“Never Again”

Ramada Kissimmee Gateway
Ranked #38 of 154 Hotels in Kissimmee
Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

I thought I made a better choice staying here for one night should have thought twice. I had to return to the front desk TWICE! Until my room was eventually switch due to a malfunctioning access card reader. After lugging my gear up a flight of steps three times I was tired from my long day and furious. Won't ever be staying here again.

Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Julian R
Write a ReviewReviews (2,722)

Reviewed 23 July 2014

Yes the price of the rooms are nice, but the rooms are not nice. The rooms favors motel rooms, La Quinta Inn value overall trumps Ramada Gateway Kissimmee. The reasonings behind my words are due to my many experiences with hotels and motels. I booked a room with two queen beds at Ramada, the booking went well and the people that work here are nice. Now, when I checked in and viewed my room, it was not up to par. The room did not do the online pictures any justice. The shower had mold in it, the refrigerator was rusting and pilling, also the furniture was falling apart. I was and still am disappointed with Ramada Gateway Kissimmee, never again will I nor my family stay there.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank FairToEvery1
RamadaGatewayGM, General Manager at Ramada Kissimmee Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

We are sorry to hear that this guest is dissapointed but want to reiterate tha our hotel has two different style rooms, as shown very clearly on our website. We have an interior corridor tower with our deluxe rooms that are at the higher price point. They are more typical "hotel" style rooms, accessed by an elevator. Our lower priced rooms are in the "motel" style section of the hotel and are the lower priced, more economical guest room. We are priced very competitively for our market and significantly below some other brands as well as the hotels located within the parks.
We are also happy to correct any unsatisfactory condition in your guest room if possible when notified.
Ramada Gateway GM.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

The overall comfort level and the friendly staff would make me return in the future. The distance to the theme parks and other attractions was ideal. Would recomend this hotel to friends and family ! The cleanleness of the room was above average

1  Thank Aaron M
Reviewed 20 July 2014

I Can deal with the musty smelling rooms but I could not deal with the Terrible, unfriendly, and rude staff members. From all levels housekeeping, front desk, restaurant, bar, banquet and worst of all management. I tried getting assistance from supervisors and managers and they turned out to be worst than the staff. My Family hosted an event here and many of them got sick over the food. Bed sheets, bathrooms, elevators were simply filthy. A true shame. Never ever did we get offer any type of remediation, the solution was simply worst than the problem.

Room Tip: Bring some air freshener and lots of patience.
3  Thank Antonio C

The hotel recently hosted two different family reunions, only one had a scheduled meal function with the banquet department of the hotel. According to the meeting planner for the family, they had a wonderful time, the food and service was good and they enjoyed their weekend at the hotel. There were, and are still no reports of any complaints, nor anyone getting sick, which we would of course take very seriously. It is difficult to understand how this one guest had such a negative experience with so many members of out staff, however I apologize and would have been happy to address the issues had I known about them prior to reading trhem on Tripadvisor.
Ramada Gateway GM

Reviewed 20 July 2014

We live in FL and just go on mini get-aways. This is the first time we've stayed in Kissimmee and what a find this Ramada Gateway was. Very welcoming, neat, clean and very comfy beds. We stayed in one of the Tower Rooms and they cannot be reserved ---- it's first come-first served; which I thought was kinda crappy. We just happened to 'luck out' and there was one available when we got there. Although I offered to pay in full in advance, they still would not 'reserve' a tower room. We were on the 6th floor which gave us a great view of the Disney and SeaWorld fireworks displays. Gift shop, ice cream shop, restaurant (not so good for dinner; but great breakfast buffet), helpful desk clerks all down on main floor. We sure hope to stay there again.

Room Tip: Stay away from the 'Pool Side' rooms if you want quiet.
3  Thank KATHERINE A
Reviewed 18 July 2014

We couldn't fault the hotel but as we weren't driving the shuttles were quite important to us and didn't run at good times. The only bus to Disney left at 12:30 which is totally useless. However we did figure out how to use the linx buses which were a lifesaver and only $2 each way. You can just take the 55 and get off at the first stop after the big Disney junction and then the 56 back the way you came. It would be VERY USEFUL if Ramada knew or had this information somewhere for people on a budget. We were not the only ones struggling to figure out how to get to the parks at a reasonable time.
But the hotel itself was very clean with lovely rooms. I think the significantly cheaper Ramada over the road pulls down the rating of the tower hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank thewisewombat
Reviewed 17 July 2014

We had a wonderful time at this hotel. It was only 10 minutes from Disney World and all the staff was very professional and welcoming. We will definitely be staying there on our next vacation. The rooms were very clean and accommodating.

Room Tip: Pool view was beautiful but, there it is a little noisy.