“Roaches greeted us upon room entry!”

Ramada Kissimmee Gateway
Ranked #38 of 153 Hotels in Kissimmee
Orlando, Florida
“Roaches greeted us upon room entry!”
Reviewed 18 May 2014

After my 75yr old mother went to sleep on the first night I saw a roach in the closet and a spider in the sink. Not much I could do but kill them. Second night upon room entry another roach ran at me in the entry. Bed was ok but didn't sleep well expecting more roaches & spiders. Would not be able to regardless due to traffic noise as our room faces a major roadway that seems to have drag racing all night long. I tried to call the desk many many times but nobody will answer the phone. So instead I write this review. I didn't expect a 5 star hotel but roaches are completely unacceptable for any star rating system.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else! If you must stay here don't have a room facing the road.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Kathi M
RamadaGatewayGM, General Manager at Ramada Kissimmee Gateway, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
We have notified our pest control company Massey Services of the comment made by this guest and they have increased their frequency of service in the deluxe tower portion of the hotel. It is unusual to have a sighting in our tower building but it has been addressed. Concerning the highway in front of the hotel, that is US 192, the major east/west road in the area, It does have high traffic, but we very rarely get complaints of noise. Most guests like that side of the building because you can see the fireworks at Disney at night. We are sorry that this guest did not have a good experience with her stay.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (528)
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 17 May 2014

One thing that always amazes me about PEOPLE that put reviews on these places. FIRST and FOREMOST, this is NOT a Hampton, Wyndham, Crowne Plaza, etc. YOU paid a VERY low price for this accomodation. The most important thing for me is ALWAYS, cleanliness. The place IS clean, did NOT smell. We stayed for Three nights and felt safe, and secure. The location can not be beat. We were put in the Older 2 level part. It IS dated a bit, but nothing wrong with that. everything worked fine, the towels and linens were clean and I couldn't have been happier. Get a life complainer's. YOU GET WHAT you pay for and then some HERE!

Room Tip: Request a TOWER room for a few dollars more. They have BEEN updated and a bit nicer.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Chuck F
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed 15 May 2014

We stayed 2 nights as part of a cruise package and were very nervous because of the conditions at the Ramada in Ft Lauderdale. Just awful! Completely different story here. Although the rooms are a little dated, they were clean and comfortable. The star of this hotel however is the Dining and courtyard areas! The courtyards are full of plants and paths around the pools like having a private park. The food in their diner was great and everyone of the staff was exceptional. Liked it so much we stayed 2 additional days.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Gregory J
Salyersville, Kentucky
Reviewed 14 May 2014

We always stay here when we are only staying in the area for a few days. And always have a pleasant visit. The staff is real helpful and friendly. If you can ask for a room that faces Disney so you can watch the fireworks of a night. My kids really enjoyed that. I didnt give it a 5 because there are areas that do need some updating. The little cafe is a good place to get a light meal or some ice cream. Would def recommend staying here.

Room Tip: Get a room facing Disney.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Mommato2miracles
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 14 May 2014

I stayed in the tower rooms, upon coming into my room, there were tiny spiders on the pillows when I was checking for bedbugs(there were no bedbugs that I saw and I did not get any bites). There were stains on my sheets of both beds, bed skirting torn and not even hidden, there was black hairs all over both sheets. There was visible dirt on the bathroom floor under the sink. Overall the cleanliness of the room is horrible. The hotel is very close to the parks, that was the only perk. I was a returning customer but obviously the standards have slipped over the last 9 years. I went to the front desk to ask the lady if I would get a refund because I paid everything up front if I decided to check out early and she was rude and said I'd get the nightly rate back plus tax. Typically these places penalize you if you decide to check out early, so we will see.

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank Jmpowers4039
Kissimmee
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Good Value, location near Disney Parks Orlando. Staff responsive to our requests. Restaurant seemed good but not tried. Wifi and nice lobby. We had seen reviews referring to cleanliness but we did have any problems and beds were firm and comfortable

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

1 Thank George M
Sandusky, Ohio
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Upon arrival, was very pleased that a Security Gate was present to ensure guest safety. Before entering the lobby to register was in complete awe with the beautiful landscaping which surrounds the property. Check in was easy, the female clerk was very pleasant and made me feel very welcomed. I was traveling with my Chihuahua for the first time and it was nice to find a property that allows pets. It was only an additional $50 for the duration of the stay to have my dog stay with me. I was given room 102, just off the lobby. I had booked a bargain through Kayak.com and did not expect the room to be so spacious. I work in a large resort hotel as a Bellman and rooms of that size there would easily go for 3 or 4 times the amount that I was paying per night. The room without question exceeded my every expectation.

I had decided to not use Housekeeping during the stay, as my dog has a tendency to run for the door whenever it is opened. The facility itself was immaculately clean all throughout. I had decided not to use the free shuttle offered by the hotel. Instead, decided to drive over to the parks, pay for parking and pack lunch into the car. Shuttle times were limited and I wanted the freedom to come and go as I liked.

You could not ask for a closer location to World Drive, simply make a right and 2 miles down the road and you are entering Disney. There are many shops and restaurants all around the hotel and within walking distance. On my last day, I ate the breakfast buffet at the Smokehouse Grill. I knew that it was going to be a long day of flying home, driving back and unpacking during the return and I needed a great start. I made the right choice. The breakfast buffet was delicious, everything was fresh and a value for $9.95 including drinks. Robin was a terrific server and an asset to the company. I observed her interaction with everyone in the dining room and was amazed by her upbeat and friendly personality.

I had a wonderful time and look forward to visiting again and recommend this Ramada for value, location and exceptional service.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo