“Value motel.”

Ramada Kissimmee Gateway
Ranked #39 of 154 Hotels in Kissimmee
Reviewed 22 August 2014

This is fine if you spend most time at the parks.
The good : daily maid service who made the beds, changed the used towels, cleaned the shower, toilet and sink area. Two lovely pools, never crowded, towels provided, sun loungers washed daily. Convenient restaurant, only 3 mins walk to from furthest room.
Convenient parking either directly outside or a couple of spaces down from room if on ground floor which we were given the choice to stay in ( ground or first floor ).
Only 5 minutes from entrance to Disney world. Furthest park was 11mins.
Powerful, reliable air con. Coffee making machine produced hot water so bring your own tea bag and milk and you can make a decent cup of tea. Ice bucket useful and loads of places to fill it.
Value for money.
TV provided, but don't know if it worked as I never switched it on. Wifi free and good enough to stream youtube.
Deli provided pizza to order and take back to your room.
The not-so-good :
Breakfast buffet was mediocre, e.g. Bacon or sausages not both would be available. You could have omelettes and waffles cooked to order, but you did have to queue on some busier mornings. Some fresh fruit but some was tinned (pears, peaches ) which was a shame as the fresh stuff - melon, orange, grapes were delicious.
The evening meal service was dreadful, expensive ($73 ) and the food poorer than breakfast and half the menu unavailable! Waitress largely ignored us and then gratuity of 15% was automatically added to the bill!
The room decor was not to my taste but its condition was ok. The carpet smelt if you got too close, but felt dry and non-sticky which was a step up from the last place we stayed!
The staff were a mixture of pleasant ( morning staff ) or ignored you....having a long conversation whilst you stood in front of them (talking in Spanish). So I guess it's pot luck!
Mattresses were firm, so did not suit my preference for soft, but that said, they were spacious. The sheets are marked, worn or torn, but ours were clean and felt soft.

To conclude, this gave us value for money, perfect location for Disney and our son LOVED the pool!

Room Tip: Rooms close to pools might get noise from pools, but management were very good at cleaning people fr...
1  Thank G L

Reviewed 21 August 2014

Terrible, unfriendly, and rude staff members. From the time i check in at the front desk the staff was unfriendly. I wasn't able to approach any staff member without them having an attitude. My cousin had a wedding and we had the worst service ever and many of them got sick over the food. I tried getting assistance from supervisors and managers and they turned out to be worst than the staff. I stayed in the tower room facing disney. We had a great view of the fire work.

Room Tip: More professional staff. Some training.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Margie518
Reviewed 21 August 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the Ramada Gateway during a holiday and besides a minor hiccup during check in where the system didn't get updated to the fact I had booked a deluxe room, it was great.

I was in a tower room facing disney and I was able to see expedition everest from animal kingdom, The Swan and Dolphin Hotel, the Hollywood Tower of Terror at Hollywood Studios and the Epcot Ball/Globe/thing. And as an added bonus I was able to see all the fireworks from Epcot, Hollywood Studios and Magic Kingdom, which was epic.

The deli had delicion ceaser wraps which I had a couple of times and the staff were always nice and helpful. I got buffet breakfast everyday for free which was a bonus and the spread was nice, I would have liked watermelon in the fruit salad but there wasn't any. Robin was a lovely staff member and always manage d to put a smile on my face.

The shuttles to disney and universal could use an overhall by adding more services to all the parks, but they worked when I needed them.

Overall I enjoyed my stay at the Ramada and would stay there again.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Breakfast was really good, Staff-very nice, I had fun with my children for vacation. I planned to get a city view, which was given to me. It was our first time in Orlando, got a number of question, but were very kind to give an answer. I do recommend it.

Room Tip: Higher floors are really good if you want to see the castle
Reviewed 20 August 2014

We stayed here to visit Universal Studios, but because it's so close to disney, I would suggest only staying here if you're going to Disney. We stayed in the outside rooms not the tower. The rooms were okay- obviously an older hotel, but still clean. The beds were hard but we didn't mind because most of our time was spent at the parks. Found a couple small non-threatening bugs, which is to be expected when the door leads directly outside. This hotel was packed when we went, lots of families staying here. We didn't take the shuttle to the parks because there were very limited times to leave and return. Overall, for $40 a night you can't go wrong, especially when you're spending so much at the parks. It's a no-frills hotel, so if you don't mind that and just need a place to sleep that's close to Disney (or about a 15 min drive to Universal), it's great.

• Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 18 August 2014

We were placed in the "motel rooms" in the back and they were horrible! The first one smelled of mold and mildew. They moved us to another in which the smell was as if they never had flushed the toilet. Finally after an hour's wait, we were finally placed in a tower room. So much better! It would be nice, however if there were air conditioning in the hallways. It must have been over 80 when we stepped off the elevator.
All in all, the room was fine, the bed comfortable and the view of Disney fireworks from the street facing side was excellent. Perkins Restaurant across the street was excellent for a budget concious meal

Room Tip: Street facing tower room
2  Thank Coconutty2
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Staff - very nice got checked in straight away asked to go in the tower but wanted crazy money, the staff in the restaurant though was not good at all, had a horrible waitress and at the end of the expensive bill saw that the tip was already in the price no wonder she made NO effort at all and was rude if you dont have to work for your tip.
room - very nice room just around the corner from the pool cleaned everyday room you could have a good sleep in for the price.
wifi was only in the reception a bit of a blag cause everyone was on it so really slow.
the free shuttle is great sept when its busy time it is packed.
good hotel for the price if you plan on staying in the hotel and around the hotel then i wouldn't pick this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple