“very good”

Reviewed 21 April 2014

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Reviewed 20 April 2014

This hotel was not what I expected. One of our beds was broken and the frontdesk staff didn't even apologize for the bed. We were going to stay another night (already paid for it) but decides to check out tonight and head back home. I didn't want either of our 2 boys to get hurt in the room. :(

• Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank cruzjk27
Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

When we first checked in, the woman was extremely hostile seeming. It's a hotel, so I understand it's a rough job at times and frankly I was there with my fiancée for the trip not the people. Then we were informed of a 50 dollar security deposit that is refunded to you when you check out (can take 10 days to be added back to your account). When we asked for a copy of the bill she huffed and puffed as if we were asking her to go a mile and half to print a piece of paper.

Then the area where the room was...all the way in the back which was quiet so I had hopes until I walked in the room. It's old so of course I'm not expecting anything great but there were dead beetles on the floor, long black hairs on the dresser, the sink, and the table. The air coming from the AC vent smells like there is mildew or mold in the ventilation system. The beds aren't bad, just a little firm but I enjoy that. The location is perfect honestly. You take right turn out of the hotel and boom, turn right onto world drive and Disney is right there. Didn't use the amenities so can't comment on that but I'd suggest reading the other more negative comments and considering them to be true. I didn't expect much at the beginning just a comfortable, clean place to come back to after a full day at the parks but if you can't even get bugs off the floor or hair off of the sinks and dressers that are visible in broad daylight, I question the quality of service.

In my opinion, if you're a glass half full type of person and are wanting a close and cheap place to say, this may be for you.

BTW if you're a light sleeper DO NOT STAY, walls are paper thin and you can hear EVERY THING.

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 16 April 2014

The "excellent" rating is based on numerous tier 1 properties in the area. This property is large, clean and has a resort atmosphere. It's quite old but compared to "comparable" properties this place is fantastic. Don't expect four stars for $50. All pool-view rooms are on one of two floors and can be quite noisy at night. The tower rooms are newer and larger but we chose the pool-view and were glad we did. The mini golf course is tiny and should be upgraded or removed. There is a restaurant and snack bar (with ice cream) which are surprising good, just remember, it's a Ramada.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank RoughWaterMarine
Reviewed 10 April 2014

Meet by friendly security at parking booth who confirmed reservations which was great. Friendly staff at check in who informed me that all rooms were being upgraded that night at no charge ( didn't need they had already upgraded my room for free earlier in week). Tower room was what I requested my view wasn't but my son enjoyed just being on 7th floor. Room was nice at first sight. Might have been updated (my first visit) beds made clean sheets,shams on bed were tore and tucked neatly you could tell housekeeping did the bare minimum the tile wasn't sweep and no trash bags for the garbage cans. Above all the room was nice but if you are going to update....update everything all bedding, no cutting corners for housekeeping, and take the sign down in the rooms about being green and not washing towels everyday let your guest decide....it made me wonder what else are you counting corners with (not washing sheets..I'm just saying). We didn't use any amenities except for wifi for my sons tablet he enjoyed. Hotel is near theme parks and Old town is down the street. I would stay again.

Room Tip: Tower rooms are updated
2  Thank Michelle587
Reviewed 6 April 2014

Review collected in partnership with Ramada
Reviewed 2 April 2014

First off, let me start by saying that I did something that I absolutely hate which was plan a last minute trip. As a result of the tight schedule and tight budget we got stuck booking this hotel for our three night stay. I went in not expecting much, because this was a cheap last minute hotel and clearly not something to hold to high standards, and I got... less than what I expected.

A lot of the other reviewers will say things like "it's a clean place to stay the night" and "you're not going to spend much time in the room anyway" and to that I say 1) this place was no clean at all! It was old, dirty, and falling apart and 2) even if you don't plan to spend much time in your room you should still expect to be comfortable during your stay. That's how I feel at least, so keep this in mind when you're booking any hotel room.

The rooms were all exterior facing, which makes this more motel than hotel. The pillows were flat and smelled like sweat, while the beds were lumpy and broken down (my mattress was literally slumping on the right side). The staff didn't seem to do much in the way of cleaning, just straightened the sheets and made the beds, and our toilet, which had trouble flushing from the start, got clogged on the second day. There are two restaurants in the lobby, one a cheaper deli with over the counter snacks and the other a sit down restaurant. The sit down restaurant had terrible service while the cheaper deli was slow of decent prices, and the food for both was just okay.

The best thing I can say about the hotel is that the complimentary bus service to the parks was very good. The drivers were all friendly and professional while the bus itself was in decent condition. While I will praise this aspect of my stay, keep in mind that the shuttle bus is technically not a part of the hotel since this was a service they hired out via another party. So when your only positive in a hotel review comes from something not part of the hotel, you know you're in trouble.

Overall, don't stay here because it's not worth it. Book your trips earlier and save your money for a better stay. If you absolutely cannot find another hotel and/or just want to visit the parks, only stay here for one night, because anything more would be too much.

Room Tip: This hotel is very close to Disney (only ten minutes away at most) with four morning departure shutt...
3  Thank newstarr411