“You get what you pay for” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ramada Kissimmee Gateway

Ramada Kissimmee Gateway
Ranked #41 of 153 Hotels in Kissimmee
Brighton, England
“You get what you pay for”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

Stayed at the Ramada for the first time last week. We paid for a package deal with the Airline so had no dealings with the hotel direct and didn't specifically choose this hotel or know how much they charged each night. It cant of been very much and this is why it would be unfair to rate any less than "very good". This is because it offers good value for money. Those reviewers that moan about the decor and this hotel being a bit rough around the edges should really look at staying at a 4 - 5 star hotel to get that type of comfort and luxury they expect and pay more for the room. I've stayed at lots of hotels, this is not the best one nor is it the worst. It does provide a pretty comfy bed and has an acceptable level of cleanliness. This is all you need after a long day at the parks after all. The air con was excellent and maintained the set temperature which was really important for those that are not used to the florida heat. The location is excellent, only a few minutes from Disney and about 15 minutes or so from international drive. Lots of restaurants located around the hotel are within walking distance, but on a really busy road we just used the car to get to and from which was much quicker and probably safer. The only feedback I would offer is please review your lumpy pillows, we had three in our room, no idea what made them go that way.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ukads

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (507)
Swansea
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

We stayed for a week from 14th June 2014. Check in was swift and we were quickly allocated our rooms, which were situated facing the pool furthest away from the main building. To put this in perspective, it is only a 2 minute walk to the Main building.

We were pleasantly surprised with both the size and decor of the room. It was clean, with 2 large double beds, small fridge and air con. The rooms were cleaned daily, and we had no complaints on the room etc. Whilst there is no safe in the room, you can use a security box in the main building at no cost, this proved to be very useful. Whilst we didn't eat at the hotel, it was busy and appeared to offer a good range of food.

The hotel is situated approx 20 mins from Universal and seaworld, but only minutes from Disney, so it's in an ideal position. There are plenty of restaurants and breakfast outlets within walking distance or less than a 5 minute drive. Our favourite was Golden Coral for breakfast, the kids simply loved choosing whatever they wanted. I would also recommend Appleby's for a family evening meal, which is situated 2.5 miles West (left) from the hotel, next to the Publix supermarket.

We are not a family who complain very easily, we want everyone to enjoy themselves, but sometimes, you need to act if it goes too far.

The only downside at the hotel and for us it was an issue, was the fact that people were using the pool up to 1am and shouting so loud, you'd never be able to get to sleep. On the first occasion, my wife spoke to the the women concerned, who apologised but within minutes was screaming again. We called security and 15 minutes later someone did turn up to ask the ladies to leave. On the second occasion, there were multiple families in the pool at 1am, they were simply having I fun, but at 1am after a long day in the parks, it's no fun for the majority of guests. We had to ring reception twice and it took 30 minutes for security to turn up. When we checked out I informed reception of the problems, and she was surprised as the pool was supposed to close at 10pm ( I was even more surprised) . This rule was never enforced and the pool is not locked so I wouldn't hold my breath on that being the case.

I would strongly suggest asking for a room in the main tower block or facing the car park and not the pool.

Overall the hotel was great and I would recommend it, providing they sort the late pool out.

Room Tip: Stay away from the pool areas unless you don't mind being woken up in the early hours of the mor...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank PJenks
RamadaGatewayGM, General Manager at Ramada Kissimmee Gateway, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Dear "Good Hotel but beware....." I thank you for your comments and am glad to hear that overall you enjoyed your stay. I sincerely apologize for the late night antics in the back pool, and I will be sharing your comments with our security team. The pools are both supposed to be locked at 10 PM. It is dissapointing that my team failed to do their job on this particular night, and even more that it was not followed up on after your initial complaint. I will pursue who was working that evening and some proper documentation to the personnel file should ensure that this doesn't happen again. I am pretty confident that this has not happened often, and I sincerly appreciate you letting me know. Please don't allow this to be a reason not to viist us again!
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

Having previously stayed at Disney's Old Key West Resort I was rather concerned when reading some of the reviews on here.
I needn't have worried, this hotel is exactly what it says on the tin. It does not try, or claim to be to be a 5 star hotel but it is a very good 3 star.
Already planning to come back!

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank jedamber
Thank you for taking the time to post your honest rieview on Tripadvisor! We are glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again in the future.
Tampa, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

We were very excited for our stay here because the price was great and the pictures looked good.. I must say, I have never been so disappointed in my life.. We walked into our room and five minutes later we were out of there.. The rooms are very motel like, look dirty, and just overall not pleasant. I will say that we paid to get upgraded to the tower and those rooms are definitely nicer. They are more modern and definitely look taken care of. The only downfall though, was that there are so many bugs!!!! Roaches mainly... We saw them mainly on the walls and bathroom floors but they were in our bed as well... Very disappointed and would definitely not recommend this place.. I hope management steps up because there is potential for this place... But even the little things count like a rusty refrigerator or a torn down door...

• Stayed June 2014
5 Thank JessicaLizeth

Travellers are raving about these Kissimmee hotels

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

My fiancee and I stayed at this Ramada Gateway for two nights. It was her first time to Disney. On our second night we discovered they put us in a room with bed bugs! I brought one bed bug to the general manager Andrew and his response was to downgrade my room in the middle of the night even though I begged him to get us a room across the street at another Ramada, he told me I was over reacting even though I know for a facf that bed bugs travel in luggage and feed on people. Once you have them it is very expensive and difficult to get rid of them. This manager was rude and also told me he had the room treated 3 times with the lowest cost treatment he could find, and still did not get rid of them. Then I complained to Ramada and they won't do anything about it except refund me for one night at $50.00. This literally ruined what was supposed to be a really nice weekend! Not to mention how much it cost to go to Disney in the first place. Try walking around Disney all weekend with no sleep, and worried sick about bed bugs biting us in the night and taking them home. Then, to make matters worse Andrew put us in a room that smelled of raw sewage and had roaches in it! If you want to spare your family from this nightmare, don't stay at Andrews Ramada Gateway Inn on Irlo Bronson Dr.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Kcorie
RamadaGatewayGM, General Manager at Ramada Kissimmee Gateway, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
There is an expression, "The bigger the lie, the more believable the story". Trying hard to not be defensive, this guest allegedly works for a competitor pest control company that we ended an agreement with a year ago due to too many guest issues. Massey Pest control is our new company and they have been more effective in pest control since we began service with them. They are a well respected pest control company in Florida. Kevin's comment that I told him i used the lowest cost treatment I could find is simply not the truth. Bed bugs are an issue in all hotels and they are brought in by guests in luggage or on clothing. Kevin's finding of one bed bug that he brought to us in a plastic bag on the second night of his stay was suspicious at the time, especially as he tried to educate me on the history of bed bugs and the preventative treatment. Additionally, the room he was moved from was inspected thouroughly by our in house engineering team and Massey Services...... no other bugs were found. What Kevin doesn't say is that he was comped one night, offered breakfast and the hotel to pay his parking at Disney the next day. What he wanted was for the hotel to send him to another hotel at 11:35 on a busy Saturday night and pay for that hotel bill. I personally inspected the room he was moved to and the room was in fine shape, had no smell and was provided complimentary. Kevin refused to stay in any other room in the same "building" of 147 rooms that he allegedly found a bug in. Kevin has obviously decided to make my refusal to give him more than what I thought resonable, personal.
Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

This hotel is set up as a "resort", so beware that you will be charged a "resort" fee. Room was good, clean and comfortable in size. Bed a bit firm for my liking...Bedding was good, bathroom clean and functional. Two large pools, putt putt golf, basketball court and garden area is well maintained.

Staff quite pleasant and professional, no issues at all with our stay.

Will return there again in near future! Thanks!!!

Room Tip: We chose a ground floor room, no sounds from tenants from above, only day time noise from people hav...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Mailgirlflorida,
thank you very much for your comments and taking the time to write them on Tripadvisor! We are glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again. We want everyone to enjoy the hotel as much as you have!
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

Fantastic location - really convenient for all the parks - especially Disney! Rooms were regularly cleaned - the air con was always put on by the cleaners but some nights we weren't back til late and the room was freezing - we had to keep the door open to let some warm air in. Wifi wasn't so great in the rooms - better in and around reception but usable in the room. Rooms were comfortable but slightly dated. We used the hotel mainly as a base as we didn't spend much time here but have no complaints and would recommend to anyone looking for a convenient 2 week stay!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends