This is fine if you spend most time at the parks.
The good : daily maid service who made the beds, changed the used towels, cleaned the shower, toilet and sink area. Two lovely pools, never crowded, towels provided, sun loungers washed daily. Convenient restaurant, only 3 mins walk to from furthest room.
Convenient parking either directly outside or a couple of spaces down from room if on ground floor which we were given the choice to stay in ( ground or first floor ).
Only 5 minutes from entrance to Disney world. Furthest park was 11mins.
Powerful, reliable air con. Coffee making machine produced hot water so bring your own tea bag and milk and you can make a decent cup of tea. Ice bucket useful and loads of places to fill it.
Value for money.
TV provided, but don't know if it worked as I never switched it on. Wifi free and good enough to stream youtube.
Deli provided pizza to order and take back to your room.
The not-so-good :
Breakfast buffet was mediocre, e.g. Bacon or sausages not both would be available. You could have omelettes and waffles cooked to order, but you did have to queue on some busier mornings. Some fresh fruit but some was tinned (pears, peaches ) which was a shame as the fresh stuff - melon, orange, grapes were delicious.
The evening meal service was dreadful, expensive ($73 ) and the food poorer than breakfast and half the menu unavailable! Waitress largely ignored us and then gratuity of 15% was automatically added to the bill!
The room decor was not to my taste but its condition was ok. The carpet smelt if you got too close, but felt dry and non-sticky which was a step up from the last place we stayed!
The staff were a mixture of pleasant ( morning staff ) or ignored you....having a long conversation whilst you stood in front of them (talking in Spanish). So I guess it's pot luck!
Mattresses were firm, so did not suit my preference for soft, but that said, they were spacious. The sheets are marked, worn or torn, but ours were clean and felt soft.
To conclude, this gave us value for money, perfect location for Disney and our son LOVED the pool!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ramada Gateway, one mile from the gates of Walt Disney World®, is a designated Walt Disney World Good Neighbor® hotel and close to other popular tourist attractions such as Sea World Orlando and Universal Adventure .Our high-rise, deluxe rooms feature the convenience of microwaves, double sinks, hair dryer, iron and board with panoramic views. If you prefer more modest accommodations, stay in our standard Inn rooms - providing views of our covered garden area and tropical landscaped pools. Complimentary scheduled transportation daily to Walt Disney World®, Sea World, Universal Adventure and Lake Buena Vista Factory Outlets shopping. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Southall Travel, HostelWorld, LoveHolidays, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cancelon, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Ebookers and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Ramada Kissimmee Gateway reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ramada Gateway Kissimmee Hotel Kissimmee
- Ramada Hotel Kissimmee
- Ramada Hotel Gateway
- Ramada Plaza Gateway Orlando
- Ramada Plaza Gateway Kissimmee
- Kissimmee Ramada
- Ramada Kissimmee Gateway Florida