“Wonderful experience” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #41 of 153 Hotels in Kissimmee
Bayfield, Wisconsin
“Wonderful experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

When I was booking our Disney/Universal trip, I came across the Ramada Gateway website. I saw the great price and decided to check into a stay there. It seemed like a great value for everything they offered, so I booked with them. Afterwards I worried that it would be one of those experiences where you get what you pay for.....but I was pleasantly surprised. It was very clean, had a friendly helpful staff and yeah, it had a great price! I definitely recommend staying here. I will book again when we go back for the SeaWorld trip with our little one.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (508)
Rhyl, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

We stayed here for the last 2 years, the staff are very helpful and our room in the tower was great with views of the fireworks at night from the parks.

We will be booking again for next year soon. also to stay in the Tower on the 7th or 8th floor.

Thanks for a great 10day break.

Room Tip: Always ask for a high tower room for the fireworks at 9 and 10pm
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Ipswich, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

This hotel was part of a package deal we got online which was very kind to our wallets, so I have no complaints on the money front. The pool was also good and staff (the majority) were lovely too. However the room we had was pretty grim, there was a faint smell of sick in our room and we did have cockroaches kicking around with us too. However, we spent hardly any time in our room, as we had Florida to explore and as a place to rest your head this hotel was fine. The free shuttles to shopping areas and The theme parks were also great. So apart from the rooms this hotel was just fine. But not the sort of place you'd show off to your friends about having stayed in!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Hertford, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

We stayed here for a week on a fly-drive deal an so had no idea what we actually paid for the room. The whole deal was VFM so I guess it wasn't much. Bearing this in mind and considering other reviews on the hotel, I tried to upgrade to the Tower accommodation which would have given us a view over Disney. Sadly, despite e mailing before our arrival, they couldn't accommodate us there and we got lumbered with the motel type accommodation which overlooked the pool.

The Reception area of the hotel is clean and modern. The motel area isn't! The room was a decent size, but it didn't reassure us a great deal when we noticed that the 'anti-burglar' clasp they had inside the entrance door was barely hanging on by a screw. The room looked shabby and 'tired'. The TV was OK and the beds big enough. However, the pillows are appalling and the sheets were threadbare. Mine had a hole 'worn in the top sheet. - not ripped, just worn. This contrasted with the towels that were of good quality. Wrapping one around the pillow made us feel a bit less 'coochy'.

We were concerned that the vents in the bathroom were filthy and clearly not seen a cleaning cloth/brush for weeks. I got most of the ceiling vent clean with a wet wipe or three. The day to day cleaning was good but it needs a deep clean.

The soaps etc. supplied in the bathroom were fine. Our always had a lemon zing to them and we liked 'em! There was plenty of drawer space in the main room and a hanging rail in the bathroom which was OK. The shower was no more than adequate but very noisy. It lessened once I'd found the loose fitting shower head and refixed it, but our neighbours clearly had the same issue. The air conditioning was effective but noisy.

We didn't make use of the coffee supplied and settled for cold drinks. Mind you the little fridge was grubby and they appeared to have painted over the rust on the outer casing.

Staff were helpful and friendly. I did mention the cleaning and security issues to them when we checked out. Returning to the matter of security, the security staff on the gate didn't seem to do much other than smile. I saw little of anyone checking that people had legitimate business in the hotel and we never ever had to produce our parking pass/door key to gain access to the property. We could have done with them patrolling the pool area in the early hours - maybe that would have deterred the residents(at least I hope they were) who were hollering at the tops of their voices at 3 or 4 o'clock in the morning.

As previous reviewers have mentioned, it's a great location for Disney (we didn't) and local eateries (we did!)

Room Tip: Avoid the motel section if you can, the Tower rooms MUST be better.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Hertsbob
Brighton, England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

Stayed at the Ramada for the first time last week. We paid for a package deal with the Airline so had no dealings with the hotel direct and didn't specifically choose this hotel or know how much they charged each night. It cant of been very much and this is why it would be unfair to rate any less than "very good". This is because it offers good value for money. Those reviewers that moan about the decor and this hotel being a bit rough around the edges should really look at staying at a 4 - 5 star hotel to get that type of comfort and luxury they expect and pay more for the room. I've stayed at lots of hotels, this is not the best one nor is it the worst. It does provide a pretty comfy bed and has an acceptable level of cleanliness. This is all you need after a long day at the parks after all. The air con was excellent and maintained the set temperature which was really important for those that are not used to the florida heat. The location is excellent, only a few minutes from Disney and about 15 minutes or so from international drive. Lots of restaurants located around the hotel are within walking distance, but on a really busy road we just used the car to get to and from which was much quicker and probably safer. The only feedback I would offer is please review your lumpy pillows, we had three in our room, no idea what made them go that way.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ukads
Swansea
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

We stayed for a week from 14th June 2014. Check in was swift and we were quickly allocated our rooms, which were situated facing the pool furthest away from the main building. To put this in perspective, it is only a 2 minute walk to the Main building.

We were pleasantly surprised with both the size and decor of the room. It was clean, with 2 large double beds, small fridge and air con. The rooms were cleaned daily, and we had no complaints on the room etc. Whilst there is no safe in the room, you can use a security box in the main building at no cost, this proved to be very useful. Whilst we didn't eat at the hotel, it was busy and appeared to offer a good range of food.

The hotel is situated approx 20 mins from Universal and seaworld, but only minutes from Disney, so it's in an ideal position. There are plenty of restaurants and breakfast outlets within walking distance or less than a 5 minute drive. Our favourite was Golden Coral for breakfast, the kids simply loved choosing whatever they wanted. I would also recommend Appleby's for a family evening meal, which is situated 2.5 miles West (left) from the hotel, next to the Publix supermarket.

We are not a family who complain very easily, we want everyone to enjoy themselves, but sometimes, you need to act if it goes too far.

The only downside at the hotel and for us it was an issue, was the fact that people were using the pool up to 1am and shouting so loud, you'd never be able to get to sleep. On the first occasion, my wife spoke to the the women concerned, who apologised but within minutes was screaming again. We called security and 15 minutes later someone did turn up to ask the ladies to leave. On the second occasion, there were multiple families in the pool at 1am, they were simply having I fun, but at 1am after a long day in the parks, it's no fun for the majority of guests. We had to ring reception twice and it took 30 minutes for security to turn up. When we checked out I informed reception of the problems, and she was surprised as the pool was supposed to close at 10pm ( I was even more surprised) . This rule was never enforced and the pool is not locked so I wouldn't hold my breath on that being the case.

I would strongly suggest asking for a room in the main tower block or facing the car park and not the pool.

Overall the hotel was great and I would recommend it, providing they sort the late pool out.

Room Tip: Stay away from the pool areas unless you don't mind being woken up in the early hours of the mor...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank PJenks
RamadaGatewayGM, General Manager at Ramada Kissimmee Gateway, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Dear "Good Hotel but beware....." I thank you for your comments and am glad to hear that overall you enjoyed your stay. I sincerely apologize for the late night antics in the back pool, and I will be sharing your comments with our security team. The pools are both supposed to be locked at 10 PM. It is dissapointing that my team failed to do their job on this particular night, and even more that it was not followed up on after your initial complaint. I will pursue who was working that evening and some proper documentation to the personnel file should ensure that this doesn't happen again. I am pretty confident that this has not happened often, and I sincerly appreciate you letting me know. Please don't allow this to be a reason not to viist us again!
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

Having previously stayed at Disney's Old Key West Resort I was rather concerned when reading some of the reviews on here.
I needn't have worried, this hotel is exactly what it says on the tin. It does not try, or claim to be to be a 5 star hotel but it is a very good 3 star.
Already planning to come back!

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank jedamber
Thank you for taking the time to post your honest rieview on Tripadvisor! We are glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again in the future.