing for departure to the Disney parks, so why bother? It was always quiet at night and no one in my group of six had any complaints. The beds were very comfortable (soft), but I did find the pillows to be rather hard. It's a good thing I brought my own feather pillow from home. I own here every other year, as well as at three other timeshares (TN & SC area) and all of the other timeshares offer variety of pillows to accommodate one's tolerance to soft or hard pillows. However, all of my guests (friends/extended family) were impressed with the grounds, the amenities, the condo itself, and the wonderful staff. Although we did not ask for it, we received a mid-week linen exchange, which was nice. Each unit we had came with a washer/dryer and we mostly used it to wash our clothes/bathing suits/towels. This is a timeshare so you need to be prepared to take a timeshare tour or participate in a timeshare owner update. If you book this timeshare as a hotel accommodation then you can probably decline, unless you are impressed and want to find out about becoming an owner. NEVER take the first deal they offer - there are always units available for less. I do not normally take the update offer, but because they were building new units and finally adding a water park, I was interested in hearing what they were pitching. I did not upgrade since I already own a 4-bedroom grand unit and that is way more than I need for my family (sleeps 16) since I am now a widow. I did have to tell them at least three times that no matter what they were offering me, I was not interested since I am preparing for retirement and refuse to go back into debt at my age. They were very polite and said they understood and then gave me a gift certificate to take my friends/family out to dinner as promised (plus my $20 deposit). Since I own at the Town Center, I always have access to an elevator. So make sure you ask to stay in the TowncCenter when you book your room. We did not have any luck finding a luggage cart when we checked in, but we lucked up on the day we checked out and did find a luggage cart to use. I love this timeshare and the fact that it is very close to the Disney parks. There are a slew of new restaurants in the area now and we frequented several of them during our week stay. I do have to warn you, that if you are traveling west and come across Applebees on the right, DO NOT turn right as you pass the restaurant thinking there is going to be an entrance. We ended up on a toll road and had to pay the toll twice to turn around and get back on the regular highway. We just laughed it off as a lesson learned. I'm sure the toll booth operator thought I was weird when I said, "Now that I'm on here by mistake, how the heck do I get off?" The only other alternative was to take an exit that goes all the way back to Disney property which was about three miles out of the way, so we simply got off and got right back on going in the opposite direction. I would highly recommend this timeshare to anyone planning to go to the Disney parks. It sure beats a simple hotel room with two beds and a TV.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Spacious Villas with All the Comforts of Home Westgate Town Center Resort & Spa in Kissimmee, Florida, provides guests all the comforts of a fully furnished home with accommodations ranging from studios to spacious four-bedroom villas, all within minutes of Orlando's world-famous theme parks and attractions. With a variety of onsite amenities and dining options, your vacation is waiting at Westgate Town Center! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Westgate Town Center Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westgate Town Hotel Kissimmee
- Westgate Town Center Resort & Spa Kissimmee, Florida