“cheap and very clean”

Ranked #38 of 153 Hotels in Kissimmee
Atlanta, Georgia
“cheap and very clean”
Reviewed 17 March 2011

Check in is at 4 i arrived at 2. The man at the desk was very nice and he got me in a room. Check in was very fast. The room was cheap, clean, the bed was comfortable, and the hotel is located close to everything even the disney parks. The staff was very nice and helpful. Make sure you stop by the pool (take a snack) and see the tailless squirell(friendly). Thanks for a wonderful stay to all the employees.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (527)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 3 March 2011

This place is a DUMP! DO NOT BELIEVE THE WEBSITE FOR PICTURES AND DESCRIPTION! Booked a KING; got a Queen. NO Coffee maker or hair dryer (as listed on the website). Refrigerator hummed and air conditioner BANGED all night=NO sleep. Arrived at 1100 PM and checked out at 700 AM only because I couldn't get a Disney onsite reservation until then. Only plus is good location to the Parks. If you have to stay offsite, STAY ANYWHERE OTHER THAN THIS DUMP!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ducci15

Travellers are raving about these Kissimmee hotels

Centennial, Colorado
Reviewed 28 February 2011

We were sent here by the Ramada at the airport as they had given away our prepaid room. Arrived after 1:00 am to this remote Ramada location. The lobby was deceiving and we thought that it wouldn't be so bad, it only got worse!

Room condition was poor, the bathroom area, carpet etc. were all sub-par. The beds squeaked all night. Anytime my husband or kids turned over it woke me up because the beds bumped up against the head board making a terrible noise. There was no lock on the door, so any staff member with a key could have come in on us, not safe at all. Only the turn lock worked. You could see where they used to be a latch or chain but it had been removed and not replaced.

When we got up after a sleepless short night, we attempted to shower and THERE WAS NO HOT WATER. After a terrible night of incredible run around by the Ramadas, no shower, you must be kidding me, we needed showers! I went to the front desk where the phones were ringing off the hook with others complaining about not hot water. So it wasn't just us, the hotel in warm Orlando is without hot water.

Do not stay here, there are tons of hotels in Orlando, this one and it's sister at the airport need to be run out of business.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank webtravelreview
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 February 2011

Have just returned from a week here and was kind of worried given all the negative reviews I saw here. We had a twin room in the tower block. Two double beds, fridge, microwave, bathroom. Room was cleaned every day. We used the shuttles from the hotel to go to Universal. They were reliable and got us to the park before 9 a.m. every day which let us enjoy the parks before it got too busy. There is no shortage of places to eat round about the neighbourhood, although it's mostly all you can eat buffets. The black angus steak house next door, however, was pretty reasonable. We found everything clean enough and presentable and would certainly go back.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank djw0105
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 25 February 2011

Me and my husband went orlando for our honeymoon. So 3 month before only we booked all arrangement. We flew from Minneapolis to Kissimee thats why we reached around mid night. As we knew we were reaching middle of the night and there will date issue due to it that why we mentioned our exact arrival time and date to hotel people at the time of booking. then also when we reached there and about to start our vocation at hotel...They said "Sorry your booking is for tomorrow not today" which really upset me as we mentioned same thing again and again. Second issue we asked them swimming pool facing hotel...but when we removed the curtain assuming there will be a nice view..It was a wall as my perfect morning view...which really upset me a lot...

but yes it has + point too ...we asked them as a couple room but thye gave us 2 queens bed room ...wow...what a nice 3rd disaster....

So who ever book the room here my suggestion please do confirm your requirement 100 times with these people as they do such mistakes and very easily blame us ....If possible get written mail confirmation...

although rooms and hotel is clean and comfortable...Ohh ya how could I forget...we asked internet connectivity at the time of booking but...as usual...they failed to provide us...

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
New Jersey
Reviewed 19 February 2011

This is actually our second and last stay here. The room itself was not too bad, clean, enough space, etc.. It was more the noise and the shower. We were in the room near the courtyard so we heard the bumping sounds of wheeled luggage at all hours of the morning, were awakened by the sound of a fire alarm at 6 am..really?? and not to mention the horrible loud nightly karaoke. But the shower took the cake, it hung off the wall, there was no hook you could put it in. WTH? So we had to pick it up, wash our hair, put it down, etc etc... I have never seen anything like it. We never had enough coffee for the mornings. We had to find the maid cart to get some.

So lessened learned, to save a few bucks staying off Disney property was not worth it.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank travelgirl65nj
Boston, MA
Reviewed 19 February 2011

I recently stayed at the Ramada Gateway for 4 nights. Pros- the breakfast buffet was good, and at 8.95 not too pricey. The heated pool was nice. (There are 2 pools- one is NOT heated). Shuttles to Disney parks are very limited- the shuttle driver is very nice though.
For the cheap price, you get what you pay for in the room- very basic, no frills but clean, If you are spending long days at the theme parks, and just sleeping here it is just ok, nothing more
Cons- The front desk staff is VERY rude. They couldn't find my reservation upon arrival and I had to wait about 15 minutes before they could "find" it. HMM. Then, I start walking to find my room and and pass some workmen who are pressure cleaning the hotel and almost spray me. Idiots. Then, I get to my room and can't put my key card in the slot because there is tape over the lock because of the cleaning. I peel the tape off and still have trouble with the lock. This has never happened to me before. I was on my way back to the front desk when a kindly maintenance man helped me work the lock. Then, I go to sit by the pool only to find that the workmen spend the rest of the afternoon pressure cleaning around the pool area with 2 VERY LOUD machines- so loud I went to the front desk to complain which I have never done before in my life at a hotel. I was very rudely informed that because I checked in early, I had no right to complain. Yes, I was early- to get a good airfare, I had no choice but to take the early flight-that or pay a lot more money.
By the way, the pressure cleaning around the hotel went on for 2 days- very, very noisy, and no signs posted like "Sorry for the inconvience." Not relaxing at all.
Oh, the hours for the gift shop and dining room are limited. No lunch is served. There is a deli on premises which was never open the entire time I as there.
Don't waste your money here- find another place to stay. I won't use Ramada again.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled solo