“Great Value For Your Money”

Ramada Kissimmee Gateway
Ranked #38 of 152 Hotels in Kissimmee
Westchester County, New York
“Great Value For Your Money”
Reviewed 17 July 2014

My family held a family reunion at the Remada Gateway. The entire hotel was very clean and the staff was helpful and very friendly. My group, had aproximately 22 rooms, some were in the tower and some were in the inn. Everyone, was extremely satisfied with their room and the cleanliness of the Ramada Inn in general. The hotel has a deli and bar. I did not utilize the bar, but I did use the deli. The food was very good and the prices were reasonable. My group, was also very satisfied with the 2 pools. The hotel is conveniently located near stores and restaurants.
The person in charge of groups, Ms Janis Blair was very helpful from the beginning to the end of our reunion. In general, The Remada staff was professional and friendly. I plan on staying there again and I would recommend the Ramada Gateway to individuals, families and groups.
PS I forgot to mention that we had a banquet dinner at the hotel. The food was excellent and the room in which the banquet was held was lovely.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (536)
Covington, Louisiana
Reviewed 17 July 2014

They had a nest of yellow jackets by the pool and they attacked my one year old and they gave me one night free which was an insult to me I had to spend four hours at the ER and the two people behind the desk customer service stunk the girl even rolled her eyes at me will NEVER stay here again!

• Stayed July 2014
3 Thank cocofitz
RamadaGatewayGM, General Manager at Ramada Kissimmee Gateway, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Here is what happend...... toddler was unsupervised, reaching behind the fenced area of the pool into bushes in the garden. There was a small wasp nest in the bush. Because of the location, it had not been detected by hotel staff or any other guest that we are aware of (I'd like to think that someone would have brought it to our attention if they had noticed) the child disturbed the wasps and we understand the he may have been stung, but we never verified that. This guest, the childs mother, went to the front desk, cut in front of a number of guests checking in, banged her fist on the desk and demanded loudly to speak to the (profanity) manager. The two front desk clerks on duty told her that they would get the manager right away and the guest continued to yell, and stated that if thye didn't, she would "come over that desk and ....(more profanity). The front office supervisor came to the desk immediately as well as another manager of the hotel and spoke with the guest. they gave directions to the nearest hospital at the guests request, however noted that the child was not crying at the time. We extended compensation in the form of a roomnight on the hotel, not as an insult as the guest states, but to hopefully make up for the inconvenience to the family. We have no information from the alleged trip to the hospital and have not had any further contact from this guest. Ramada Gateway GM

Travellers are raving about these Kissimmee hotels

Reviewed 16 July 2014

I stayed for 10 days in October, I was all by myself and had a great time. It's very well located and the restaurant is OK. I stayed in the tower (not the inn) and got an amazing corner room where I could watch the fireworks from Disney World. The room was clean, the shower was good and the bed was great. I had a problem with a clogged toilet one morning but let the staff know right away, and when I came back in the evening it was fixed. I would definitely stay there again!

Room Tip: Tower rooms are better!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Isabel B
Lockerbie, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 July 2014

I have just returned from staying at this hotel with my special needs son for two weeks and i can safely say i will definitely be going back next year.

I had a room in the courtyard (114) just up from the pool and my room was beautifully clean with two comfortable double beds,a flat screen tv, air conditioning, an iron & ironing board, a hairdryer, a fridge and tea and coffee making facilities,. We had clean bedding and towels every day, fresh supplies of coffee every day and our maid even folded our pjs and put them under the pillows.

After reading some of the reviews on here about this hotel i was worried,On arrival i was very pleasantly surprised, the hotel staff are very efficient and friendly, they were especially good with my son who insisted on pinching the American flags from the displays.
When we had a small problem with the sink leaking underneath, the maintenance men met me at my room as i was returning from reporting it, they fixed the problem within 10 minutes.

We spent alot of time in the two hotel pools both of which were cleaned daily, had ample sunloungers and fresh towels were provided twice a day.

We ate at the diner and the food quality and price was very good, my son loved the bbq chicken wings.
We did eat at the restuarant for breakfast and we were dissappointed with it, it cost $9.95 per person and there was very little choice, especially when you can walk across the road to the likes of the ponderosa and be spoilt for choice.

The hotel provides shuttle buses to the disney parks which run 2/3 times a day, a word of warning these buses get VERY busy and if you can imagine sardines in a tin you will have some idea of the shuttles. We only used the shuttle to disney once because we found it too uncomfortable being crammed on, i did report this to the staff at the hotel.
We also used the hotel shuttle to seaworld, this shuttle was not as busy as the disney shuttles but this could be because the only seaworld shuttle left the hotel at 7.55am and didnt return until 6.45pm which meant you were sat outside seaworld waiting for the park to open at 9am.
It would have been nice to have had a second later shuttle aswell.

We also used the free shuttle to the outlet mall and had absolutely no problems there, the drivers were courtious and accomodating.

Overall i would recommend this hotel to anyone. We have stayed in kissimmee 3 other times in 2 different hotels and i can say that this hotel has to be one of the best.
Thank You Ramada for a very happy vacation.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
8 Thank Amelia H
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We came here to go to Disney World. And we booked this hotel through
Magical Getaway. The Hotel itself was nice, but the customer service at night was very rude. He tried to get more money out of me. Even thought I told him everything was paid for. I also, showed him receipts. He still wanted about 100.00 in cash. So, we had to wait until another person came in. She booked us in with no problem. The shuttle buses run 2 times at night. But other than that the hotel was nice. Please be aware of people trying to scam tourist!!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Tiffany B
St. Petersburg, Florida
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Surprised that this hotel did not have a hot tub. Rooms were comfortable but some areas needed to be cleaned better. Good hotel for the price. Staff were nice and helpful. Parking was close and free. Overall good quality for the price.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 July 2014

We just came back after 2 weeks hol at this hotel.
this is our first time to ramada gateway hotel which was recommeded by friends who had used this hotel numerous times.

I have to say we were not disappointed. I highly recommended this hotel to anyone who is looking for a reasonable price hotel with easy access to the disney parks. I appreciate the hard work of our room maid, who kept our rooms clean & always ensure we have clean towels daily.
The reception staff are very pleasant & helpful too.

If we can afford orlando trip next year, i will definitely come back to this hotel. my only advice for visitors from abroad, please be careful about booking car rental from yr country as we were forced to pay for insurance that we had already paid for when we booked in uk but Dollars car rental at the USA airport wld not accept it & pressurised us to buy extra insurance which we had no choice but to buy it cos we werent sure if our fully comprehensive insurance book from UK will cover us.

So that is the only hiccup we had , which is a shame really. never mind we did have a lovely time & enjoy our stay at this ramada gateway hotel

M. Law

Room Tip: ask for an upgrade room to the 6th or 7th floor over looking 192 highway cos u can see the fireworks...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family