“Fabulous villa!”
Review of Silver Villas

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Kissimmee
Silver Villas
Ranked #83 of 154 Hotels in Kissimmee
Reviewed 15 April 2013

My partner and I stayed in a Thompson silver villa in kissimmee Florida in march and were not disappointed at all! When we arrived at the villa we couldn't believe how big it was! It slept 6 so it was huge for just the two of us!it was well equipped with everything you could possibly need. Situated only 15-20 minute drive from the main parks, and walmart was just around the corner for groceries. I don't see why people have given bad reviews, as we couldn't have asked for more! Yes the pool was cold, as expected at this time of year, but there was an option to pay for the heater if you wanted. We had to sign some papers in the morning after arrival but it only took a few minutes to drive there and didn't spoil our holiday. Having a villa and hire car was a great way to see Florida and visit all the attractions, would definately use them again!

Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Roxy20
There are newer reviews for Silver Villas

Reviewed 26 January 2013 via mobile

We drove around in the rain for four hours trying to find the house the instructions could have been better. We were then locked out as we had the wrong code to get into the house, if the person next door didn't lend us his phone we would have been locked out for a while. When we got in one of the bedrooms were locked but we got intobin eventually. Thompsons appologised and gave us three kids free dining out passes and two camp beds as the rooms werent correct, we were thankful.
The place was bery clean and the pool got cleaned every five to six days. The location was extremely close the the Disney Resort, couldnt have been better. It was bigger than expected living room, kitchen and dining room was one whole room, with two king size rooms with on-suits (we only expected one) and a room with two twin beds and a double bed room and another bathroom. The garage had a pool table, basketball and darts which was unexpected and a utillity room.
Only one floor but it was by far one of the best places to stay close to shops and Disney Resort. Oak Island Cove.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank misselysia10
Reviewed 8 October 2012

Villa itself slept 5 adults comfortably. The property is well laid out and clean. Location was about 20--30 minutes drive from the parks inside a gated condo. Disappointed that villa did not come with BBQ or Wi-Fi. The agent also requested a deposit that accompanied a form that meant we took time out of holiday to visit an office to hand in the paperwork, should be able to do over the phone (oh, had no outgoing calls) or internet (not provided). You could not adjust the temperature of the pool or jacuzzi. I am sure there are similar villas out there that have these conveniences that you expect in the 21st century.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Mark K
Reviewed 8 October 2012

Thomson Silver Villas, 2139 Morningstar.

(21.7.12) Villa changed on arrival and the one we were then allocated was of a very very poor standard – on arrival at Sanford Airport we were informed that our villa had been changed because it had gas. We were given another envelope along with instructions of where to obtain the key. When collecting the key we were not given details of a lock box as we were told everything will be in the pack.

On arrival at the villa (9pm Florida time – 2am UK time) it was quite apparent that it had not been cleaned (see supporting photographs), the bed sheets in the master bedroom were dirty (included human hair etc), bath towels/face towels were not clean (covered in pubic hairs), there were spills and bits of food on the floors in the main living and kitchen area, all three bathrooms had body hair and other traces of dirt and in addition to the cleanliness the pool screen was ripped, lights were not working in the master bedroom, dining area and hall way, the safe had been broken in to, the air conditioning was not working in bedroom two and there were no sheets for the sofa bed which we needed for my son to sleep on. We found a note from 1st Choice Holiday Management Company advising they would be coming to fix the pool screen and fix the light in the dining room but there wasn’t any mention of any of the other items. I called the 24/7 Holiday Line to report the state of the villa and the note that was left and they informed me the items on the list should have been address before arrival and that they would call me back to advise on how the matters would be addressed. Within 15 minutes they called back to inform us that they couldn’t get hold of anyone as it was out of hours and that someone would call in the morning. I managed to find a blanket and pillow which we layout on a couple of the sofa cushions that created a make shift bed for my son to sleep on in the room my husband and I was staying.

22.7.12 5.30am I called the 24/7 Holiday Line again as I couldn’t sleep in the bed due to the dirt as well as the terrible noise it made and asked for them to send someone in as soon as possible otherwise I would like to go home. Unfortunately as it was out of hours they were unable to do anything and informed me that the office would be open from 8.30am.

8.30am my husband rang the local Thomson Resort Team on the number provided to tell them of the situation, he was informed that someone would come out to have a look shortly. Between 8.30am and 11am my husband rang at least twice to find out when someone would be coming as the children wanted to go out and enjoy their holiday, he was advised that the telephone had been engaged and they couldn’t get through therefore my husband gave them his mobile number. 11am no-one had been in touch so my husband rang the 24/7 Holiday Line to advise that no-one had been out and given the way he felt along with the everyone else that if the matter was not resolved shortly that we would like to go home. The advisor assured my husband that someone would be out before lunch and checked the contact numbers for them to call back, at this point it was noted the phone number on the paper work was different from the one they could see at their end. Within 15 minutes of this telephone call a member of the resort team called my husband on his mobile to say they would be there in the next 10 minutes.

When the representative arrived it was quite apparent before she even looked at the villa she was not going to be very accommodating. Firstly she wanted to check the phone as it seemed to be engaged all the time (this may be due to the fact they had the incorrect number) and then she went on to give an excuse about being very busy so that is why they couldn't come any earlier. Anyway my husband spoke with her and as the minutes passed I could see she was not being very helpful and given that I hadn't had a lot of sleep and we had already wasted half a day waiting for someone to show up I decided to let her know my feelings. I asked if she would be happy getting into a bed that had a stranger’s body hair and god knows what else in and I also said that if the villa was to be of a silver standard then I would hate to see the bronze as this villa was disgusting. She informed me that it was a silver villa and that we wouldn't be moved, however she could sort out the cleanliness!! I also raised my concerns with only one key between two families and that we hadn't been given any details of a lock box either, she went to have a look and couldn't find anything and informed us that we would only normally have one key. The rep made a note of what needed doing immediately and assured us this would be done that day and any further queries should be raised through 1st Choice Management Company.

11pm After going out for the afternoon we were looking forward to coming back to a clean environment and a good night sleep! Well this was not to be the case as the bed sheets still hadn't been changed and the only cleaning that had be done was from behind the plant pot where dirt had been swept behind. I rang the number for 1st Choice and there was no answer, 10 minutes later Hotel Beds called to say someone had tried calling and so I informed them that someone would need to come out and change the bed sheets which should have been changed earlier and also on our return to the villa one of the smoke alarms was now bleeping. they advised they were at a party over an hour away and would not be able to do anything, also they had been in at 4pm that day and changed the sheets and done the cleaning! I was very angry at this point and informed them that none of this had been done and that someone would need to come now and sort out the smoke alarm as well as change the bed sheets. 12.20am they called to say they would be arriving in 20 minutes to sort out the smoke alarm and bed sheets.

When they arrived they changed the battery in the smoke alarm and changed the bed sheets although these were not the correct size, but I didn't care as long as they were clean. I asked them to also remove the over cover as this was smelly and needed cleaning. Before they left I mentioned the lock box and the need for another key and she informed me there was one which they showed me and gave me the code for.

23.7.12 We went out for the day and when we returned the bed sheets in the master bedroom had been replaced by brand new ones and the pool screen had also been repaired so we allowed the children to go in the pool. None of the other items were addressed but so it didn't impact on our holiday anymore we decided to spend as much time out of the villa as possible, the only down side to this was we always had to carry our passports and money because there was not a secure safe to keep these items in as it had been broken in to!

Room Tip: Do not book a Florida Holiday with Thomson or any other holiday for that matter, there customer serv...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
6  Thank Cheese28
Reviewed 15 April 2012

The Villa was a large spacious 4 bed bungalow, with all the expected features and facilities, including a small but adaquite swimming pool. It would easily comfortably sleep 4 adults and 4 children (Advertised as sleeps 8)
When we arrived in the afternoon, all the lights were on, so we played hunt the light switches to turn them all off. The light over the oven took 2 days to figure out; the switch was hidden in the large microwave oven?
The Villa included a internet wifi router, but we never managed to get it to work.
The dish washer had only 2 washing tablets, but we bought a "sample pack" of 6 from the local supermarket.
We initially had a problem setting the Villa burglar alarm, but soon figured out that the alarm could only be set with the front door closed.
The local Chinese restaurant (about 1.5 miles drive) was excellent and much appreciated (big prawns/shrimps and fresh vegetables)
The location was slightly remote and we couldn't walk to anything, however with SatNav, our driving was easy; although some of the local main roads clogged up around 09:00 in the morning.
Don't forget to put the bin/trash out on Wed Night
An excellent Villa in a Quiet Location

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank B_Family_2plus2
Reviewed 27 July 2011

We stayed in a beautiful 4 bedroom villa in Legacy Park, Davenport in July 2011.
2 en-suite rooms with double beds & 2 twin rooms which shared the 3rd bathroom. We had 2 sitting rooms (one with large dining table), kitchen/diner, utility room with washing machine & drier (don't take too many clothes with you!) and games room. Pool was a great size with plenty of loungers & chairs to relax in the sun. The only downside was the trip to/from the villa each day as Davenport is a bit far out. On saying that, we were only a 35min drive to Universal, Seaworld etc & 15mins from Disney, so I wouldn't mind staying here again.
We travelled with Thomson/First Choice from UK.

Room Tip: Ask for villa closer to Kissimee.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
9  Thank fee-vee
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kissimmee
Quality Inn & Suites Heritage Park
Seasons Florida Resort
Seasons Florida Resort
#17 of 154 in Kissimmee
Windsor Hills Executive Plus Resort

Been to Silver Villas? Share your experiences!