“Very Comfortable Beds and Great Pool Areas”

Westgate Town Center Resort & Spa
Ranked #30 of 152 Hotels in Kissimmee
North Myrtle Beach
“Very Comfortable Beds and Great Pool Areas”
Reviewed 22 August 2014

I would have rated my experience during this trip as Excellent except for the fact that they are undergoing construction of a water park and three restaurants and my bedroom and balcony faced the construction site; thus, there was plenty of noise early in the mornings (even when it was drizzling rain). I could have complained as I'm sure many guests did, but my group was up fairly early every morning anyway preparing for departure to the Disney parks, so why bother? It was always quiet at night and no one in my group of six had any complaints. The beds were very comfortable (soft), but I did find the pillows to be rather hard. It's a good thing I brought my own feather pillow from home. I own here every other year, as well as at three other timeshares (TN & SC area) and all of the other timeshares offer variety of pillows to accommodate one's tolerance to soft or hard pillows. However, all of my guests (friends/extended family) were impressed with the grounds, the amenities, the condo itself, and the wonderful staff. Although we did not ask for it, we received a mid-week linen exchange, which was nice. Each unit we had came with a washer/dryer and we mostly used it to wash our clothes/bathing suits/towels. This is a timeshare so you need to be prepared to take a timeshare tour or participate in a timeshare owner update. If you book this timeshare as a hotel accommodation then you can probably decline, unless you are impressed and want to find out about becoming an owner. NEVER take the first deal they offer - there are always units available for less. I do not normally take the update offer, but because they were building new units and finally adding a water park, I was interested in hearing what they were pitching. I did not upgrade since I already own a 4-bedroom grand unit and that is way more than I need for my family (sleeps 16) since I am now a widow. I did have to tell them at least three times that no matter what they were offering me, I was not interested since I am preparing for retirement and refuse to go back into debt at my age. They were very polite and said they understood and then gave me a gift certificate to take my friends/family out to dinner as promised (plus my $20 deposit). Since I own at the Town Center, I always have access to an elevator. So make sure you ask to stay in the TowncCenter when you book your room. We did not have any luck finding a luggage cart when we checked in, but we lucked up on the day we checked out and did find a luggage cart to use. I love this timeshare and the fact that it is very close to the Disney parks. There are a slew of new restaurants in the area now and we frequented several of them during our week stay. I do have to warn you, that if you are traveling west and come across Applebees on the right, DO NOT turn right as you pass the restaurant thinking there is going to be an entrance. We ended up on a toll road and had to pay the toll twice to turn around and get back on the regular highway. We just laughed it off as a lesson learned. I'm sure the toll booth operator thought I was weird when I said, "Now that I'm on here by mistake, how the heck do I get off?" The only other alternative was to take an exit that goes all the way back to Disney property which was about three miles out of the way, so we simply got off and got right back on going in the opposite direction. I would highly recommend this timeshare to anyone planning to go to the Disney parks. It sure beats a simple hotel room with two beds and a TV.

Room Tip: Ask for a one or two-bedroom grand room. The amenities are much better.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank chazman629
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Town Center Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 16 September 2014
Thank you for sharing your family vacation experience. It’s great to hear you had a great time with your family and really enjoyed all the amenities and activities we offer on site, as well as your unit and all of its amenities. We are conveniently located close to Disney, Sea World, and Universal Studios; also a wide variety of restaurants, shopping, and entertainment. We do offer a free shuttle to/from the theme parks to make your vacation a little easier. You can check the times and sign up at the VIP Services desk when you check in! We’re glad to know you’re a happy owner and we’ll see you again soon.

Brittany

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (336)
Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

We had two rooms. The master room the other room beside it. It was a very beautiful place. There is a lot to do and friendly people work there. The only reason why im giving them three stars is because the comforter on the bed had a stain from my daughter wasting juice. No problem they had a washing machine so I washed it. Once I washed it and seen the comforter wet in the inside it had hair and dirt that was some how trapped in it and I couldn't get it out. I was so disgusted. I went to Walmart and bought bleach and it was still there. My husband just layed on it but I refused to and decided to lay on the couch the rest of the week we stayed. Other then that it was a beautiful place. I would recommend this place though. Just dont decide to wash the comforter lol or just bring your own. Hope this has helped.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Qwanel
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Town Center Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 15 September 2014
Thank you for your feedback. We are so sorry that you experienced these issues with cleanliness of your room. Our housekeeping team is there to ensure that each room is spotless and ready for our guest’s arrival. Customer satisfaction is our main concern. We have taken note of this issue and will let the resorts housekeeping manager know. We would like to apologize if this caused any inconvenience during your stay. We hope this will not keep you from visiting us again and allowing us to exceed your expectations.

North Beach, Maryland
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Pro: I am a Westgate owner in building 6000 (now for 1 year). The property is beautiful with 14 pools and they're building a waterpark. There is also paddle boating, free movies, basketball courts and mini gulf. The rooms are clean and the service was reasonable. We received the things we requested in a timely manner. It is about a 10 minute drive to Disney theme parks and 20 minutes to Downtown Disney. It rained about 2 hours each day but there is plenty to do at the resort. The guest services as soon as you walk in, has directions to/from all the attractions. Building 5200 and 6000 are new/renovated rooms. The market on the property is a little pricey but Walmart is a 20 minute drive.

One good thing to do before visiting Disney, if you don't plan to attend the attractions all the time (which will run you at least $100 pp), is check out groupon.com. They have very good deals for bowling, rebounderz, food, waterparks, etc. Be sure to google map to see how far you'd have to travel.

Con: Being an owner I don't think you should be asked to sit through a presentation, which will take up most of a day instead of 90 minutes. When I checked in my keys were handed over to another lady standing behind the desk (who asked for $20 deposit before she handed me the keys and this was to ensure I showed up for the tour). Westgate should have known that I had just upgraded 2 months earlier. The next day I declined the tour and was reimbursed the $20. Most of the previous reviews are correct about them not caring after they receive your signed contract. As I stated above we purchased in 2013 and have not heard from our representative since. We upgraded May 2014 while in Vegas and have heard from that representative at least once or twice a month since. When we call or email she responds within 24 hours and has built a friendship with us.

Yes I would recommend this resort as a great place to stay while visiting Orlando.

Room Tip: Ask for updated rooms ahead of time and make sure that's what you get when you get there.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank OGray1020
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Town Center Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 11 September 2014
Thank you for sharing your vacation experience with us. It’s great to hear you enjoyed every aspect of your stay from your newly renovated unit, to the free theme park shuttles and all the amenities and activities we offer on site. We are also conveniently located close to all the area attractions as well as shopping and dining. We apologize if the timeshare presentation took longer than usual. We appreciate you letting us know so we can pass this along to our resort management team. The update is purely voluntary and not mandatory. We offer to all of our Owners so they can stay up-to-date with all the latest news with Westgate. We hope to see you the next time you’re in Orlando.

Santiago, Dominican Republic
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Last year trying to take cheap tickets to Disney(and I did, saved $500) I took a sales presentation the guy Adrian was so nice that I didn't buy the timeshare but purchased a week to test it so I ended this year at Town Center. What I pay for the week I can use it as down payment if i wish to so they gave me a brand new unit on the first floor, my parking was in front of the door and I can smell that was a new unit. Had free internet, a lots of detergent to laundry and to wash the plates so we came home with clean clothing. The beds were comfortable and comparing to the raddison that we have last year the difference was earth to heaven. My wife told me that she will never again will go to sleep at a hotel again in orlando just condos.

All was nice, all works fine and we arrived monday morning so we didn't have to make a line to check in just go to the counter and said my name. Also to check out on sunday just left the keys at the gate was so fast that I can't be more pleased.

The hotel is huge but we didn't take time to explore it we were there to Disney and shopping so we went to the supermarket to buy food and you have plenty options from fast foods to restaurants to Publix and Wal Mart around the corner. We usually have lunch at the parks and breakfast at hotel.

Disney it is very close to the resort, almost inside the main gate. The only problem that we had was that it rained all day but at the end turns to be a good thing because everybody left the park and all the games were empty so if we liked a game we just do it again so that was awesome.

We were forced to take the presentation and that took half day of our vacation what I think was bad but was part of the deal so still 5 stars to the resort.

Room Tip: If is raining strong go to the parks, they are going to be empty
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for sharing your vacation experience with us. It’s great to hear you enjoyed every aspect of your stay from your newly renovated unit, to the free theme park shuttles and all the amenities and activities we offer on site. We are also conveniently located close to all the area attractions as well as shopping and dining. We’re sorry to hear you had to experience Florida summer weather, but glad to know it didn’t damper your plans. We apologize if the timeshare presentation took longer than usual. We appreciate you letting us know so we can pass this along to our resort management team. We hope to see you the next time you’re in Orlando.

Reviewed 9 August 2014

Using a friends time-share - studio w/sofa bed and mini-kitchen w/microwave; no oven, no dishwasher, no in room washer/dryer, 3/4 view of Disney fireworks from our window (not all units have the view). Great location for theme parks and great central location in Florida - within an hour or two of Tampa/Clearwater beach, Kennedy Space Center, Daytona, Cocoa Beach, Miami. Very friendly staff at the resort, just no service follow through - we had nothing but trouble - sent to the wrong room (keys wouldn't work), sheets for the pull out not delivered until day 2, request for clean towels took 2 requests over 2 days. Nice campus - easy parking, clean swimming pools; not a lot of food/coffee, shops - need to venture out to get groceries, etc.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Barbara H
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Town Center Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 3 September 2014
Thank you for your review. We’re glad you found our resort to be conveniently located close to all the area attractions like dining, shopping, and entertainment. We do have larger units available that do have a fully equipped kitchen as well as a washer and dryer. There’s a huge difference between them; you should check out a One Bedroom Villa next time! We do apologize if a member of our Housekeeping staff was less than courteous and that your requests took a long time to be met. This is definitely not how we run our Housekeeping department. We appreciate you bringing this to our attention, as we will be giving this information to our resort management team. We hope to see you again the next time you’re in Orlando.

Nicole

Travellers are raving about these Kissimmee hotels

Greensboro, North Carolina
Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

We went with my parents and our two teenage daughters who are owners of the 2 bedroom. We have stayed before as a couple and last year we did a tour and they showed us the size unit my parents have. The unit we received was smaller. The one my parents have has a sitting area for both bedrooms so essentially it's like 2 apartments. We were in an apartment and a studio. The door for our lockout would not stay closed unless it was locked so the kids couldn't use our bathroom without waiting us up. We knew the kids were sleeping on pullout and bought an air mattress for comfort. We thought they would be able to be on our side, leaving the living area open. Because we had a studio, they had to sleep in common living room and either inconvenience everyone or wake up early to put their bed away. This is so not cool for teenagers, especially since my parents are early risers (6 AM).
Other than that it was really nice. We were closest to pool 14, but enjoyed the bar at pool 1 and pool 13. We love the DJ ' S and party atmosphere. We also bought the 3 park Universal tickets and loved it. It was the longest family vacation we had ever been on and 1st with my parents and no one wanted to leave...
Hints- buy the $15 cups on your 1st day and keep getting $7 refills...my favorite was mango or Carribean margaritas. Find a shady spot by the pool and dip when you get to hot. Awesomeness! !!

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank MrsBAnonymous
Thank you for your review. We’re glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and all the amenities and activities we offer on site. We love hearing when everyone in the family had a great time and didn’t want to leave! We’re sorry to hear you were not happy with the unit you were given. Please be advised that you can always speak with our Front Desk staff and they would be more than happy to assist you with moving to another unit if available. We also have our Maintenance staff on property that could have fix the door problem for you. We’re glad you chose us and hope to see you again soon.

sheffield
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Was worried as I had read previous reviews. Arrived with 3 children after a 9 hour flight from England for a 3 weeks stay. Booking in was quick and simple. Asked for a newly refurbished apartment and was put in 4083C. It was a condo and was fab, clean, spacious and I had 2 washing machines/dishwashers etc. plenty of room for 6 people.
Went to the welcome meeting the next day and explained we already owned timeshares in Tenerife, the guy was friendly, he explained he still needed to show us around the location which was fine , no hard sell
Staff were really friendly and helpful, requested more towels, received them within 15 mins
Kids loved crazy golf
Good location for Disney/Universal
We all really enjoyed our stay and had a lovely time in Orlando

Room Tip: block 4000 was a new block we stayed in 4083C which was a condo and slept 8 this will have a vie...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank penny r
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Town Center Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Thank you for your review. We’re glad to hear you and your family enjoyed your vacation with us. We do offer a lot of different amenities and activities for everyone to enjoy in the family. We definitely want you to feel at home after traveling such a long distance. We hope to see you again soon!

Nicole
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kissimmee
Quality Suites The Royale Parc Suites
Westgate Towers Resort
Westgate Towers Resort
#32 of 152 in Kissimmee
Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa

Been to Westgate Town Center Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!