“Always a great meal!”

Price range: US$6 - US$23
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Chef John's is a cozy restaurant enjoyed by couples, families and parties up to 20. We can seat 45 guests inside and also have outdoor seating for up to 20 guests. We have a bar where we serve draft beer, bottled beer and wine. Live jazz is performed outdoors every Thursday evening starting at 6:30 pm if the weather permits.
Reviewed 26 January 2014

Found by chance, go back every visit by choice! Food is amazing and service great. Side dishes are true southern cooking. Usually see Chef John when we go! We love this place!

Reviewed 24 January 2014 via mobile

The food is quite amazing at Chef Johns. The location is a little of the way, but it's more than worth the effort! The staff and the food are great. It's a must try for locals as well as visitors to the area!

Reviewed 15 January 2014

I was visiting the Orlando area in January - staying out by Disney World - I had a long afternoon to kill so I found this place on tripadvisor and decided to give it a try. I liked to try the local places - off the beaten tourist path. While it was a good 20+ min drive one way to get there, it was worth it if you have the time. A small place located in a small strip mall. They have a few outside dining tables along with approximately 10-15 tables/booths on the inside. Also a bar counter area where you can eat too (they do serve alcohol). The waitress was friendly and attentive. Not a crowd when I was there. I tried the gumbo - it was good and spicy - real spicy - which the waitress warned me about - but I prefer my gumbo that way anyhow. Had the blackened grouper sandwich for my meal. The fish was fresh, flaky and the ciabatta bun it was served on was fresh and soft as well. For the prices on the menu - you can't go wrong. Good food and value. Next time I want to try their BBQ.

Reviewed 14 January 2014

Sea food entrees were great, gumbo was spicy but not bad spicy, full of good things.
Peach pie dessert was unique, super flakey crust, juicy peaches, fried and with ice cream- calorie nirvana
Best sweet tea I've had.

1  Thank rose3350
Reviewed 21 December 2013

We were here previously and decided to come again. Definitely worth the trip. I had ribs and pulled pork with sweet potato fries and grawfish frits. The ribs fell off the bone. They had great taste, enhanced by the spicy sauce. The pulled pork was OK. The crawfish grits waas a new, very welcome taste. My wife, who does not like grits, declared she would eat these. Service is leasurly, but very efficient. Ni feeling of being rushed, though the waitresses are very busy.

1  Thank cflum