“Good value family hotel”

Ramada Kissimmee Gateway
Ranked #39 of 152 Hotels in Kissimmee
“Good value family hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

Having previously stayed at Disney's Old Key West Resort I was rather concerned when reading some of the reviews on here.
I needn't have worried, this hotel is exactly what it says on the tin. It does not try, or claim to be to be a 5 star hotel but it is a very good 3 star.
Already planning to come back!

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank jedamber
RamadaGatewayGM, General Manager at Ramada Kissimmee Gateway, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post your honest rieview on Tripadvisor! We are glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (517)
Tampa, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

We were very excited for our stay here because the price was great and the pictures looked good.. I must say, I have never been so disappointed in my life.. We walked into our room and five minutes later we were out of there.. The rooms are very motel like, look dirty, and just overall not pleasant. I will say that we paid to get upgraded to the tower and those rooms are definitely nicer. They are more modern and definitely look taken care of. The only downfall though, was that there are so many bugs!!!! Roaches mainly... We saw them mainly on the walls and bathroom floors but they were in our bed as well... Very disappointed and would definitely not recommend this place.. I hope management steps up because there is potential for this place... But even the little things count like a rusty refrigerator or a torn down door...

• Stayed June 2014
5 Thank JessicaLizeth

Travellers are raving about these Kissimmee hotels

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

My fiancee and I stayed at this Ramada Gateway for two nights. It was her first time to Disney. On our second night we discovered they put us in a room with bed bugs! I brought one bed bug to the general manager Andrew and his response was to downgrade my room in the middle of the night even though I begged him to get us a room across the street at another Ramada, he told me I was over reacting even though I know for a facf that bed bugs travel in luggage and feed on people. Once you have them it is very expensive and difficult to get rid of them. This manager was rude and also told me he had the room treated 3 times with the lowest cost treatment he could find, and still did not get rid of them. Then I complained to Ramada and they won't do anything about it except refund me for one night at $50.00. This literally ruined what was supposed to be a really nice weekend! Not to mention how much it cost to go to Disney in the first place. Try walking around Disney all weekend with no sleep, and worried sick about bed bugs biting us in the night and taking them home. Then, to make matters worse Andrew put us in a room that smelled of raw sewage and had roaches in it! If you want to spare your family from this nightmare, don't stay at Andrews Ramada Gateway Inn on Irlo Bronson Dr.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Kcorie
RamadaGatewayGM, General Manager at Ramada Kissimmee Gateway, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
There is an expression, "The bigger the lie, the more believable the story". Trying hard to not be defensive, this guest allegedly works for a competitor pest control company that we ended an agreement with a year ago due to too many guest issues. Massey Pest control is our new company and they have been more effective in pest control since we began service with them. They are a well respected pest control company in Florida. Kevin's comment that I told him i used the lowest cost treatment I could find is simply not the truth. Bed bugs are an issue in all hotels and they are brought in by guests in luggage or on clothing. Kevin's finding of one bed bug that he brought to us in a plastic bag on the second night of his stay was suspicious at the time, especially as he tried to educate me on the history of bed bugs and the preventative treatment. Additionally, the room he was moved from was inspected thouroughly by our in house engineering team and Massey Services...... no other bugs were found. What Kevin doesn't say is that he was comped one night, offered breakfast and the hotel to pay his parking at Disney the next day. What he wanted was for the hotel to send him to another hotel at 11:35 on a busy Saturday night and pay for that hotel bill. I personally inspected the room he was moved to and the room was in fine shape, had no smell and was provided complimentary. Kevin refused to stay in any other room in the same "building" of 147 rooms that he allegedly found a bug in. Kevin has obviously decided to make my refusal to give him more than what I thought resonable, personal.
Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

This hotel is set up as a "resort", so beware that you will be charged a "resort" fee. Room was good, clean and comfortable in size. Bed a bit firm for my liking...Bedding was good, bathroom clean and functional. Two large pools, putt putt golf, basketball court and garden area is well maintained.

Staff quite pleasant and professional, no issues at all with our stay.

Will return there again in near future! Thanks!!!

Room Tip: We chose a ground floor room, no sounds from tenants from above, only day time noise from people hav...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Mailgirlflorida,
thank you very much for your comments and taking the time to write them on Tripadvisor! We are glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again. We want everyone to enjoy the hotel as much as you have!
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

Fantastic location - really convenient for all the parks - especially Disney! Rooms were regularly cleaned - the air con was always put on by the cleaners but some nights we weren't back til late and the room was freezing - we had to keep the door open to let some warm air in. Wifi wasn't so great in the rooms - better in and around reception but usable in the room. Rooms were comfortable but slightly dated. We used the hotel mainly as a base as we didn't spend much time here but have no complaints and would recommend to anyone looking for a convenient 2 week stay!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank paulcreview
Evansville, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014

My girlfriend and I recently stayed here during our trip to Disney World. We were recommended this hotel buy the 501st (a Star Wars costuming group) as I am part of them and we were doing the Star Wars parades at Disney's Hollywood Studios. The hotel provided a generous discount for us which was nice, but even without it, I feel the stay would have been worth it.

Let me state the "bad" things first, so not to forget them.

When we got to our room around midnight, we discovered the second bed was unmade, like someone had just slept in it earlier than day. Also, the iron was missing from its spot above the ironing board. (I needed that to iron out my costume) I've worked at hotels and I realize these things can slip by and we only needed one bed anyway. I knew they wold have put us in another room if we so requested, but we didn't even bother asking. The computers in the business center were whacked out, and barely worked. I couldn't print anyting and desperately needed to. The other thing that wasn't so great is that the A/C was freakin loud. It did its job and kept the place cool, so as long we ran it while we were gone, it didn't turn on much at night and wake us up.

Now the things I'm about to list totally makeup for the inevitably "wrong" things you find at a hotel. Service. That pretty much trumps all in my opinion. First of all, the hotel was prompt in getting us a new iron. They also were very thorough with touching up the room while we were out. The water pressure in the shower was great and I loved the scent of the shampoo and conditioner they provided. The property has two pools, an arcade room. a karaoke bar, breakfast buffet, a smokehouse grill restaurant, and a deli. The deli, we thoroughly enjoyed, good burgers, beer, nice offset location, and they stayed open late. The smokehouse grill was tasty, clean, and had good service, however, like another reviewer expressed elsewhere, it was bit pricey, but not too bad.

The arcade was awesome, not one of those, "oh, it's a pinball machine" kinda deals. No, they had Terminator 3 pinball, air hockey, a four seater racing game. Virtua Fighter 4, Time Crisis, Mortal Kombat 3, and more. A VERY nice selection indeed.

One of the things that struck us most was how well the grounds were kept, both pools were very nice, there was a patio seating area that was very cozy under the cover of an actual roof and had two pool tables. One day after being in the pool a little over an hour, we had noticed a maintenance main who had been working very diligently but at a good even pace cleaning the rooftops, sweeping the gutters and then came down to prune the palm trees. When I got out, I had a very nice conversation with him. His name escapes me right now, but he was dark skinned and had a very Caribbean-esque accent. He was very nice, told me some things about palm trees, and suggested we go check out the view from the top floor balcony, which we did! He was extremely friendly, took pride in his job, and was helpful. From working in this industry I can tell you, those are keepers and hard to come by. Seriously Ramada, give this guy a raise!

Although, everyone we encountered was friendly and provided good service. When we return to Florida in the future, we WILL be staying at this hotel again...Oh and before I forget, this place is very close to the entrance of Disney!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DSN423
Many Many thanks for the thorough review, we apprecaite the business from the group that you were with and hope to see you all again next year! I will investigate what happened with the room on your arrival and will email you under separate communication to find out the name you were registered under so that I may investigate who turned the room over as ready for occupancy. From your comments, I think we recovered from that, but that should never happen, we have inspectors turning over rooms to the front desk for guest arrival. The room is to be ready for occupancy at that time. I appreciate you letting us know, I hope the situation was rectified immediately. Our business center has been managed by a local company that has dissappeared on us, literally, no answer to calls, no communication whatsoever. They even have the keys to the computer cabinets. We are working to find a new company that will have our center up and running soon.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

I had stayed 2 nights in the tower in room 1605 and was very happy- I returned for 7 nts. June 1-8 and stayed in room 1605 - unfortunately the room had a strong mildew and moldy odor. My routine every time I returned to my room was I would have to wedge the door open with a garbage can in order to make the room barely liveable. I woke every morning with a sore throat and plugged nose. We have been home for 3 days now and we are both still discharging black mucous and our sinuses are in strange undescribable disorder. I would like to believe this was a coincidence and maybe we just picked up a virus on an outing , and now after we both visited a clinic we have been prescribed antibiotics. Coincidence ?? I challenge the manager to visit room 1605 asap and to spend 20 minutes in the stench without getting nasal congestion. I am not the type to complain but I wish in hindsight I had of insisted on a room change. It is obvious that the air conditioning system in that room is overwhelmed by mold and mildew and upon returning home we realized there was a terrible musty and mildew like smell on all of our garments - more so on the clean and never worn dress clothes that were hanging all 7 days in the rooms closet- these clothes were so bad that I had to wash them and spray our suitcases two days in a row with Lysol and left them open outdoors .The tower room was a $15 a night upgrade but the view of the nightly fireworks was priceless- but the stench in that room made us sick - literally sick.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple