“disgusting”

Orlando Sun Resort & Convention Center
Ranked #109 of 154 Hotels in Kissimmee
Reviewed 27 April 2012

First of the front desk clerk are far to nice for a wanna be resort for me this place should b called kissimmee dump. Rooms are disgusting I mean the housekeepers tries there hardest for this so call rooms to be clean but really what is there to clean the carpet are outdated, the tvs are far outdated, the pools are ok well one of them is and that is in orange blossom mind u the buildings are named after nice flowers but why? if the motel what should be called not resort is no where near being nice. yeah they are trying there hardest to get the hotel up and ready but why rent it. Instead of wasting money in plants and the outside of the hotel they should be wasting money in the rooms and there employees should be getting paid wonderful for even staying in this dump to work I feel so bad for all the employees that are even working in this place. Who is the owner? I mean like really do he even care about his employees there front desk looks like if they going to a funeral all dressed in black no color at all I mean a Resort Employees should have nice uniforms with color or just nice clothing with like button down shirts or something but Black omg. I have seen hotels and motels where there front desk clerks are dressed to impress and what I mean by that I mean colors. The lobby is amazingly huge and beautiful now that I am not gonna lie about the bathroom in the lobby are nice so here u are thinking that damn this lobby is great I cant wait till i get to the room ...so i get to the room and is like wtf is this tv on top of dresser drilled in to the dresser wut a joke and the carpet is terrible. so i decided to walk the hotel premises and the convention center and so call paradise are better than the rooms.Hold up something to put out there also I heard that they have not gotten paid now i dont know if its true but if it is I feel bad for the family if they even have family they should not be working here this place should be shut down and get re-opened when its fully operational.

Room Tip: Do not stay here at all
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank angel r

Reviewed 20 April 2012

GROUPON- This is by far the worse experience I have ever had! This place takes "roach motel" to the next level! I checked in and inspected the bed. I found a spider on the bed! I called front desk to request the sheets be changed. Instead they change me to another room. I went to the registration desk and the girl asked me to wait while she had someone check the cleanliness of this new room. It was not clean so she puts me in Another room. There were no "clean" rooms with a king bed so i got 2 queen beds. At a glance it seemed clean. I went to dinner. When. I came back I was ready to go to sleep. I inspected the 1st bed and it had an ant, so I figured, "ok I will sleep in the other bed". On the 2nd bed I find 2 bugs that were not ants! I called the front desk requesting to just be checked out. The employee tries to tell me that she had inspected the room and that those were "just sugar ants". #1 I know sugar ants! I was born and raised in Miami and I know what they look like. #2. What if they were sugar ants, WHY IS IT OK THAT THEY ARE ON MY BED?? She insisted she inspected the room so we went to inspect room together. The same bugs were on the bed and they were bouncing! fleas perhaps? She was not Authorized to refund me the taxes I paid. How crazy is that??? There wasn't even a manager on duty that I can speak to about my situation! The manager called me after I left while I was on a hunt for another hotel to stay at that night. By this time it was 11p! I just wanted a bed!! The manager continued to attempt to justify that the bugs were "just sugar ants". Was I supposed to be ok with sugar ants on the bed I sleep on? I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL TO ANYONE! I will be calling Groupon to get my money back!

• Stayed: April 2012
5  Thank Cagudelo24
Reviewed 14 April 2012

First the good things: Maurice, the maintenance worker, is awsome. He has an impossible task to do, but does whatever he can quickly and with a smile.

The hotel is in a prime location, close to attractions and shopping.

That's kind of where the good stuff ends. If you go there expecting to do some of your own cleaning, you'll be much happier!

We were sent to this hotel from our original choice, telling us that there was a "water break"...good excuse for overbooking. It took an inordinant amount of time to check in with lots of confusion, despite that 3 people were working the desk.

Room had no refrigerator or microwave. Coffee pot still had coffee and grounds from the previous customer. Ice bucket had standing water in it. Air conditioning didn't work until maintenance person fixed it. Hornets were building several nests outside our sliding door. There were no chairs outside the sliding door on which to sit and enjoy the Florida sun. The security bar on the sliding door was too short to do its job. No secure key entry to the building. Only 2 hangers in the closet. Lipstick kiss on the mirrored closet door. Grounds unkempt, with dead branches and trash here and there. Bedding was only a sheet and a light blanket. Blanket was dirty/stained. Carpet stained.

Breakfast less than what you'd expect at a nice hotel. Scrambled eggs, juice and 1 toaster that was in use most of the time. Cafe not open at lunch time.

This resort could be spectacular! It's well-designed and in a beautiful location, tucked back away from the highway. It's too bad the ownership has chosen not to invest in better upkeep and maintenance.

One last thing...the staff seems to be working hard to make the best of their situation. Although the housekeeping staff could use some training or standards, they were friendly and willing to try to accommodate our requests.

In all, it was disappointing and in sharp contrast to another hotel we stayed in at the end of our trip.

Room Tip: Not sure there is a really good room in this hotel.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank gamblingal476
Reviewed 9 April 2012

The Orlando Sun's website is complete FALSE advertising. The only thing hey have as advertised is a pool. Rooms not as clean as they should be and the grounds are very shabby. There was old furniture and trash in some of the breezeways and housekeeping did not come daily and we had to go to the office to get our own clean towels. Will NEVER stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms were quiet. Not very many guests there. I guess word was out before the Clarion Inn moved us...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank CDO925
Reviewed 7 April 2012

We were booked at another hotel and got moved to this one. WE had no hot water. We asked front desk for more towels they wouldnt give us any. No WI FI. Breakfast a joke eggs were runny. No waffles. A maintence guy had to tell us the room they put us in was not done unusable. So he had to go get us another room.. Rooms didnt have fridge or microwave. They say heated pool yea you had to go around the hotel ...to another wing to get to the heated pool . Bugs in the room trash left in the room.. ONLY GOOD THING IS THE BARTENDER TIM. HE WAS VERY HELPFUL AND FRIENDLY ....BOTTLED BEER ONLY 3 DOLLARS. ADVISE IF YOU GO HERE GO TO BAR BEFORE YOU GET IN LINE TO CHECK IN IT TAKES AT A MINIMUM 1 AND HALF TO GET CHECKED IN..

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank juliespreng
Reviewed 4 April 2012

This property needed a renovation 20 years ago! I think the state prisons in Florida are better than this place... They would be better off if they just rented rooms by the hour because that's all most people could stand. The hotel is a ghost town and nothing in the lobby is open...no concierge, restaurant, bar, etc...

I don't understand why it is even open! When we came back from dinner last night no one was at the Security gate no anyone could have driven in... Very limited staff and no services that you would expect from any hotel. Nothing in the fitness room worked, the landscaping is all dead and the staff only apologizes without action.

Very sad and unless you need a horrible place to stay then don't bother!

Room Tip: Choose another hotel!
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Joseph K
Reviewed 30 March 2012

This was the the hotel from hell. Room was filthy. Never cleaned but once in 3 days and then only half done. WiFi didn't work, pools closed, ice machine didn't work, halls inside and out were filthy! This place made Motel 6 look like a palace! Front desk and management were very unsympathetic and offered little help. Never was able to talk to General Manage after repeated phone calls. To cap it off received an obscene phone call in the middle of the night and the names that were given just happened to be the names of 2 of their male employees! BUT they said they had no way of knowing where the call came from...Don't go there unless you like dirty rooms, no towels, hand towels or face cloths,or soap replaced or coffee or clean coffee cups and glasses, etc., etc., etc. I would rate this place lower than a -1........I developed a urinary tract infection on the day after left there. Picked up some bacteria somewhere, the dirty toilet maybe???

Room Tip: Go anywhere else but here!!!
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Teri Suzanne M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kissimmee
Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration
Celebration Suites
Celebration Suites
#17 of 154 in Kissimmee
Holiday Inn Club Vacations At Orange Lake Resort

Been to Orlando Sun Resort & Convention Center? Share your experiences!