“Needs a little TLC” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #41 of 153 Hotels in Kissimmee
Fareham
“Needs a little TLC”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2013 via mobile

The Ramada Gateway does what it says on the tin it provides you with a comfortable bed for the night in a room with a TV, coffee maker and fridge for a very reasonable price and the location is hard to fault right by the. Disney Parks. Not sure why one reviewer had to pay to park - you don't!
The hotel could do with a lick of paint and I would say the business centre needs a bit of thought the tokens are confusing and $0.75 per sheet of printing is a little pricey.
However, if you want a very reasonably priced room right by Disney and are not too worried about decor, then this is the place.

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Andrew R

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (508)
Quito, Ecuador
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2013

If they give you a room on the back part, maybe you will find nothing interesting. The room is very average, maybe a little of humidity smell due to the rags, doors are a little tricky, Even though, due to the price I think it is a place to consider. You are just going to be at night if you go to the parks. Maybe next time I could pay a couple dollars more to be in a better place.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the main building... not on the back at the parking lot.
1 Thank Verdezoto
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2013

Been back a week and Boy do we wish we were still there. Yes the weather helped but this was our second stay there and found it just as great as last time. It suits us for what we need the room was clean, the bed comfortable, the grounds and pools nice and quiet for lazy days sunbathing some days had the pool to ourselves and the staff that we had dealings with were so nice, helpful and friendly especially a lovely lady named Latisha (hope spelt it right) she is a credit to the hotel, hope she's there next time we go. It's located in just the right place handy for Disney etc and places to eat, we even walked a couple of time to the restaurants as so close. Highly recommend this hotel it's not luxury but it's not a dive either well worth the money.

Room Tip: book a tower room
1 Thank 570Tina
Durban, South Africa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2013

Hotwire deal, stayed a week. Great value for $$$$$ and shuttle was only 12 mins fro Epcot. At Epcot take a monorail to Magic kingdom or a bus to others. Pool was clean. We had a courtyard room which was dark. Room stinks of cleaning fragrance and carpets need a good steam clean. Free wi fi was great. Ask for a room with natural light. Away from courtyard. Lots of restaurants close by..

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank ErnieM250
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2013

I was very worried about staying here for a week of our 2 week visit to Florida after reading the reviews on here- but don't let them put you off- this is a great hotel!

We stayed in a ground floor courtyard room next to the gym (and didn't hear a bit of noise from the gym), and while yes they do need a bit of updating it was still clean and comfortable. Also one of the largest hotel rooms I've ever stayed in, we paid for the basic cheapest room but it had the biggest most comfortable bed I've seen in a hotel room, and we even had a seating area with another TV in addition to the one near the bed. We had a large fridge with icebox (perfect as it was very hot!) and a nice large working AC unit.

The hotel itself is very nicely done, and has a pool, arcade room, bar, deli and onsite restaurant. I would recommend just going to the deli rather than the restaurant, the pizza we had from the deli was very nice but the all you can eat breakfast in the restaurant wasn't as nice. The pool was always clean and stocked with towels- I also enjoyed the garden area- perfect to sit and read a book in the sun! The hotel bar offered free drinks between 5pm and 6pm most nights of our stay, and while it was only pints of lager or wine still a really nice gesture for the hotel to offer, and I was surprised more people were not taking advantage of this.

We booked our tickets for Universal at the hotel rather than going up to the park and it worked out cheaper which was nice. We also used the free 8am shuttle to get up there, but did end up getting a taxi back for around $40 as we didn't want to wait until 6pm for the return bus (there was enough to do to keep you there until 6pm if yo go when its busy and you have to queue for rides, but we had no queuing at all). Overall very pleased with this hotel.

Room Tip: Don't be put off by the bad reviews of the courtyard rooms- they are very convenient for the poo...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank sazzleb24
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2013

When I first arrived I loved the hotel lobby however when I arrived to my room I wasn't too pleased. At first the TV didn't work however we got that working and Ii just felt my room attracted the most bugs. Now I have stayed in hotels in Florida before and I had never seen so many bugs however staff were nice and always would take them away for me. I feel as if the rooms could be re-done because the paintwork needed to be re-done. I also
I found that staying across from the swimming pool was quite noisy especially when you are trying to go to sleep. I also found that the A/C could get rather noisy too.
The shuttle buses were always packed so I'd say make sure you wait for the bus from early. I did think they need a later shuttle bus as I went to Busch Gardens, so I had to take the shuttle to SeaWorld and then the BG shuttle. However by the time the BG shuttle came back to SeaWorld my hotel shuttle had gone so maybe you guys should think about that.
Other than that staff were so nice to me. Always having conversation. My pancake breakfast was always yummy. The girl at the deli in the evenings always entertained me.
Overall... Great staff but such a basic hotel.

Room Tip: Don't choose one by the pool!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
scotland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2013

Have seen lots of negative reviews about this hotel and was pleasantly surprised during our stay, rooms are basis but in good condition cleaned every day
Les than a mile to World Drive
Hotel really quiet and pool was empty most days staff very friendly check in and check out fast and effective.
Obviously not aiming at Hugh end customers but is really good value

Room Tip: Lowe pool area nice and quiet
2 Thank Joeya