“Good Hotel Near Lots” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #41 of 153 Hotels in Kissimmee
Droitwich, United Kingdom
“Good Hotel Near Lots”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2013

We stayed in a Tower Room which are the best ones in the hotel. We have heard that the ones round the pool and the motel kind of rooms are dark and musty. We stayed here for 2 weeks and must say found it very comfortable, we had breakfast on one day as we found that the restaurant just up the road was less than half the price for an all you can eat buffet. The staff were helpful when we needed any help and the bar staff were friendly too. We went to the karaoke each Saturday night which was good fun. The restaurant did do nice food and catered to our individual needs too. The little diner was good for a snack and a drink and was reasonable in price too. We were close to Disney and a little further from the other attractions but still managed to get to places within about 20 mins. We didn't use the shuttles as we ended up getting a car. When we looked at the times we found that bus times were not really matched well with the park times, one of them was an hour after the park had closed.
Our Room consisted of 2 double beds which were comfortable, there was a little kitchen area with a fridge, microwave and coffee machine which was good and the bathroom was just about big enough. The drawer space and wardrobe space was good as we managed to get 2 weeks worth of clothes for 4 of us put away. If i go back i would probably stay more towards international drive though as this is ideal for Disney however we would not be visiting there again, we would be visiting Universal and seaworld etc.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a Tower Room
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank donnamac2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (507)
Hialeah, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2013

I usually stay in 1 of 2 hotels in the disney area. My girlfriend and I look at Baymont inn & suites or this hotel, depending on the price. This Ramada has 2 buildings. the large tower building in the picture and a long what I remember to be a 2 floor room area. I have stayed here 3 times, the first time was that I used wyndham rewards points for a free night and I received a room on the outside of the building facing the parking area. The second time I stayed paying for it and I received a room on the inside of the building facing the pool area and I definitely liked it a lot better, which I ask for if I stay there. this hotel has no pre night fee which is amazing! the front desk agents are very helpful and knowledgable. I had one problem during the 3 times that I have stayed there and it was that there was no soap, shampoo or conditioner, I called the front desk and a few minutes later someone was at my door with them.

Bed's are a little stiff for my liking, bathrooms are average, food in the cafeteria/restaurant is pretty good and not overly priced.

the employees are definitely what make this hotel more enjoyable.

Room Tip: I always request a room facing inwards as I like going to the pool. if you don't care for the po...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Bradleyv1714851
CT
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2013 via mobile

Why they put guests in these old, dirty, disgusting rooms is a puzzle. Can they not afford to upgrade?
The fixtures were worn, the bedspread dirty, paint chipping off furniture, dirt, grime, mold.
Never again. I'll pay more next time and stay elsewhere.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank nsb06751

Travellers are raving about these Kissimmee hotels

Doral, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2013

Stayed here for one-night and was assigned one of the old rooms. The room smelled terribly, the carpet was nasty, the walls and ceiling was dirty, and the beds were uncomfortable and creaked.

The only positive thing was the location. You are close to everything and 5 minutes away from DISNEY!

If the tower rooms are as good as other people have described, then I'd recommend it. If not, please avoid.

Room Tip: Pay for a Tower room, otherwise avoid this hotel
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank naranjo2
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2013

Schevanie and Zaxette were of great assistance when we were booking our room. We had received a Groupon and weren't sure about the process, so we went to the hotel to find out. They waited for the confirmation from Groupon and booked our room while we were there. They are assets to your hotel.

We went to karaoke the night we were there, and I left my white sweater on the chair. I didn't notice it until the next morning when I went to put it on. We checked with the front desk, the restaurant and housekeeping (Ms Cooper who gave me her business card to follow up) but unfortunately, it did not turn up.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sheila M
Hollywood, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2013

If you want a decent place to lay your head while going to the parks then stop no further. I used this room simply to sleep and none of the other amenities is has to offer. Looked like a pretty good pizza place inside and an nice pool area as well. The room was clean, bathroom in working order. I found it odd that there were no bags in the garbage canisters. Also found it odd that security is only at the gate during the daytime? There's no one there at night which kind of defeats the purpose in my eyes.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2013 via mobile

Robin in the dining room made all the difference in our stay. She is THE friendliest person and the best part of our stay. She works very hard and does what she can to ensure you have what you need.
The rest of the hotel was in need of an overhaul. They are lucky to have Robin.

• Stayed January 2013